Spend relaxing days on Upper Gresham Lake while staying at ‘Maple Cottage,’ a 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom vacation rental cabin! Located in the Whistling Pines Resort, the home features sleeping arrangements for 6, a fire pit, and private dock as well as community boats and kayaks available for use. Whether you’re boating, kayaking, and paddle boarding in the summer or ice fishing in the winter, you’ll love returning to this warm and welcoming property after long days outdoors!
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: 2 Twin Beds | Living Room: Full Futon
**April Special: Half off the usual nightly rate!**
Step inside this cozy cabin where the wood-paneled walls are sure to make you feel like you’re on vacation in the Northwoods. Kick back on the comfy furniture and watch your favorite shows on the satellite TV.
The fully equipped kitchen has all of the appliances and utensils you’ll need to prepare your meals in your home-away-from-home. You also have the option to fire up the charcoal grill and cook your meals in the great outdoors.
Eat your meals inside at the dining table, or dine outside at the picnic table. After dinner you can stargaze or sit around the firepit and roast marshmallows!
After a long day on the lake or exploring the woods you’re bound to sleep well! You’ll find a queen bed in the master bedroom, and 2 twin beds in the second room, there’s also a full-sized futon in the living room for additional sleeping.
Spend your days swimming and boating on Upper Lake Gresham. Whistling Pines has several kayaks and boats for guests to use. You can also hang out on the community dock and soak up some sun!
Active guests will enjoy borrowing a mountain bike and traversing through the woods on the miles of bike trails. If it's snowy outside, don't worry, you can rent a snowmobile and hit the trails. Also, a nearby zipline is open year-round!
You'll love the easy access to skiing from the property! If you'd prefer to stay on the property, go cross-country skiing or use the provided snowshoes to explore the trails just 0.25 miles away! You can also venture 1 hour from the cottage for downhill skiing.
There’s no better place to go fishing for muskie, bass, walleye, northern pike, and panfish than Upper Gresham Lake. If you have trouble catching anything on Upper Gresham, head to any of the surrounding lakes which are all also chocked-full of fish. Owners provide fishing maps and great advice on where to go for awesome fishing! During the winter months, you'll be happy to find ice fishing accessible nearby.
Boulder Junction is 5 miles from the cabin and has a ton of unique shops and restaurants.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Property Features
- Amenities include a charcoal grill, picnic table, fire pit w/ firewood provided, satellite TV, DVD player, free WiFi, fully equipped kitchen, fireplace, central heating, parking, snowshoes, and more!
- Community amenities include a dock, canoe, 4 kayaks, paddle boat, row boat, a swim float, boat house, fish cleaning house and nearby zipline
- Lakefront location in the Whispering Pines Resort on Upper Gresham Lake in Boulder Junction. The lake is great for fishing all year long, go snowshoeing or snowmobiling in the winter, or just relax on the community dock
- Nearest Airport: Rhinelander/Oneida County Airport (RHI) - 3375 Airport Rd, Rhinelander, WI 54501, (~43 miles away)
- No smoking
- Pet friendly w/ $50 fee
- Events considered with prior homeowner approval (please reach out to Evolve with questions)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in