Dream of a holiday in a castle? Savor a special lifestyle in this enchanting 280 year old Chateau set in 6 acres of park; a wonderful retreat amidst woods and vineyards in the legendary wine region.
A rare opportunity to be the guest of the proprietress & winemaker of a top rated boutique vineyard / winery.
This unique, private Winery and Vineyard retreat is for wine lovers and connoisseurs
The ancient wooden beams and elegant furniture offer an excellent escape in an area of unspoilt, natural beauty and heavenly tranquility. 200 year old trees, deer, wild turkey, rabbits and other wildlife are part of the landscape. The fruit orchard with various fruits plums, apples, cherries, peaches figs provide year-round treats.
Away from the congested wine tourist trails, this is the perfect rural retreat for peace and rejuvenation or for pleasurable entertaining.
Great as a family destination or with a group of good, fun friends.
An ancient, noble mansion that is today modern and luxurious; adorned with authentic Venetian chandeliers in the bedrooms, dining and living rooms.
The 10 original fireplaces and the ancient beams is evidence of the earliest aristocratic proprietors that lived in this castle. Ornate antique paintings mingle with modern art, combining authentic old world charm with high level modern amenities and comforts.
The billiard/games and social room with a bar and powerful sound system, opens out to the pool and terrace; secluded and private, – great for disco nights!! The huge pool, secluded by vineyards and its terrace offers total privacy.
This operational wine producing Chateau is the opportunity to experience life in a time honoured castle and, if you like, learn about the mysteries of winemaking. Guests love to visit the wine cellars and taste the handcrafted wines produced.
Restaurants, bars, shops, supermarket, tennis, horseback riding, river cruises on the Dordogne River all within 7 mins. The town of St Emilion, famous for its wines and stunning monolithic church is a stone’s throw away, while the renowned city of Bordeaux is 45 minutes by car. Visit museums, the Opera house, dine in well known restaurants, riverside cafés, bars, a casino, luxury boutiques and all the facilities of a major city.
The size and spaciousness of the Chateau allows for plenty of space and privacy; Guests are never in each other’s way.
Private French Chef available
Some Guests Comments:
• August 2011 Dr. Harry Hill and family:
The end of a wonderful fortnight in a fantastic place. The character of the house is obvious and the facilities are excellent – it’s a pleasure to be able to use such lovely furniture… The surroundings are beautiful and full of wildlife. Deer appear daily and wild boar can be seen…..
• June 16th-29th 2012 Helen & Olly Gavin
No one can deny that this is a fabulous place and a perfect venue to share birthday celebrations with some very special friends. Thank you for finding us a great caterer who provided delicious food and so discreet we hardly knew they were there! All talked of coming back, be it with family or friends, so we hope to see you again!
• June 2nd-9th 2012 Kelly Family
The Chateau is a beautiful home full of original features and lovely furniture – it took our breath away. 1 week was not enough…
• July 28th-August 11th 2012 Clerkin-Philips family
An amazing holiday at the Chateau – celebrated our Silver Wedding Anniversary in style – sorry to leave; hope to be back… What a lovely house; would certainly come back again in an instant! Fabulous house in splendid surroundings plenty of space for everyone to chill out.
• August 2012 Dr. Harry Hill & Family (2nd vacation)
Thanks again for an amazing fortnight at the Chateau – it was just like coming home. No one wants to go home.
• September 2012 Amanda Holden & Family
An amazing Chateau, exceeding our expectations. Children enjoyed all the wild life; the adults enjoyed the wines, sunshine and pool…
• September 8th-15th 2012 Marie Liptrot & Friends
14 friends with shared roots of 40 years or more… What to say of the Chateau? It straightaway shocked, delighted and welcomed us – a fantastic home plentiful with food and drink and sunlit views…
• September 15th-29th Nelson Family
We came with high expectations to your beautiful Chateau, but were blown away…We lived like kings!
• October 27th 2012 Gibbins family
A wonderful and amazing Chateau in wonderful settings. Only one week but wish it was longer. The wines are excellent.
• December 26th2012-January 4th 2013 Marina & Sam
No words to describe this magnificent Chateau and its surroundings. We stayed for 2 amazing weeks where life just stopped… Nothing would have been the same without one wonderful person who always made us feel welcome.
• July 26th-August 2nd 2014
What a place. We have loved our stay and will definitely be back. Never to be forgotten.
This house is like a bottle of Bordeaux; to be shared with friends; sad to leave.
• I wonder how many of your properties can boast chandeliers in their communal rooms! It’s a large 200 yr old manor house with nine double bedrooms, two and a half kitchens, and more than enough room to swing a very large cat. It has been beautifully modernized where it matters (en suite showers or baths of considerable sophistication, for example), without damaging its character and history. The bedrooms are decorated with great style, and that of the Marquise is particularly opulent. Outside, there is a mix of woods and vineyards to explore, and plenty of wildlife for those who want it. Two or three deer can be seen on an almost daily basis, though they are very shy. The orchard, has mature fruit trees and their produce is there for the picking. We had beautiful figs to feast on while we were there. Within 10 minutes there is a selection of village churches, all with some interesting detail and history. In short, this is a magnificent house which would suit an extended family, as we were, or a group of friends holidaying together.
Huge outside BBQ
No Pets allowed
Price Includes: Bed Linen, Towels, Internet - Wireless
No charges for tourist tax
Security deposit of 1000 Euros on arrival
Cleaning Charges: 200 Euros
Payment Policy conditions
50% at booking by Bank Transfer
50% 60 days before arrival by Bank transfer
Check in time is between 4 pm
Check out time is 10 am
Pets Not Allowed
Minimum Age Limit For Renters
9 Bedrooms, Sleeps 18, Beds for 18
King size beds (5), Queen size Beds (2), Twin or Single Beds (4), Child Beds (1), Baby Cribs (1)
Kitchen & Dining
2 Kitchen : 2 Refrigerators, Wine Refrigerator, Microwave
2 Washing Machines
2 Clothes Dryer
Game Room with Pool Table, Baby Foot, Darts
Wireless Broadband Access
Deck / Patio
Wine Tasting in the Cellars of the Estate
CONTACT OWNER FOR MINIMAL RENTAL PERIOD, SPECIAL PRICING AND AVAILABILITY (we do not use VRBO calendar).