|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Live like a local at “Nathan’s Alley” in the sunny Lower Haight. Comfortable, cozy, art-filled apartment superbly situated in a “destination” neighborhood, mere blocks from so many must sees: the famous Victorians called 'Painted Ladies' of Alamo Square, Haight-Ashbury, the Castro District, Market Street & F Line Trolley (which takes you quickly to Fisherman’s Wharf, The Embarcadero, Ferry Bldg., The Exploratorium), Palace of Fine Arts, Fort Mason, Fort Point, The Presidio, Crissy Fields; not to mention the many venues the Lower Haight has to offer.
While the gourmet kitchen is there for those who love to cook, for those who do not there is host of nearby restaurants to choose from – several, such as Thep Phenom (Thai) and Indian Oven (both consistent winner of “Best of the Bay” in our local weeklies) being literally just down the block.
• a modern unit with 1100 sq ft, three bedrooms, 1.5 granite & marble bathrooms, living room, dining area & kitchen combined, all the conveniences & comforts of a home away from home.
• Steps away from a destination neighborhood that people drive for miles to get to.
• Garden: artfully landscaped garden that guests will enjoy.
• Bedrooms: Master bedroom with queen-sized bed, 2nd bdrm with queen-sized bed, living room with queen sofa sleeper, two twin-sized trundle beds in the back bdrm. Storage galore, 2 closets with organizers, chest drawers & hidden storage in the sofa sleepers, coffee tables & ottomans.
• Bathrooms: 1.5 bathrooms. Main bath: shower over tub, pedestal sink, toilet. Shampoo/conditioner, body wash provided. Half bath: toilet and sink with organizer for towels.
• Kitchen: Well-appointed fully-equipped gourmet kitchen, well-stocked for those who love to cook, a slew of nearby restaurants for those who don’t
* cafes: Bean There (right around the corner), Café du Soleil, Café International (live entertainment), The Grind, Duboce Park Cafe.
* multi-ethnic array of restaurants: Indian Oven, Squat & Gobble, Thep Phenom (Thai), Sushi Raw (Japanese, Chinese), Axium (Ethiopian), Palmyra (Mediterranean), Kate’s Kitchen, Maven Bar & Restaurant, Uva Enoteca, Chow, too many to mention.
• Laundry: On-site front loading washer & dryer (no coinage necessary)
• Heating: Central heating and thermostat controlled.
• Dining: Dining area seats 4 comfortably, a coffee table with a lift that converts to an additional 4 seating.
• Wifi: Two smart TVs (40” and 47”) with free Comcast Xfinity high-speed wifi, access to your private Netflix account, wifi-ready HDTV, all the entertainment, HBO, sports channel available. Sony Blu-ray DVD player & wifi ready, mini-stereo system, HP photoprinter scan, print for guests use.
• Parking: driveway in front of the property
• Pets: small well-behaved dog less than 20 lbs considered. Pet fee charge of $50 for minimum 3 nights stay.
• Parks: Within walking distance to the famous Alamo Square Park and the row of Victorians called “Painted Ladies”, the famous Haight-Ashbury district, Buena Vista Park, Duboce Park, Golden Gate Park, the Panhandle, Hayes Valley Playground.
• Transportation: Easy access to all public transportations (bus, MUNI, BART) like 2-3 blocks away. MUNI to BART to the airport and other Bay Area destinations, (subway MUNI trains F, J, K, L, M, N lines to downtown, & AT&T Baseball Park). Mere blocks to the historic “F” trolley line that connects to the cable cars, the Ferry Building, Fisherman's Wharf. Literally 10-15 minutes to Union Square, Embarcadero Center, Modern Museum of Art, Randall Museum, De Young Museum, the Science Museum, Palace of Fine Arts. Transit score: 100; Bike and walk score: 91.
• Supermarkets & Pharmacy: Safeway (24-hr open 7 days a week), Whole Foods, Golden Natural Foods, CVS Pharmacy, mom & pop grocery stores mere blocks away.
• Medical Facilities: the world renowned University of California San Francisco Medical Center (UCSF), California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC), Davies Medical Center, San Francisco General Hospital (SFGH) are all within 15 minutes away. Free shuttle stops within 4 blocks away for UCSF & SFGH, 2 blocks for CPMC at Davies Medical Center.
• Rental Cars: Zipcar with depot of rental cars available within the neighborhood area. Check Zipcar.com website for more information.
• Wine Tour: wine tour shuttles within short distance from Nathan’s Alley. Check winetours.com website.
• Non-smoking apartment
Check in time: 3:00 pm
Check out time: 11:00 am
We have lived in all the units of our building and Nathan’s Alley certainly has had many fond memories for us. We look forward to speaking via phone with any who are interested in learning more about what we have.
Scott Taylor purchased this apartment in 1987
The Lower Haight is in the Heart of San Francisco. It's a neighborhood where you'll find an essence of what it means to call San Francisco one's home. It is in close proximity to all the conveniences of city living; close to all the shops, restaurants, groceries, transportation and experience living as a local. Also, it is close to all the must see sights of San Francisco. It is a very vibrant, interesting and diverse neighborhood where guests can enjoy the local flavor and what San Francisco has to offer.
All the amenities and conveniences of city living. Three bedrooms, one and half baths (1-1/2) with all the comforts of home.
Transit score: 100
Bike and walk score: 91.
Cars may not be necessary. There are rental cars within close proximity.
We loved our stay here at Nathan's Alley. Our family of 5 had plenty of room to spread out. We all loved the beds and plush blankets. We stayed cozy at night!
