"AVIVA VIEW": is across the road from the Grand Canal Hotel.
I'm Barry. You are most welcome to our charming two bedroom apartment in the Fashionable Ballsbridge area of Dublin City.
I live nearby and will be available to meet and assist you to settle in and enjoy your visit.
I am interested in people and in good positive conversation. I look forward to meeting you and filling you in on the landmarks of Dublin and their historical backgrounds.
My musical interests are traditional, to include Irish music and jazz.
I am an avid sports fan of Rugby Football and Horse Racing
Una co-hosts the property. She
"AVIVA VIEW" is a Home with a Comfortable Living Room, Dining Area, and a Sunny South Facing Balcony. It also has 2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, and a Fully Equipped Kitchen with all mod cons, in pristine condition.
Free TV and Internet access (WIFI)are provided.
,We will personally meet and greet you, with our welcome pack, on arrival and make sure you feel at home, whether you are visiting Dublin on Business or Pleasure. The entire apartment is your home while you are here in Dublin.
As your hosts Una and I are available to assist you at all times, and we are less than one hour away.
NEIGHBOURHOOD : The Surrounding Neighbourhood of Ballsbridge is the home of Leading Hotels, Restaurants, Rugby Clubs, Foreign Embassies and the RDS (Royal Dublin Society). All this is 23 minutes from Dublin Airport by Tunnel.
CONVENIENT : The location of "AVIVA VIEW" is unique in that it is so convenient to amenities nearby.
Within 100 Yards (Meters) we have a Supermarket, two Local Corner Shops, Hotels, Small Coffee Shops, Gastro Pub, Pubs, Beer Hall, Restaurants, Pizza Place, Canal Walks, Public Transport, Open Markets, and Friendly Characters.
GETTING AROUND : We are well served by Public Transport - Don't forget that you can easily walk to a lot of interesting places and the Grafton Street Shopping Area of Dublin City Center is a 15 minute walk away.
We can help you to plan your own walking tour.
TAXIS - There is a rank across the road and another one around the corner in Barrow Street
BUS - Over in Northumberland Road just beyond the Schoolhouse Hotel - We have 5 routes passing here.
DUBLIN BIKES - Down at the Bottom of Barrow Street or over on Lower Mount Street in front of the SPAR Shop.
DART - Dublin Area Rapid Transport - Train - Station is 3 Minutes away on Barrow Street - Less than 5 Minutes to City Center. There are Trains to Dublin Coastal Suburbs and Beaches every 15 minutes or so.
WHAT ARE WE NEAR THE AIRPORT
- Taxi 30 Minutes
- Taxi 20 Minutes Through Tunnel
- AirCoach Luxury Service Stop is 4 mins away on Northumberland Road
- THEATRES, CONCERTS AND SPORT EVENTS
- AVIVA Stadium International Football - Concerts and Sports Fixtures
- AVIVA Stadium - Tours running every hour from 10am to 4 pm - 5 min walk
- RDS Exhibitions - 8 mins walk
- Bord Gais Theatre - 10 min walk
- National Concert Hall - 20 mins walk
- Gaiety Theatre - 15 mins walk
- O2 Theatre - 25 min walk
- Olympia Theatre - 25 mins walk
- Museums and Art Galleries - 20 Mins walk
- The National Museum of Ireland - 20 Mins walk
- National Art Gallery - 15 Mins walk
OTHER PLACES OF INTEREST
- Trinity College Dublin - Book of Kells - 15 Mins walk
- Saint Patricks Cathedral and Christ Church Cathedral - 25 Mins walk
- General Post Office - Site of Insurrection 1916 - 25 Mins walk
- Kilmainham Jail - Taxi
-Dail Eireann - Houses of Parliament - 20 Mins walk
- Dublin Castle - 25 Mins walk
- Temple Bar - 25 Mins walk
- Jameson Distillery and Guinness Brewery - 45 Mins walk
There are so many places of interest it might be best just to get a basic list of the variety available.
Then you can have a chat on arrival and see where your interests lead you.
SHOPPING, EATING AND DRINKING
St Stephens Green and Grafton Street is the shopping center of gravity in Dublin - 20 minutes away.
There are plenty of restaurants and world famous bars in the neighbourhood. Searsons and the Waterloo gastropubs are
five minutes away in Upper Baggot Street. The Chop House Gastropub is just down the road.
If you prefer to dine in - there is a Supermarket, fine grocery and wine shop within 5 minutes and a Canal Bank Food Market
is held by artisan food producers every Thursday.
There are many takeaways that deliver in the area and these are available on the information sheet on arrival.
PARKS AND BEACHES
There are many Parks Playgrounds and Beaches in the area and DART trips to Howth and Dalkey are recommended.
Keeping the Kids amused should be child's play on your Dublin Break. You have easy access to a variety of amenities
from playgrounds to Kid activities, including:-
- The Viking Splash Tour - Imaginative tour of Dublin
- Hop on Hop off Tour Bus
- The Dublin Zoo - Located in the Phoenix Park.
- The ARK - Unique Cultural Art Center in Temple Bar
If there is anything else you would like to do or visit and need directions - just ask.
We look forward to your visit - CEAD MILE FAILTE - A HUNDRED THOUSAND WELCOMES.