Take your Midwest escape from ordinary to extraordinary with ‘House in the Clouds,’ a unique 4-bedroom, 3.5-bath Honor vacation rental house with over 4,000 square feet of living space! Perched on a hilltop, this beautiful lodge-like home boasts panoramic views of the vast countryside and Platte Lake. Lounge by the private pool in the summer and venture over to the nearby lakes for year-round activities. With accommodations for up to 12, this property is perfect for your next family getaway!
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed | Bedroom 4: King Bed, Queen Bed | Additional Sleeping: 2 Rollaway Beds
Upon arrival, the property’s impressive 360-degree views are sure to stop you in your tracks! Take in the vast countryside from the large driveway, or make your way to the backyard for a closer look at the Big and Little Platte Lakes and to see how ‘House in the Clouds’ lives up to its name.
The backside of the house features a seasonal in-ground pool (Memorial Day-Labor Day only), a basement walk-out patio and large upper-level deck. No matter where you choose to spend your time outdoors, you won’t be able to get enough of the area’s stunning scenery!
Once you’ve worked up an appetite from a day out on the lake, fry up the catch of the day in the fully equipped kitchen, featuring stainless steel appliances and high-end cookware. A barrel table, breakfast bar and formal dining area provide plenty of space to savor meals all together.
Distinguished by high ceilings, floor-to-ceiling wood paneling and luxurious furnishings, the spacious living area provides the ultimate lodge-like experience. Make yourself comfortable on one of the plush sofas surrounding the 65-inch flat-screen TV or simply sit back and relax in one of the armchairs to enjoy the view through a two-story wall of windows.
An impressive stairway guides you from the main living space to a lofted lounge area, which creatively connects the first three bedrooms through open walkways.
Watch a movie or play a round of foosball in the lower-level game room before stepping outside to witness a Midwest sunset like never before!
Relaxation and outdoor recreation abound at this phenomenal Honor home. A 15-30 minute drive will take you to several lake areas offering boating, swimming, fishing, water skiing, tubing, kayaking, windsurfing and so much more, while a 25-40 minute drive will bring you to 5 different wineries for tastings and food pairings!
If golf is more your sport, 3 course lie within 20 minutes or less of the house including champion Hill Golf Course, Pinecroft Golf Course and Crystal Lake Golf Club.
Come the colder season, the skiers amongst your group won’t hesitate to make the 1-hour or less drive out to the surrounding resorts, such as Hickory Hills Ski Area, Mt. Holiday Ski & Recreation Area and Caberfae Peaks. Even closer the house lies Crystal Mountain. Only 20 minutes away, this four-season, family-friendly resort has something for every vacationer to enjoy!
Spend a day in town to check out the local shops and eateries in the village of Honor. Come nighttime, enjoy a relaxing evening at the Cherry Bowl Drive-In Theatre & Diner for a movie night and comfort food.
Other must-see activities and areas include the village of Empire, home to the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, The Homestead, a beachfront resort offering a variety of year-round activities, and Traverse City, hosting the National Cherry Festival. If Traverse City didn’t satisfy your sweet tooth, you can also visit the Glen Arbor Cherry Republic, featuring gourmet cherry products and a variety of gifts.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances, 3 flat-screen TVs, free WiFi, updated laundry machines, a walk-out patio, second-story deck, seasonal swimming pool (only available Memorial Day-Labor Day), new Weber grill, ample driveway parking, panoramic views, and so much more
- Unbeatable Honor location - 30 minutes or less from numerous lakes and recreation areas! Minutes from the village of Honor and various golf courses. Close proximity to ski resorts and other area attractions including the village of Empire and Traverse City
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Cherry Capital Airport - 727 Fly Don't Dr, Traverse City, MI 49686 (~27 miles
- No smoking (of any kind)
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note that the pool can be heated for an additional $145 per stay fee (only available Memorial Day-Labor Day)
- Note that 10 guests can sleep comfortably in the bedrooms and 2 guests can sleep comfortably on the rollaway mattresses, bringing the maximum occupancy to a total of 12
- Please note the property is not suitable for children
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in