*Receive a 10% discount for bookings longer than 2 days!*
Discover the Old West with 'Deadbroke Bunkhouse & Saloon,' a unique retreat nestled in the heart of the Tonto and Apache-Sitgreaves National forests that sleeps 12. The nostalgic getaway is reminiscent of simpler times, boasting 2 bedrooms, a sleeping loft, 1.5 bathrooms, a private 1880's-themed saloon and access to a one-of-a-kind shooting gallery. Book the 'Deadbroke Inn' also on site for groups of up to 18 guests!
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Sleeping Loft: 4 Twin Beds | Living Room: Futon Bed | Additional Sleeping: Rollaway Cots (available upon request)
Transport your group to the Old West when you book 'Deadbroke Bunkhouse & Saloon', a Western-themed retreat with bordello bedrooms, rustic decor and beautiful wood accents. Venture through the breathtaking Desert to Tall Pines Scenic Byway, to discover this hidden gem!
You're sure to love the cowboy-themed interior and distinct wagon wheel light fixtures hanging from above. Perfect for large groups, the expansive Deadbroke property also hosts another vacation rental, "The Deadbroke Inn', to host big families, reunions or retreats of up to 18 guests.
After a long day of hunting or hiking the nearby trails, unwind in the living room with the flat-screen cable TV and cozy wood-burning stove. An outside shower house and additional outhouse/toilet facilities are both located just outside of the bunkhouse.
Attached to the bunkhouse is your own private 1880's-themed saloon, with a beautiful bar, pool table, piano and tables for poker nights so you can party like a true pioneer! Pour yourself a bourbon on the rocks and enjoy a delicious dinner at one of the saloon tables, or at the large eat-in kitchen in the cabin.
On warm afternoons, take the feast to the picnic table and chairs outside and fire up the gas grill for a traditional BBQ. Enjoy dazzling evenings beneath a blanket of stars, gathered around the campfire as you revel in the peace and quiet of this secluded southwest paradise.
The on-site animated shooting gallery is truly a one-of-a-kind experience, where you can face off with Yosemite Sam while working on your sharpshooter skills. 'Step back in time' tours are available of the 1920’s historic Hoghland General Store, gas station, and museum free of charge, so you can experience what Pleasant Valley was like 100 years ago.
To access this home you'll venture along the Desert to Tall Pines Scenic Byway, known as one of the most beautiful drives in all of Arizona offering scenic vistas and gorgeous natural landscapes. Along the way, stop to cast your fishing line in Roosevelt Lake before continuing along the partially unpaved road to the Sierra Ancha range. Various other lakes can be found only a half hour away in the Mogollon Rim area.
Nestled in the heart of the Tonto and Apache-Sitgreaves National forests, you'll have easy access to millions of acres for hiking, biking, hunting and fishing. Enjoy trout fishing at Haigler Creek, embark on an ATV excursion through the woodlands, or bring your horses to explore the last frontier by horseback for an Old West-inspired adventure!
History buffs will want to immerse themselves in the notorious drama of the Pleasant Valley War, the bloodiest range war conflict in American history which ravaged this area for almost 10 years! Visit historical sites or tour Native American ruins to truly embody the area's colorful past. Rides in the owner's 1929 Chevrolet Sedan, adorably named "Miss Daisey", are also available for purchase!
The town of Young has a gas station and a favorite local restaurant, The Antlers, which serves a delicious menu and is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. If you want to visit larger towns, head to Globe, Payson or Heber for great antiquing, gift shops and family fun.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include an 1880's-themed saloon with beautiful bar, pool table, piano and tables; gas grill, outdoor furniture, flat-screen cable TV, one-of-a-kind Yosemite Sam shooting gallery, wall AC units, free WiFi, separate outhouse and shower facility, and more.
- Unbeatable location for experiencing the Old West, with easy access to hiking, hunting, ATVing, horseback riding, fishing and so much more. On-site Deadbroke Corral to accommodate your horses.
- Perfect venue for hosting western weddings, family reunions, ATV hunting trips etc. Wild West portrait photo shoot, vintage car tours and more available for an additional fee upon request!
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $50 fee per stay (Max 3 Allowed)
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered when booked in conjunction with the other on-site rental (Evolve Listing ID: #378854) and prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises, and there may be other travelers present during your stay. The homeowners also live on-site, and will be available to assist with booking any tours, excursions, providing suggestions or information during your stay
- Please note that there is an extra $30 per person, per night fee for travel parties beyond 6
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in