You can see the water from the porch and living room of this very cool beach front property. This home features 3 large bedrooms containing brand new pillow-top mattresses and high end bedding. There are 2 bathrooms and a roomy living room and kitchen. It has a very large screened in porch for grilling out and socializing. We recently installed a 50" Smart TV and WiFi. There is a washer and dryer available upon request. The only condition we have is that you don't get too loud, as this is a dense residential area and there are neighbors that may easily be disturbed. Also, only 2 cars are allowed in the driveway. I hope you enjoy the rustic nature of this cottage as much as we do!
- Cottage1650 sq. ft.
- Separate WCs1
- Min. Stay1 - 7 nights
Historic cottage ON THE BEACH with large screened in porch and lots of room.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- 15 Aug 2018
About George Hranowskyj
My name is George, and I'm an engineering student at ODU. I host guests at my unique vacation homes in Ocean View to make ends meet.
George Hranowskyj purchased this Cottage in 2017
Why George Hranowskyj chose Bay View
Beach front location, very comfortable brand new pillow top beds, WiFi, TV, Big porch for socializing, grilling, or smoking.
What makes this Cottage unique
This Rustic Beach Cottage feature hardwood floors throughout. We are pet friendly provided that your pet stays off the beds and furniture. Enjoy the Historic Character of this 105 year old home while you allow all your stress to blow away with the cool Bay Breeze!!
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Lovely just lovely
We had a wonderful time and the location was fabulous. Plenty of space to really play on the beach and enjoy each others company in the evenings watching the sunset. Only thing missing was a broom to sweep the sand on the porch and more time to enjoy my families time together. The sweet surprise...…. finding a long lost dear friend living RIGHT next door !!! We all thank you sincerely George <3
This was a nice house to stay in for the weekend right on the beach. It's about a 30 minute drive to the Virginia Beach area, but the beach right out in the backyard is awesome, pretty private and a great view.
Quaint, comfortable, affordable, bay front!
George's bay front cottage is comfortable, has plenty of space, is affordable, and is right on the bay! My family and I had a wonderful stay, and would definitely book this cottage again. It is rustic and cozy. The beds are comfortable. The water pressure is good, and we never once ran out of hot water with a family of 7, which was awesome. It is by no stretch luxurious, but it will meet your family's needs. The two window AC units keep the main living space cool. There is an AC in one of the bedrooms, but not in the master, which would have been nice, but it was not uncomfortably hot. George was friendly and answered all of our questions. Check-in and out was easy.
Important to note for travelers, though this area of Norfolk is relatively safe, definitely do not bring any valuables out to the beach (or leave them up on the dunes), as they will be stolen if unattended. My cell phone and a pair of old brand name sunglasses were stolen within 1 hour of arrival when I naively left them sitting on the red beach chairs on the dune just behind the house. It was still a wonderful trip, and I should have known better than to leave my beach bag unattended even for a short period of time, but it is something to be aware of.
Pros and Cons
- George was very responsive and accommodating leading up to our stay.
- We had plenty of space.
- You can't get any closer to the beach.
- Pet friendly.
- I'm 7 months pregnant and climbing the dune to get to and from the beach was a serious struggle! It'd be nice if there were some sort of railing to grab because its steeper than it looks in pictures.
- It's actually 3 units so there are people above and below you that you can't help but run into. It's not a private home.
- For the reason listed above parking is kind of a nightmare although the description does say you will only have 2 spots, it's tight!
- In the half bath the ceiling was covered in black plastic which is fine but I was using the restroom when dirty water and black debris came falling through on my head. When I notified George he said he knew about it and was trying to resolve it. I just would've preferred a heads up that something could come through while I was using it.
- When the guy came to look at the ceiling I had to stick around, taking away from my vacation time.
- There are 2 ac units that work great in the living room keeping it nice and cool as well as one of the bedrooms. The other 2 bedrooms don't have ac or window units. There are no screens in any of the windows so you can't let the evening breeze in. We were pretty warm in there.
- Those same ac units leak heavily into the screener in porch making it a wet mess.
- The pitbull next door can reach the porch while on it's leash.
- The screen doors out front and out back don't close so you can't lock them and feels unsafe and unsecure.
- We left a day early because we came home and the door was standing wide open. I messaged George to ask if they had been there for some reason and he answered "no" without much concern. We checked out the next morning a day early because we just didn't feel safe.
- There is no foot rinse before entering the house.
Beach is perfect and secluded.
Location was perfect, the beach seems private, the house needs some updating.
Awesome place! Very beachy feel. Spacious and lots of room to just comfortably hang out with all your friends and family. The beach behind the house is nice as well and the neighbors are friendly. Another great point is all the extra toiletries throughout as well as the kitchen is fully stocked with every utencil and pot you would ever need. Would definitely recommend this place.
Way too much to list. Ask me!
Additional pricing information
To ensure any "early check-in" requests, please reserve the night before. Our cleaners need 3-4 hours to properly prepare this large cottage for your arrival. Thank you.