Ski-In/Ski-Out 3-Bedroom Northwood's
Great Vail location for a big group
1) Great location. Ski-in/ski-out. You can walk or ski to a great lift that brings you up to the top of mid mountain or you can get off 1/2 way to some easier blues/greens. 10-15 minute walk to the village.
2) Unit is dated but very large and accommodates big groups with ease. Real fire place. The beds were good except for the ones in the master.
3) Water pressure and temperature was a big problem. There was no water pressure in the kitchen sink which made washing dishes nearly impossible which made making dinners at home quite difficult. All the showers had decent water pressure but the temperature alternated but scalding hot and freezing cold.
4) The amenities in the building are wonderful. There is a great gym and huge hot tub with access to a heated pool. Also sauna and steam room in the locker rooms.
5) Vail realty which manages the unit was very responsive to us although they were not able to fix the water issues.
Overall, this is a great place to stay and I would go back.
I am glad you had a good time. The building is having an issue with a circulator pump. It is being addressed.....that was the issue with the water.
Great Ski in/out - close to villiage - well maintained
This condo is in a great spot, very easy ski in/out and a short walk to Vail village. Having a property manager onsite was a big plus, as they were very responsive to all questions and requests. The spa facilities were very clean, really enjoyed the steam shower, but we did wish that they would open the garage door on the hot tub so we could at least be 'sort of' outdoors. The unit itself was very clean and well maintained, but it is outdated. We also found the glass tables to be a bit hazardous - as there isn't a ton of lighting in the living room, the one in there was hard to see and a couple of us acquired shin bruises until we started covering it with items so we could see where it was. Things we wished the unit had: any type of game or a pack of cards, small spoons and additional large spoons, a pair of scissors, and some additional big pots/pans. Still gets 5 stars as none of these missing items stopped us from enjoying ourselves immensely. Great place - you can't go wrong unless you require a fancy decor.
Glad you had a good time. I will look at the glass tables......The door to the hot tub does get opened....I will check with the building manager at Northwood's on that one. Hope to see you again.
Spacious and lovely condo right on the mountain
We just returned from a 6 night stay in this lovely Northwoods condo and we hope to return. 2 beds in every room gave everyone space to spread out. The unit is well stocked, comfortable and thoughtfully decorated. And we loved the wood burning fireplace. The gym and pool and jacuzzi facilities were wonderful too. The accessibility to Vail's slopes could not be beat. Be aware though, that the tunnel that leads directly back to Northwoods is not always open, and the magic carpet closes at 3:30 making for a somewhat uphill hike at the end of the day. I would highly recommend this condo.
Glad you enjoyed your stay. There are some nice amenities at Northwood's! The tunnel is suppose to be open all the time if there is snow.....were they doing any work on it? See you next time.
3 Bedroom - 3 Bath condominium is in a superb Golden Peak location. Just a short walk to Vail Village. Great Amenities. Pool, hot tub, sauna, steam, exercise room.
Ski-In/Ski-Out location, right next to Gold Peak children's ski school.