The apartment is inside an approximately-80-year-old quintessentially Mexican apartment complex, which we like to refer to endearingly as “La Vecindad”.
Located 5 minutes walking distance from the heart of Querétaro’s downtown, and just a block away from el “El Mercado de la Cruz”, a very important and traditional local market.
There are plenty of places in the vicinity to grab a snack or have a proper meal. If you like to cook, you will enjoy going to the market (or call the local grocery store to ask for a delivery of any ingredients you might need). Although my kitchen is not very big, it is equipped with a gas stove and oven, microwave, toaster, electric kettle, and refrigerator.
La Vecindad is a wonderful and peaceful place for someone who plans on working from home. The constant sounds of church bells ringing in the distance, the singing of the birds, and the usual fireworks exploding in the sky are a soothing soundtrack.
The downstairs area is usually cool and well-lit, making the living room the ideal place to hang out, drink some tea or have a relaxing time reading or listening to some music, while sitting on the comfy blue sofa.
There are some lovely outdoor rooftop areas inside “La Vecindad”, where you could enjoy a nice view of Querétaro.
Other things to note
I’m a night owl, so expect me to be sound asleep during “normal hours”. I always try to be super quiet during the night time though.
- No smoking
- Not suitable for pets
- No parties or events
- May not be safe or suitable for children (0-12 years)
- Check in time is flexible
- Check out by 5PM
- No loud music or noises after 23:00 hrs. We like our neighbourhood to be a quiet place during the night.
- Although no parties are allowed, small reunions are perfectly fine, just check with me first.
- No smoking inside the house. There are some lovely outdoor rooftop areas inside “la vecindad”, where you could smoke and enjoy a nice view of Querétaro.
- Be respectful of the common areas, as our neighbours try really hard to keep our vecindad beautiful and cozy at all times.