I grew up in Cooperstown and love the area. There are many things to do in this beautiful and relaxing region.
Meredith purchased this House in 2012
What makes this House unique
We love this house because of the amazing views of the lake from every room.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Lovely location on Otsego Lake, but very run down
We rented the lake house while our son played in a baseball tournament at Cooperstown All Star Village. The location is lovely, with sweeping views over Otsego Lake, but the house itself was a disappointment. Main issues as follows:
1. There was an overpowering odor when we first arrived - some combination of damp, mould and maybe recently finished wood floors. Eventually, the smell on the upper floor cleared up after we opened every window and sky light, but the downstairs level smelled damp and musty for the duration of our stay.
2. Kitchen was well equipped, but lacked garbage bags and paper towels. Bathrooms lacked toilet paper and the soap dispensers were empty. Screen doors to the upper deck were broken and did not stay in their frames. Most annoyingly, the house is accessed through a key code at the front door, but the screen door on more than one occasion locked behind us so that we could not access the panel and had to boost our younger son through a window to get into the house.
3. Kitchen and bathroom surfaces were clean, but overall, the house felt dirty. Lots of personal items on the surfaces, accumulated dust and dirt in the corners of the rooms, broken lamps and electronics scattered about the house.
4. Property description states that the third bedroom has bunk beds, in actual fact it has a twin bed with a trundle underneath only suitable for a small child.
5. The contract we received from the owner stated that there was an extra futon such that the house could sleep 8 people, but this bed was located in the utility room with the washer dryer, smelled bad, and the bedding was dirty and thrown into a corner of the room.
6. Wifi intermittently dropped throughout our stay.
7. All garbage had to be taken to the Otsego waste management center and opening hours are not listed correctly either on the website or the contract we received.
8. Neighbors to the left of the house as you look in from the street were intrusive and aggressive at times. They came out to watch when our kids were swimming and shouted at them if they strayed beyond the property line (which is unmarked).
9. It was frustrating to see kayaks locked up beneath the house - would have made such a difference to the stay to have had access to them.
All in all, lovely area in which to stay, but would not recommend this property.
Opera Lake House
A very cutel and clean cottage! This is our 2nd trip in 2 years and it was perfect for our family. Although, we didn't get to spend much time there because we were at the baseball fields a lot! But the peacefulness and beauty of the lake and time on it was a treasured memory!
A wonderful beautiful cottage
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. we rented for a cooperstown baseball tournament. We didn't spend as much time at the cottage as I would have liked to. I could have spent a whole week there, reading on the deck, looking at the beautiful lake. the kitchen is very well equipped. the first floor master has a wonderful comfy bed and you wake up to the view of the lake. I just can't say enough. you won't be dissapointed
Relaxing atmosphere and beautiful view.
I loved the location and the view! The house looks just like the photos posted and was very clean. My family can't wait to come back when the weather is warmer!
Itsego Lakefront House
Good location 6 miles north of Cooperstown; more of a summer cabin feel vs "beautiful lakefront home"; spartan furnishings; not kept clean - kitchen counters, window blinds dirty; dirty dishes in dishwasher; unused & long expired food in refrigerator; musty smell throughout.
Nice setting with good & relaxing view of lake. Easy access to Cooperstown area attractions.
A wonderful experience by the lake!
Thank you for a glorious week! Our family really enjoyed the beautiful house. It was very comfortable even on rainy days and friends joined us for cocktails and dinner before the opera. We appreciated the attention to detail--coffee filters, squishy towels, comfy furniture, games for the the rainy days. But we particularly loved the private beach and the view of the lake. It is a wonderful, private spot and a great way to relax. We all loved watching the fireworks on the other side of the lake and dining on the deck. The house was spotless and it is convenient to the museums and the opera making it the perfect vacation spot for us. Thank you
Cooperstown is a beautiful setting with a lot to do. Activities include the National Baseball Hall of Fame, Fenimore Art Museum and the Farmers' Museum. On Otsego Lake, you can rent a boat at Sam Smith's Boatyard or take a tour of the lake on the Glimmerglass Queen from the Lake Front Motel.
We are also nearby the Glimmerglass Festival (which has wonderful operas and plays) and Glimmerglass State Park which has trails, a historic house museum, swimming, barbecuing, and bird watching.
Cooperstown is also home to Ommegang Brewery, a Belgian style brewery which features tours, a cafe and concerts.