This cute and cozy villa is aptly named "Gladiolus Hideaway"! Newly remodeled in 2017, this stylish yet comfy hideaway is the perfect beach retreat for 1 to 4. Tucked away at the quiet North end of Anna Maria Island, you are only a 5-minute walk to beautiful white sand beaches. The villa is very private with its own entrance, parking area and patio. Experience long walks and gorgeous sunsets at Bean Point beach. The Rod-N-Reel Pier is right around the corner for a morning cup of coffee, an evening cocktail or just enjoying the view! Explore a variety of shops and restaurants on Pine Avenue less than a mile from the property. Enjoy Gulf breezes from the screened porch or patio area. Master bedroom has a king bed. A queen bed in the second bedroom makes it possible to accommodate another couple or child** (or a couple plus grandma or sis, Mom and daughter, several girlfriends or buddies). Amenities include free wireless internet, cable TV in living room and both bedrooms, Roku, phone, washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker (Keurig and Mr. Coffee), gas grill and a variety of beach gear including a beach wagon, chairs, mats and umbrellas.
We do not require Saturday check-ins and check-outs, which makes it easier for you to book flights and get the best prices on your flights. We're close to 3 airports: Tampa International (56 mi./90 min drive), Sarasota International (20 mi/45 min drive), and St. Petersburg/Clearwater International (47 mi/75 min drive).
** Best for older children. Please provide details when you inquire!
1. The cottage is "turn-key" furnished. Towels & bed linens are included.
2. Enter the property via a private driveway and entrance.
3. A beach wagon is provided for hauling your gear to the beach. Umbrellas, folding chairs, cooler, beach towels and beach mats too.
4. Enjoy outdoor cooking on the gas grill.
5. Relax or dine on the screened porch with table and 2 chairs.
6. Lounge on the patio in the sun or under the umbrella.
7. Sleep soundly on a new King size bed. Second bedroom has a new queen bed.
8. Bathroom has a walk-in shower. There's also an outdoor shower spout for rinsing off after the beach.
9. The landline phone provides free local and long distance calling within the US and Canada.
10. Free high speed wireless internet.
11. Smart TVs with Cable channels are located in the living room and master bedroom. There is a DVD player in living room. Bring your Netflix or Amazon log-in information and stream all your favorite shows!
12. Games and puzzles for rainy days.
13. Ceiling fans in living room and both bedrooms.
14. Full size washer & dryer on the screen porch. Iron and ironing board provided.
15. We provide limited "starter supplies" including soap, toilet paper and paper towels. We try to keep a variety of cleaning supplies and detergents on hand, but we can't guarantee that these supplies will be replenished between guests.
16. The kitchen is fully equipped with all new stainless appliances, including refrigerator with ice maker, dishwasher, electric range, oven, and microwave. Dishes, pots & pans, utensils, toaster, blender and coffee makers (Mr. Coffee and Keurig) are provided.
17. Parking for a maximum of 2 vehicles (no RVs, trailers, or boats).
18. This property is a duplex with "back-to-back" entrances, not "side-by-side". You have your own private parking area, patio, and entrance.
19. Just how close is the beach? A beach access point at the end of N. Bay Blvd. (one street over) takes you over a wooden walkway right to the beach on the bay side of Bean Point. About a 5 minute walk. There is another beach access point at the north end of Gladiolus St (one block) that leads to Bean Point. The best swimming beach is on the Gulf side of Bean Point. In recent years there has been an accretion of sand at the point, so it's another short walk from the end of the path down to the water. All in all, about 8 minutes.
20. We have a Property Manager on call in case of emergencies or maintenance problems. There is no charge to you for this extra peace of mind!
21. We provide a notebook with property information including detailed instructions for how to use the TVs, DVD player, Roku, etc.
22. We use a cleaning service between guests and they do a great job. If you would like to hire the cleaning service during your stay, please contact us or the Property Manager.
Gladiolus Hideaway House Rules:
Thank you for observing the following house rules:
1. Check-in and Check-out: Check-in is at 3:00 pm and check-out is 10:00 am. If we don’t have a same-day turnover, we may be able to accommodate you with an early check-in or a late check-out. Please check with Cindy 24 hours in advance.
2. Garbage: Trash pick-up is on Monday and Thursday. Recycling is picked up on Monday. All cans are located at the front of the property on Gladiolus Street. You will need to carry your trash bags to the front and deposit in the appropriate cans (green for garbage and blue for recycling).
3. Parking: Maximum # of vehicles permitted is 2. All vehicles must be parked in front of the unit. Do not park in the access way! Boats, trailers and RVs are not permitted.
4. Noise Ordinance: The City of Anna Maria has a noise ordinance, which is strictly enforced. Quiet hours are in effect from 10:00 pm until 8:00 am daily. Violation can result in a fine and/or eviction.
5. Supplies: We provide a few limited “starter” supplies (a roll of toilet paper, a roll of paper towels, a small bar of soap). We try to keep a variety of cleaning supplies on hand (dish detergent, laundry detergent, window cleaner, etc.), but it’s not always possible to replenish these supplies between guests. We ask that you please leave whatever you don’t use for the next guest.
6. Linens & towels: Linens and towels are provided. Please leave any beds that have been slept in unmade the morning of departure. We ask that you launder all towels (inc. beach towels) except those you use the morning of check-out. We ask you to do this because of the short cleaning time between guests.
7. Dishes: Please wash and put away pots and pans before departure. Load and start the dishwasher.
8. Gas Grill: We have a small gas grill. We make every effort to keep an extra propane tank on the premises. If you need a propane refill, you can take the empty tank to True Value Hardware, 5324 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach 34217, 941-778-2811. Cost is $21.00 (as of March 2018).
9. Patio Umbrella: Please lower the umbrella when not in use & upon departure. It tends to blow over in high winds!
10. Sunscreen: Do not use sunscreen inside! It will stain the linens and furniture. Sunscreen spray will permanently damage and discolor the finish on the terrazzo floors and. Thank you!
11. Internet, Cable TV, DVD, and ROKU: We have high speed internet. User name and password are located on the premises. Detailed instructions for operating the TV, DVD, and ROKU are located on the premises.
12. Problems with Internet, Cable TV, or Phone: If you have any problems with internet, cable TV or phone service, call Spectrum at 1-855-657-7328 and ask for technical support. Spectrum requires that you be on the premises when the call is made.
13. Phone Number: We have a land line at the property. Our plan allows unlimited local and long distance calling within the United States and to Canada.
14. Mail & Faxes: Home delivery is not provided in Anna Maria City. Guests must arrange for a P.O. Box with the postmaster or have their mail sent “General Delivery”, Anna Maria, FL 34216.
15. Accidental Damage: If anything is accidentally damaged during your (furniture, beach gear, linens, etc.), please notify the Owner (Cindy) or Property Manager.
16. Emergencies & Maintenance: We have a Property Manager, Fran Maxon Real Estate, Inc., located in the Island Sun Plaza, 9801 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria, FL 34216. Phone is 941-778-2307. The Property Manager is available to respond to emergencies or maintenance issues. For any other questions call or text Cindy.
Thank you and enjoy your stay!