Evolve Vacation Rental
- English, French, German, Spanish
Exactly what me and the others couples thought it would be. Great location. Only complaint no frying pan
Everything was very nice and location was great. Only thing I would suggest is more kitchen wares. There wasn’t a frying pan to use, and we really needed one. Other than that, just really nice. .
Clean and close to pretty location
We enjoyed staying here with a few caveats:
1. When we showed up we realized there was no toilet paper, tissues, paper towels, cleaning supplies, or even a dust pan for the old broom they had. We were surprised there weren’t ever starter roles. We would have brought all of this from home had we been told in advance. The only thing we were told we would not have was towels.
2. There were very limited instructions In terms of the pool entry, and area. Usually when we have stayed in a place like this there was at least some directions beyond basic information.
3. The power went off in the front of the house on a Sunday afternoon. I took almost day and a half for them to come and take the locks off the garage door in order for us to flip the breaker. That was a little frustrating although the rest of the house power did work.
4. Pillows, sheets, beds are all very basic...there are no frills in this house- but All appliances, air-conditioners, were in working order. Except the fan in the living room is not working. And we did not use the TV as we had our roku.
All this to say, we had a fine stay and it met our expectations for a place to stay at the end of a long day at the beach. I would suggest to the managers to at least have a few rolls of toilet paper available for when people arrive. And a broom and a dustpan. Especially with all the sand being brought in, and maybe some cleaning wipes to keep the place clean.
Worst mattresses, sheets and pillows ever seen, dusty, hardly tolerable
Unfortunately, we were unsatisfied with this vacation rental for several reasons. Both my husband and I have awful upper back and neck pain 3 days after returning home from sleeping on the worst mattress we have ever encountered. It is so bad, even 800mg of ibuprofen doesn't help and I can barely turn my head. Anyway, we are a young family that travels quite often and are used to encountering all kinds of mattresses but have never had one so poor. It was hard and rubbery, but somehow worse than an air mattress. I will list the other issues:
1. Several lightbulbs were out/not working throughout the house, and only 1 outdoor light worked out front making returning at night a little tough.
2. The bedrooms were very dusty, particularly the master bedroom bedside tables. Dust flew off the ceiling fans when we turned them on and they had dust caked on the blades.
3. The kitchen garbage was full of trash.
4. The coffee maker had old coffee grounds left in it and the carafe wasn't clean.
5. The sheets on the master bed were so thin, there appeared to be holes in them in places where they were stretched or worn thin. You could see the mattress through the sheets.
6. The sheets in the the other bedroom we used did not fit the mattress. They were clearly for a mattress size smaller and were stretched just over a corner. They kept slipping off the mattress and my daughter would end up tangled in it by morning.
7. All the bed sleeping pillows are in unacceptable condition and require replacement. They are yellowed and incredibly thin at around 2 inches max.
8. The toilet paper holder in the master bathroom was missing.
The acceptable? Well, the bathrooms and living area floors were clean and the air conditioning and wifi worked. We've stayed in many home vacation rentals before and have never complained or had so many issues like this. I already communicated these issues after our stay with the property management company, Evolve, but despite saying in their email they were interested in making things right if the stay was unsatisfactory, I haven't heard back.
Hi Katie, We were sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay at this vacation home, and we would like to take this opportunity to address the concerns in your review. The homeowner takes the experience of their guests seriously, and they work with a professional local service to ensure that the home is well-maintained and ready for each guest's arrival. We understand that you arrived before your check-in time while the cleaning crew was still preparing the home, and they had not yet taken out the kitchen garbage. The owner carefully inspected the property after receiving your feedback, and they apologize that a few lights were out in one of the bedrooms. However, they did not see any issues with the sheets or pillows, and they did not find any dust on the furniture or ceiling fans. You can see from past guest feedback that cleanliness has never been an issue at this property, and the owner and their local crew always go above and beyond to provide 5-star stays for each guest that they host. We were managing unusually high volume when you reached out, and we apologize for the delay in our team responding to your email. We do appreciate you taking the time to work with our team and the owner after your stay, and we hope that you keep us in mind for your future travels. Best, the Evolve Team
It was so nice. Not too far from the beach. Beautiful house. One of our best vacation. Thank you so much
Nice little house!
Great time at bike week. We had two couples there and there was more than enough room. Everything was clean and it was a real short drive to ocean city. I would definitely rent this property again.