Saddle up for an unforgettable vacation at this charming and secluded 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom vacation rental cabin, surrounded by peaceful and lush nature. This is the perfect location for a family retreat to George Washington National Forest, and this home, sleeping 6, is the ideal spot to unpack your bags and enjoy! Close to great area attractions but still providing a sense of seclusion, you'll want to make this your getaway home every year.
Master Bedroom: Full Bed | Bedroom 2 (Loft): King Bed | Living Room: Pullout Sofa | Additional Sleeping (Lower Level): Futon
This dynamite cabin is loaded with charm and rustically decorated in mountain themes. Cleverly distributed over 1,200 square feet, this home is cozy but comfortable for your family or group of friends to relax and take in the natural surroundings.
The fully equipped kitchen is ideal to gather around and share every minute of your vacation. The counter-height island in the center of the kitchen offers seating for two and is situated right next to the dining table so your entire group can share your favorite meals prepared at home.
The kitchen and dining area open to the living room which is outfitted with a large flat-screen TV and a comfy leather couch. The focal point of the great room is the spiral staircase that connects all three levels, adding to the charm of this mountain retreat.
Head down the spiral staircase and you'll find a pool table for your group to enjoy along with additional seating and a decorative fireplace. Just outside the main level is a great screened-in porch where you can enjoy evening meals or your morning cup of coffee. The home also has a large deck that overlooks the valley and is brilliant for star gazing.
The master bedroom on the main floor is fitted with a comfortable bed and a bathroom just across the hallway. The loft area features a king sized bed and offers a jetted bathtub right next to the bed! The ultimate for relaxation.
You and your loved ones are most likely here for the natural surroundings and this property provides that! From the deck of this home on a clear day you can see out to the city of Clifton Forge and enjoy all the surrounding peaks and valleys. The area is particularly lovely when the fall colors start to emerge.
If you are visiting to experience the beauty and history of Douthat State Park, this home is situated just under an hour away. But closer to home, there's plenty to explore too! About an hour away is Lake Moomaw, perfect for fishing and summer water sports. There are also a lot of nearby rivers to enjoy.
Head to Alleghany Highlands nearby, where you'll find hiking and biking trails along with the option for canoeing and kayaking.
And in just about 20 minutes you can get to one of the top attractions in the area - The Omni Homestead Resort in Hot Springs. This spot is well-known for its historic value as well as some of the best hot springs in the area.
Of course there are dozens of nature trails around the property and if you have any golfers in your group they'll be thrilled to play a few rounds at the Historic Cascades Golf Course at the Omni Homestead Resort, surrounded by the beauty of the valley. Simply unforgettable.
And finally, for the shoppers and foodies in your party, you'll only be about a 25-minute drive away from Clifton Forge, with a charming main street offering great dining and shopping to pass the time. However you choose to spend your vacation, this home offers the balance of peace and serenity with fun and adventure!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, central air conditioning, 52-inch flat screen TV with cable, loft bedroom TV, laundry room, large screened-in porch, pool table and wood burning fireplace in the main living room (only operational from October - April)
- Main level deck looks out on panoramic views of the valley and the home is surrounded by nature trails
- Great location - Minutes from the Omni resort with swimming, hot springs, golf and outdoor activities, and close to awesome dining and shopping at Clifton Forge. 1 hour away from Lake Moomaw and 1 hour away from Douthat state park. Close to George Washington National Forest and Warm Spring Mountain
- Closest Commercial Airport - Greenbrier Valley Airport, 558 Airport Rd, Lewisburg, WV 24901, (~47.4 miles away)
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with fee (maximum 2 dogs)
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note that 4-wheel drive or all-wheel drive is necessary
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in