Staying here is like staying in your own private Bed & Breakfast. Relax in this landmark Victorian, greet the day with a cup of coffee on your wrap-around porch and plan the perfect day in the sweet town of Lewes - at the beach, shopping, or at a great meal. If you want to shake things up, head over to Rehoboth for fun and games on the boardwalk.
Property highlights include:
* new AC units - house is nicely and reliably cooled in summer (2 zones)
* well-stocked kitchen open to family room
* Spacious rooms, people can spread out
* wrap-around porch
* Very large, fully-fenced yard
Location highlights include:
* just a few blocks to town with excellent shopping and restaurants
* under one mile easy walk to Lewes Beach (bay)
* local activities include kayaking, boating, swimming, beach-combing, bicycling, tennis and nearby playground for the kids.
* bicycle/drive to nearby Cape Henlopen State Park for sun and ocean surf, the Nature Center, free bike rental, walking/hiking paths and fishing.
* nearby outlet shopping, movies, mini-golf, sea shell shops, more restaurants, and Rehoboth and Bethany Beach.
ABOUT THE HOUSE
'The Pink Lady', built at the turn of the century, was recently completely renovated and updated to today's modern standards. There is two-zoned AC so that everyone stays very comfortable, high-speed WIFI, cable, fully-equipped kitchen, outdoor grill and large lawn.
At 3000 square feet, the home is one of the most spacious rental homes in the Historic District. The home is furnished with high-quality new furniture (including beds) and beautiful antiques. The home sleeps up to 12 people, in 4 bedrooms and the brand new queen sleeper in the family room. The main level bedroom works as a private living suite with bed and bath.
ON THE MAIN LEVEL: Enter through the front door to find a spacious living room with gas fireplace...formal dining room...Large, well-stocked, updated kitchen open to casual eating space and family room with sectional and 50' flat screen TV with DVD player. Access to driveway and door to porch from the family room. Many windows make the family room light and bright. The back bedroom has 2 twin beds, and full bathroom with claw-foot soaking tub.
UPSTAIRS: Master bedroom, with King bed, own full bathroom (tub and shower), large closets and 40' flat screen television...second bedroom with Queen bed...and third bedroom with 2 full beds and unique wood walls and cathedral ceiling...the second and third bedrooms share a full bath in the hallway (with shower and tub).