Enjoy some quality time with loved ones and friends at this spacious, comfortable and well-appointed chalet with mountain views of Ski Brule. You'll be across the street, just a short walk away from Ski Brule Lodge, Saloon and Rental Center. Ski in or out, if you'd like. Or call 800-Do-Brule for roadside pick-up and drop-off. This chalet is great for getting away from it all, skiing, sledding, hunting, hiking or just enjoying the majestic beauty of the Upper Peninsula. This chalet is a left/right duplex. This profile is for the RIGHT SIDE ONLY, not the entire duplex.
Clean, Comfy, Well-Appointed Chalet With Mountain Views Of Ski Brule (Right Side
Alison & Brian
- Calendar last updated:
- 25 Mar 2019
About Alison & Brian
We're a close-knit family living in the Midwest that really treasures togetherness, making loving memories and healthy, wholesome fun.
Alison & Brian purchased this Chalet in 2017
Why Alison & Brian chose Iron River
We have a large family and extended family. This property allows multiple families to be close together and really share each other's company. Nobody has to jump in a car or go back to a sterile hotel room in the middle of the evening. Family and friends can hang out as late as they want and retire to their beds a few steps away.
What makes this Chalet unique
The surroundings are serene, pure and breathtaking. Ski Brule has one of the earliest starts and latest ends to skiing in the Midwest. And, excellent fishing, hiking and hunting are nearby. The town of Iron River can provide golf, restaurants, groceries or antiquing just a few minutes away. This property also boasts a sauna, scenic deck and fire pit. It's also great for large groups and multi-family outings. It also has two full kitchens and two bathrooms. And it's just a few 100 yards from one of the county snowmobile trails (#15). So it's ski-in/ski-out, and snowmobile-in/snowmobile-out.
Pool / Spa
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Very clean. Well stocked kitchen. Beautiful area. Snowmobile trail access was directly across the street.
Small chalet based on description, cleanliness issues
My family travels to a new location every year & this chalet will NOT be a place we return to. We would NOT recommend it to anyone. We have stayed in several condos over the past 8 years since starting this tradition. This condo rates at our ALL time low of all places we have stayed at. Value is NOT great for what you get in return. This chalet is overpriced for its value!!!
NEGATIVE THINGS (IN OUR OPINION):
1) The description on the VRBO website originally said it had 12 bedrooms, when it really only has 4 bedrooms (with 2 loft areas)-which i figured out ahead of time by pictures. I since see it has been changed to 6 bedrooms. The description on the website says NOTHING about this being a LEFT or RIGHT side of this chalet. The bedroom & chalet description are misleading. We didn't realize it wouldn't have enough room for everyone "comfortably" until we got there.
2) The highest loft area will only be suitable for teenagers or small adults - the stairway heading up didn't seem stable for older adults or small children. The website also states that there are 2 twin beds on that level & THERE ARE NOT!
2) The kitchen/living room is very small. It contains a kitchen table with 6 chairs, living room has 3 chairs. We had 2 extra camp chairs with us, otherwise people would have had to sit on the stairs for 3 nights while we visited and hung out.
4) MICE - there is a known mice issue at this chalet, after talking with workers at Ski Brule & a couple local people we saw when we were there. When they asked where we were staying, everyone seems to know the bad rapport this chalet has for MICE specifically. When we checked in on Friday - we found mouse poop on all beds (except futon) & on the kitchen counters. When I complained to the owners, they told me it was cleaned days ago, then the cleaners told me they were there the day prior. Mixed answers didn't make us happy. Then later that night....we had our first mice encounter. He scurried away to never never land & we never saw him again. Thank goodness.
5) TV had no local stations, we were NOT able to get in the NFL playoff games on Sunday. That was a HUGE disappointment to our family!!! Good thing the Packers didn't make the playoffs this year! I'm pretty sure we would have packed up at that point!
THE ONLY 2 POSITIVE THINGS I COULD SAY ABOUT "HOT SPRINGS LODGE":
1) IT'S PROXIMITY TO THE SKI HILL IS AWESOME!
2) The owners were very responsive before & during our stay!
There's a lot of confusion here.
I would *never* mislead anyone about the amenities or condition of our properties but I do make mistakes (See below). And I will own up to any mistakes I make. I won't rent someplace I wouldn't stay at. I've stayed at every one of my properties and I try to sleep at each of them each year.
This is a clean, comfy, safe place for up to 11 people to stay for $235-335/night during the ski season. That's roughly $20/person Sun-Thu night and $30/person for weekends (Fri-Sat night). That's not a bad deal, especially when you're walking distance to the ski hill. If you find a better deal, by all means, take it. I want everyone to get the best deal they can.
Nowhere, anywhere, ever do we say "12 bedrooms". I can only think they meant "sleeps 12". But that's only on the Left Side. These guests stayed on the Right Side (sleeps 11).
The name of the property says right in the title Left/Right. And it's always been like that. I've added additional verbiage to the description to make it completely clear.
Yes, the twin beds in the 3rd floor loft area on both sides are accessed by what I would describe as a ladder or catwalk. I've added "ladder access" to the room description. The caption of the photo of the ladder on the Right Side was incorrect and has been corrected. My mistake. The capacity is and was correct.
The kitchen and living room are exactly as pictured. And, yes, the furniture situation is a known problem and mentioned by several of the reviews. We are looking to add furniture to improve the situation. We'll update with fresh photos when we've done that. I would expect that to be after the ski season this year.
We meticulously clean and prepare our properties before every stay. We are very proud to have some of the most diligent and best paid caretakers in the Yoop. I would put them up against *anyone* for quality, dependability and responsiveness.
Yes, there are mice in the Yoop. And bugs too. Every house in the woods will get visits from mice and bugs. All we can do is to try and prevent them from getting in and remove them as quickly as possible. If the possible encounter with a mouse or bug is too much for you to bear, I'm afraid the Yoop may not be for you.
I'm not sure what the TV complaint is about. We have the DirecTV Choice package with 155 channels. And we subscribed to the NFL Sunday Ticket (and NHL Center Ice) this year. We plan to do so every year, but we cannot promise that.
Great location and cute place, Wonderful owner!
Can't say enough about the great management and nice owner of this property, open this place up when we needed a last minute place to stay due to a problem at our prior booking.
Cute place with lots of sleeping space. Kids could spread out in various rooms/lofts. Walk across the street to Ski Brule to ski/snowboard was perfect for the weekend and where we spent most our time. Had a great wood stove and plenty of wood for us to keep a fire going and warm up the place even more. Small common area but we could all sit and play games/cards at the table at night for some fun.
Owner even helped with an important item left at the cabin and shipped back to us. Can't say enough about how friendly and responsive they were!
The walkway was well maintained; free of ice and snow.
This was a great place for a family ski trip and gathering. The open concept allowed for interaction while the sleeping arrangements provided privacy. The high temp was below zero everyday of our trip. The wood burning stove and sauna quickly warmed us up in between our outdoor activities. Great memories were created here. Thank you!
Additional pricing information
Rates are subject to change until the reservation is confirmed. No smoking in or around the house. No pets.