La Grivette is a stunning 300-year-old stone house, situated just outside the tiny village of Sainte Colombe, yet a few kilometres from the ancient fortress towns of Duras and Monségur. The property is fully restored, secluded and private, with lovely views over plum orchards, vineyards, and farms.
It's the perfect base to enjoy the best of the French Aquitaine. Tour the world famous wines and chateaux of St. Emilion, Sauternes and Monbazillac. Plan day trips to the Atlantic coast beaches, the Dordogne, or Pyrenees. Nearby villages have daily open-air markets. International airports of Bordeaux and Bergerac are less than an hour's drive.
The property's meticulous restoration was completed in 2004. The home features 400 square meters of living space with 9 meter high beamed ceilings and breathtaking stone work.
- Gourmet kitchen with granite and stainless steel
- Large dining room with solid oak farmhouse table
- Salon with 2 stone fireplaces and chandelier
- Great room with office space, private loft and wine cellar
- 3 spacious bedrooms and 2 private loft bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms with solid brass fittings, large showers and a bath
- New 8 meter in-ground pool with salt filtration system and security fencing
- 2 pergolas with outdoor seating and lovely views
- Old fashioned front porch overlooking courtyard
- Outdoor, vine-covered shower
- Plum orchards and other fruit trees
Additional Guest Services:
Rentals include weekly housekeeping. We can also provide daily housekeeping and maid services. Our caretaker - who lives away from the property - can arrange private wine tours, private catered meals, cooking classes, and other services.