Evolve Vacation Rental
- English, French, German, Spanish
Minimum age of primary renter:25
Unfortunately, we did not enjoy our visit to the Alma Cabin. The cabin is charming and rustic but needs to address some basic issues:
1.Well water had a foul smell. I would suggest to bring your own water and ice.
2. Washer & Dryer - When I contacted Shawnda (the property manager who immediately responded) re: the well water smell, she informed us not to use the washer as the high level of lead in the well water might stain your clothe as evident in the orange stained bath towels and toilet bowl. I brought to her attention there is a picture of the washer and dryer in the VRBO listing stating "for your use" and was told that was a mistake and a washer & dryer is not listed in the amenities.
3. Cabin advertises a fire place but does not supply firewood, you will need to bring your own firewood.
4. Bedding - Old, "bally" sheets need to be replaced.
5. Hot Water - On the morning of our third day, we discovered we had no hot water for showering. Again, I contacted Shawnda who responded immediately and was very apologetic. The soonest she could get a plumber out was the next day so she graciously offered to allow us to leave a day earlier and credited us for the last night.
Address the well water issue, supply some firewood, replace the sheets and this would be a nice, rustic cabin to visit.
Eric, we're sorry to hear your stay fell short of your expectations. The homeowner sends an email to guests before check-in to remind them that the home is on a well water system and that guests may want to provide their own drinking water. Although the water in the home is safe for drinking, cooking, and bathing, the owners will be upgrading the filtration system this November. The sheets in the home are flannel, so the texture is typical for that type of fabric. We strive to advertise our listings in the most detailed light, which is why we don't include a washer/dryer as an amenity for this home, but we're sorry if that caught you off guard. We regret that the heating coil went out in the water heater, but we hope the generous measures provided by the owner helped ease the inconvenience. This issue has been resolved. The owners strive to provide exceptional guest experiences, and as evidenced by past reviews, we're confident this home will continue to host many satisfied guests! Best, the Evolve Team
Such a cozy and clean cabin. The kids (12 & 9) enjoyed the loft area, the kitchen had all the utensils, appliances and ingredients to help make meals and the location is perfect distance from many mountain activities (hiking, horseback, gold panning, off road excursions). We also spent lots of time at the cabin unwinding, playing games and enjoying the beautiful mountain air. Will definitely come back.
Nice cabin except for water
Nice cabin but could not wash clothes due to warning of staining because of excessive iron in the water. All towels stained orange as were sink, toilet and tub. Water smelled bad if not used to well water. Would be tight for more than 4 people.
Beautiful Cabin and Area
The Cabin and area were beautiful. Very quiet and nice. The owner was wonderful to work with, and had great communication with us.
Great Location – Cozy cabin in the woods
Very nice cabin in a convenient location. Very responsive owner. We had a blast.
Wonderful retreat in the woods
We loved our stay in the "Cloud 9 Cabin!" We found it so peaceful, and loved sliding down nearby hills with the excellent snowfall. I loved getting to see the snow-covered 14ers I had climbed a summer before. Our host was an amazing communicator and helped us throughout our stay. One note: if you are planning on skiing in Breckenridge, it is about a 45-minute drive over Hoosier pass to the ski hill. Highly recommend for a cozy retreat in the beautiful woods!