This is an Architect's brand new cabin made from an antique barn structure and a hand crafted log cabin. The very luxurious two bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home comes with 28 acres of privacy, incredible views, lots of birds, gas fireplace, heated bathroom floors, front and back porches as well as a back deck with a gas grill. Flathead lake is a beautiful area with many many fun things to do in the area.
- House1250 sq. ft.
- Separate WCs1
- Min. Stay3 nights
Very Private, Cozy Cabin over Flathead lake w/28 acres to explore
- Calendar last updated:
- 19 Sep 2018
About Jan Neudorfer
We hope to retire soon and build again on this property but now are willing to share our secret hideaway cabin. We love to hike, fish, photograph, and create in both wood and fabric. We can't wait to be able to spend more time in this corner of Montana.
Jan Neudorfer purchased this House in 2017
Why Jan Neudorfer chose Flathead Lake
Building in Montana when we have spent our lives in Maryland is a real adventure for us but this spectacular valley has everything we love. The artistic communities, inspiring vistas, quiet fresh air, beautiful rivers, mountains and lakes are the perfect combination.
What makes this House unique
This 1/2 log cabin and 1/2 antique barn is a very unique home. In Flathead Valley there is always something to do in every season. Skiing, hiking, fishing, horseback riding, llama trekking, dog sledding, rock hounding, photography, festivals . . . I can go on and on.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
The house and views were awesome. We enjoyed sitting on the deck in the morning and evening. Everything was provided except food, so we felt right at home. We brought another couple and they could not have been happier with the property. We spent 8 days and were sorry to leave. We could easily live here. Thanks for sharing!
If you’re looking for nice views, privacy and a home with character... look no further.
We rented the cabin for a week and had a great stay. 2 couples and we thoroughly enjoyed cooking in the well equipped kitchen and sitting on the deck which overlooks Flathead lake. Every morning and evening deer and turkey walked by and the sunrise on the lake was amazing. Upon arrival, the house was very clean and the owner had plenty of recommendations on things to do, places to eat, etc. The house is 15 minutes South of Kalispell, 25 mins from Whitefish, and 50 minutes from the West entrance of Glacier National Park and just minutes from Flathead Lake and Lakeside. The master bedroom is just off the living room and has French doors that lead out to the deck. The second bedroom is a loft, has the bigger bathroom but the stairs are a little tight and there is no door. We visited in mid Aug when there was a fire ban otherwise we would have used the outdoor fire pit which has incredible views of the lake. The owner is an architect and I really appreciated the attention to detail throughout the home.
Our family of 4 had a fantastic time. This house is very accomodating and the view is amazing. We will definietly stay here again. It's location was perfect for us. We've never been to Montana and the house location is great for exploring Flathead lake, Kalispell, Whitefish and Glacier. Jewel Basin which is also close and great for hiking is amazing! The only unfortunate thing about our trip was the Howe Ridge fire in Glacier. Visibility just wasn't what it should have been during our visit. This just means that we will be back for sure.
Staying in this beautiful home for a week was a truly wonderful experience. We loved every thing about this beautiful place and the lovely spot on which it sits. It has everything you need including a "jaw-dropping" view. We saw deer almost every day. We will never forget staying in this magical place.
Perfect cabin at a great location in Somers. We enjoyed the back deck at night, beautiful.
Peaceful Cabin in Convenient Location with Amazing Views of Flathead Lake
I highly recommend booking this upscale cabin sitting on 28 acres overlooking the Flathead Lake in Somers, MT. My family stayed a week at the cabin in late July 2018. The owner, Jan Neudorfer, was easy to work with and responsive. Highlights include:
• The cabin is beautiful with high quality construction – you feel like you are staying in an expensive, luxury ski lodge
• Lots of space – 2 large bedrooms w/lots of drawer and closet space, 2 ½ bathrooms, large dining room w/large table, living room w/gas fireplace and large flat screen TV, spacious kitchen with stone bar and chairs, and laundry room
• Upscale bathrooms – heated tile floors, large, tiled showers with shower head and hand wand, thick towels
• Fully stocked kitchen –all necessary cookware and utensils (Calphalon), and appliances. They have supplied everything you would need for cooking and eating at the cabin
• Large deck on back of house overlooking lake, and a propane grill
• Convenient location – 15 minutes to Big Fork and Kalispell, 30 minutes to Glacier National Airport, 45 minutes to Whitefish, hour to West Glacier (west entrance to Glacier)
• Great Wi-fi, stocked with games, trail and park guides
- The cabin is ideal for 4 people. The fifth sleeping space is a foldout cot in the upstairs loft bedroom so probably best-suited for a child.
- Cook S’mores one night at the property’s fire pit, which offers the best, unobstructed views of the lake.
- Although it may not be necessary, we were glad we rented an all-wheel drive SUV, which made it easier to get up the gravel switchback road from the main road to the cabin, and accessing local trail heads in Jewel Basin.
- Take a break from hikes by cruising and sunning on Flathead Lake on a pontoon or deck boat you can rent from a number of places 5 minutes away in Somers or Lakeside.
Glacier National Park is only a 45 minute drive from the cabin.