CEDAR COVE is an amazing brand new custom home on 8.5 acres, with over 300 feet of oceanfront and a private sandy beach. It is located a couple minutes north of the picturesque town of Lincolnville, 15 minutes from Camden and Belfast. The views are outstanding, whether it's admiring the islands in the distance, watching the ferry go between Lincolnville and Isleboro Island, having a nightcap while the sun sets behind the Camden Hills, or gazing up at a million stars at night from the beach. The house is new (it was finished in 2016), but was designed to emulate the charm of historic Maine cottages and incorporate local materials. This includes slate floors and countertops from a local quarry, rustic wide plank pine flooring milled from Maine white pine, and a large rock fireplace in the living room built from local fieldstone.
The home has 5 bedrooms and 3 1/2 bathrooms. Three bedrooms have King size beds, with two of the bedrooms having en suite bathrooms. One bedroom has a full size bed and one bedroom has two twin beds. The family room also has a Queen size foldout couch. The house comfortably sleeps 12 people.
The kitchen area is very luxurious and modern. It has gorgeous slate countertops and custom cabinetry. All of the comforts of home await the lucky chef. There is a large zinc-wrapped island with seating around the island, as well as a dining table that seats 6 people. There are two porches off the living room - a covered porch with chairs to admire the view and a screened porch for eating al fresco during the summer, without having to worry about any insects. The living room has comfortable seating around a cozy wood-burning fireplace. In the basement there is a large family room, with a 60 inch 4k TV and a gas fireplace. Every feature of this home is custom and of the highest standards. It has a very luxurious feel while still being cozy and comfortable.
Cedar Cove is the perfect spot to access all that mid-coast Maine has to offer and is a beautiful home to spend any season of the year. Of course Maine's fame as "Vacation Land" is best linked with the summer, but whether it's the bright greens of spring, the explosion of fall colors, or the beauty of the ocean in winter, Cedar Cove let's you enjoy all Maine has to offer. Within minutes you can grab a great pizza at the Beach Store or enjoy some award winning blueberry wine at Cellar Door Winery in Lincolnville, catch a movie at the historic Colonial Theatre in Belfast, or purchase lobster fresh off the boat.
The surrounding area has so many activities:
* Camden ... the quintessential Maine town, with the Windjammer Festival, Camden Hills State Park, and the National Toboggan Championships - 15 min. South
* Rockland ... the Lobster Festival (70 years in 2017), the Farnsworth Museum, and ferries to Maine's famous outer islands - Monhegan, Matinicus, and Vinalhaven - 30 min. South
* Boothbay Harbor ... the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, Windjammer Days, and boating trips to see whales and puffins - 60 min South
* Belfast - Maine Celtic Festival, Marshall Wharf Brewery, Arts in the Park, and Belfast Harbor Fest - 15 min North
* Bar Harbor Area... Acadia National Park, the Lupine Festival, Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse 90 min North