Situated on the Cape Whale Coast, Romans Villa is an ultra-luxury self-catering beachfront vacation home within the secure gated Romansbaai Beach & Fynbos Estate, Gansbaai, Western Cape, South Africa.
The north facing, summer wind-protected Kevin Gadd designed home is of generous proportions and is constructed over 3 levels. The villa comprises 6 bedrooms with luxury bedding and linen, each with its own spacious en-suite bathroom and private veranda.
The living and dining area with Italian fireplace and flat-screen satellite television opens up onto the hardwood timber decking leading directly to the swimming pool. The fully fitted kitchen and scullery has high-end Miele and Bosch appliances throughout. A fully enclosed, furnished entertainment veranda with built-in barbecue, solid oak feature bar with Miele appliances, flat-screen satellite television and wireless Bluetooth speaker up onto the level lawn area and outdoor fire pit with magnificent beach, ocean, and mountain views. A protected courtyard with comfortable outdoor furniture allows for further natural light into the home. There are 3 over-sized garages and guest parking within the property.
There’s a DVD library that caters for family and children, as well as games for the family to enjoy when the weather isn’t good and you want to relax in front of the log fire in the living room. The pool deck has timber recliners for you to enjoy the summer sun. An expansive terrace on the first floor with timber seating allows you to enjoy the endless beach and ocean views on wind-free days.
The home is situated on a large, fenced plot of around 2,300 square metres, is beautifully landscaped and irrigated, providing guests with the ultimate in spacious accommodation and supreme privacy.
Romans Villa caters for the discerning traveller that commands luxurious living at its very best. The home is tastefully appointed and furnished with custom-manufactured designer furniture throughout, world-class cookware and utensils, and is serviced daily. A private chef can be arranged on request, subject to availability.
Experience what the beautiful Western Cape in South Africa has to offer within the world-acclaimed Gansbaai area where you'll see the Southern Right Whale swimming in the ocean, dolphins surfing the waves and Great White Shark cage diving on offer through registered tour operators. Enjoy endless mountain bike riding trails through the iconic Walkerbay Fynbos landscape and hike through pristine nature trails and age-old Milkwood forests. Venture out to the many wine farms in the area to enjoy wine tasting and gourmet food, or enjoy ocean water sports from the private beach that is a short 5-minute stroll from the villa. Whatever your preference, Romans Villa will ultimately ensure that your stay is of the very best and that you leave refreshed and well rested.
1. We insist that our Guests strictly comply with our House Rules and Terms and Conditions.
2. The moving around of furniture, furnishings, beds and appliances is strictly prohibited.
3. Smoking is strictly permitted only in the designated outdoor areas where steel cigarette buckets are placed. No cigarette butts are to be thrown onto the lawn, into the garden or into the outdoor fire pit.
4. Under no circumstances do we tolerate unruly Guests and/or bad behaviour, Guests that fail to maintain a strict code of cleanliness within our home and Guests that abuse our property, its facilities, equipment, appliances, furniture and furnishings.
5. We reserve the right to have our Property Manager and/or Proprietor inspect our home from time-to-time during our Guests stay. Should our Property Manager and/or Proprietor in his/her sole discretion feel that our home and its facilities are being abused by Guests, we reserve the right to notify our Guests to immediately vacate our property without refund or compensation what-so-ever.
6. Whilst we accept that accidents do occur, we insist that our Guests are required to report breakages, damages and/or faults immediately to our Property Manager and/or Proprietor of Romans Villa. Such breakages or damages are to be retained in the home for our inspection and verification for an immediate damages recovery claim against the Guest.
7. No pets are allowed.
8. When using the microwave (excluding the grill setting), please use the plastic splatter guard provided, (either stored inside the microwave or within the cupboard directly above).
9. The number of persons using the accommodation is not to exceed the maximum number stated in the property description (max. 12 persons) or as indicated on the Reservation Agreement. We reserve the right to charge you for any extra persons over and above what was stated in the Reservation Agreement, or to insist that the extra persons vacate our property.
10. The Proprietors of Romans Villa shall be compensated by the applicant for any damage or breakages which may occur and any excess cleaning that is required, sole interpretation in the event will be by the Proprietors or their Property Manager.
11. All visitors must act in a reasonable manner and have consideration for the neighbours in the area.
12. Music and noise levels are to be kept down to a level that is acceptable to all residents within the Estate.
13. No lit candles are permitted outside of the house. Please respect this rule for your own personal safety and that of our home and its contents.
14. Not lit candles are permitted to be left unattended to at any time. Please respect this rule for your personal safety and that of our home and its contents.
15. Please do not remove from the house any cutlery, crockery, glassware or linen.
16. We maintain strict control over our household contents through a comprehensive Inventory Register that is physically checked after each Guest check-out. Do not remove any items from the house.