[We] were very impressed with how well-organized the apartment is. Everything is labeled, and direction booklets for all of the appliances are in the binder. For a small kitchen, the amount of small appliances, dishes, etc, is amazing! You have it all--and more! Especially grateful for the Keurig coffee machine and K-cups!
Nathan's Alley was the perfect location for my family's trip to San Francisco and here's why:
- Nice, clean neighborhood with easy-to-find parking in front of the building or within a block during street sweeping times.
- Really close to several great restaurants and a Safeway and Whole Foods, all within walking distance.
- Plenty of room for a family to spread out and have their own space.
- Very close to Golden Gate Park.
- Laundry! Having kids and ability to do laundry while traveling is a life-saver!
- Super comfortable beds. Seriously, so comfortable.
Here are the only negatives:
- There are no locks on the interior of the flat that cannot be accessed by key from the outside and while there are multiple locks to get through, it left us feeling a little less than safe.
- This is a ground floor flat and not much daylight comes in. BUT, if you are out and about all day, this is not noticeable. And it was unseasonably warm while we were there, so the flat stayed cool and that was welcome.
We would absolutely stay here again, this is a clean and well-stocked flat with all the comforts.
It was home away from home! My family and I enjoyed our stay in this lovely home. The kitchen was well stocked and there were treats for both the adults and kids! Thank you.
The beds with memory foam were comfortable; even the sofa bed!!
The apartment had all the comforts one needed and then some.
Only complaint, if any, was the parking; it was a challenge.
Great communication with the owners.
Thank you Scott and Margaret for letting us stay in your charming home. We look forward in staying here in the future!!
We spent the weekend in this ground floor apartment with our 3 kids. It is small but has a good layout with comfortable beds. The house was very well stocked, lots of towels and plenty of cooking items. The location was easy to access from the freeway and there is a great French coffee place around the corner for breakfast. Our only complaint is the "with parking" in the description. We had a mid-size rental car with us. The parking is street parking - directly in front of the garage in front of the house. Depending upon where others parallel park, you may (or in our case for an entire day) or may NOT be able to use the spot. So - if you don't have a car, or have a sub-compact, you should be fine.
Our 3 bedroom 1.5 bath apartment was wonderful ! It was very clean and felt like home! The cookies on the table was a very nice touch!! The owners were very good communicating instructions and helpful with any questions. THIS WAS THE PERFECT PLACE FOR MYSELF AND HUSBAND , MY BOSS, AND ANOTHER EMPLOYEE TO STAY!! We went to a dental convention and it was close by. This enabled us to stay together and still have our own private rooms. We would stay there again if the opportunity presents itself !!! Hugs from Alaska
The apartment was a bit smaller than we had expected. There are really only 2 bedrooms, although the extra TV room off of the kitchen can function as a bedroom. But, if you use this room as a bedroom, there isn't really any place to put the extra dining seating. The beds with the memory foam were super comfortable--the best I have ever slept on.
Everywhere is expensive in San Francisco, so if you're looking on the lower priced end you need to compromise. With this property those compromises are at a minimum.
All five of us were completely bowled over by how well supplied this home is. The kitchen is stocked with everything a group of guests will need, and not just the obvious like dishware and cutlery: for instance the fridge has a rack of condiments, and there was even a six pack of beer! The same is true of the bathrooms and bedrooms: if you have forgotten toiletries then no matter, there is everything you need laid out.
The living room is small for five people but all can fit in if need be. Should you choose to watch TV there is DirectTV, Netflix, and so on. That's not what one wants to do on vacation per se, but sometimes it is nice to kick back after a long day sightseeing, and you will have plenty of options should do so. The owners also have a nice shelf of books and board games to choose from.
The location is decent enough, say a half mile south of the famous painted ladies. It's tending towards the slightly rougher part of town but we experienced no issues, and though vagrants are hanging around unfortunately they do so all over San Francisco. The homeless problem in this city is very sad.
Though very happy with the property overall, there are some issues. Due to a lack of window light, the property is somewhat dingy and musty and you will need lights on most of the time. The trundle bed in the far bedroom is too tall for anyone under 5' 6" (say) to get in and out. Parking is *extremely* tight so put on your Houdini hat to get in and out of the space provided.
As I began, however, there are many more expensive options for SF and so you should expect to compromise at this price. Given the raw materials, the owners have done an excellent job of opening this property to guests.
I would recommend this property and book it again.
SUNNY LOWER HAIGHT, DUBOCE TRIANGLE, NATHAN'S ALLEY SF, 3 BDRM 1.5 BATH GROUND FLR GARDEN APT with parking, centrally located in SF.
Accommodations: Apartment, 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths (Sleeps maximum 6)
Centrally located, making all sights eminently accessible, many of them at close hand such as:
A) Dolores Park
B) Mission Dolores Church
C) Golden Gate Park
D) The Castro District
E) Hayes Street Shopping
G) Fillmore Jazz District
H) The Presidio
I) The Marina
J) The Opera House
K) San Francisco City Hall
L) AT & T Park (Baseball)
M) Union Square
O) The Exploratorium
P) The Palace of Fine Arts
Q) The Golden Gate Bridge
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Property Damage Protection||£40|
$250 per night (maximum 6 guests) minimum 3 nights stay
Pet: small well-behaved dog less than 20 lbs considered
Cancellation Policy: Refund with notice of cancellation 30 days prior to arrival date. (except cancellation due to act of god).
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.