Welcome to Washington! Enjoy being close to Union Station, H Street Corridor, Capitol Hill. Ten min walk to Metro (Red Line); or three min walk to H St. Trolley/Capitol Bikeshare station. Two blocks from Whole Foods. Convenient to Smithsonian Museums, National Mall, and U.S. Capitol.
You have private access through the basement entrance, or come and go through the main house entrance. This is the furnished basement apartment beneath a modern Capitol Hill townhouse.
* Sleep on Leesa luxury memory foam mattresses (both brand new Oct. 2016).
* Living room: full size bed, sectional couch
* Bedroom: Queen size bed
* NOTE: Cleaning staff may access the basement for laundry purposes (you can use the washer/dryer too).
* Who's around: The basement is completely private. Your host is a female in her 20s who works in the DC area, and she lives on the second floor of the house.
* The basement does not have a private kitchen.
* The basement contains a full bathroom, and there is a half bathroom on the ground floor.
* Max occupancy 8. Each bed sleeps two. The sectional couch separates, and each section sleeps one. Two fancy (really), twin-size airbeds are also available.
* Fastest Wifi provided
* The HVAC is in the closet behind the couch. A person sleeping on the bed won't hear the HVAC. But a person sleeping on the couch may want to move the couch to avoid being right next to the HVAC.
* The basement apartment has a separate exterior house door, which locks. The interior door that connects the basement apartment to the house, through the kitchen, does not lock.
CHECK-IN, Check-out, late stays, and luggage
*Enjoy easy, hassle-free arrival. Door access is keyless, with 4-digit entry code. Check-in is after 4pm. Checkout is at 11am. A professional cleaning person comes at noon the day of departure. This means no late checkout since your room will need to be cleaned. It's okay for you to keep your bags in the living room, and to come back and get them later before your flight.
* No pets, parties, events, or drug activity.
* Please, no smoking of tobacco or marijuana in the house.
* Moderate noise like boisterous talking will not carry from the basement to the second floor, where other bedrooms are, but please no excessive noise, such as playing loud music.
*Please note the cancellation policy before booking
*Please understand the cancellation policy is necessary because this is not a hotel. If you book the room, it is reserved and someone else cannot book it. By contrast, when you book a hotel room, the hotel continues to accept reservations from other people.