Located in the heart of the charming and fashionable Marais neighborhood (4th arrondissement) in the center of Paris, this fully renovated and beautifully maintained apartment possesses the perfect balance of historic beauty combined with high-tech modern conveniences: from ultra high-speed fiber optic WIFI Internet, to a state-of-the-art Miele clothes washer and dryer and central air-conditioning. Ideal for couples, individuals, or a couple of friends who want to spend the perfect holiday in an authentically Parisian apartment without sacrificing any modern comforts, this apartment is a luxurious and incredibly comfortable haven in the heart of one of the most desirable and safe neighborhoods to be in. Located on the top floor (6th floor) with an elevator to the 5th floor and then one easy flight of stairs, this apartment affords sweeping views over the iconic rooftops of Paris. Foodies will fall in love with the array of eateries surrounding the apartment and some of the best restaurants in the city, and those with a taste for fashion will find themselves in the middle of a seemingly unending labyrinth of designer boutiques mixed among high fashion shops and art galleries.
LOCATION: As a resident of a centuries-old building on a beautiful winding granite cobbled street, which even by Parisian high standards is considered a particularly beautiful and charming street, you will have museums, art galleries, incredible food and the latest in fashion at your doorstep. It is also just steps away from the beautiful Place des Vosges, numerous museums, parks and the river quays for romantic walks along the Seine. Additionally, the shops and restaurants in this neighborhood have the unique distinction of being open on Sundays, a rarity in Paris, which gives you the convenience of having everything you need available to you 7 days a week. The neighborhood is so popular on Sundays that the streets are closed off to cars and the area becomes a pedestrian zone for the day.
SLEEPING: Fall asleep on the highest quality mattress and crisp white pressed linens on a 160cm x 200cm bed (larger than a US queen size bed) that ensures very restful nights. The large skylights and southern exposure fill the apartment with natural light year-round, while the remote-controlled electric skylight shades allow you to sleep late or go to bed early if you need to transition to the time change; this is particularly useful in the summer when it can be light out until as late as 11:00pm! Fall asleep looking into the Paris sky, watching the beam of the Eiffel tower brush the clouds overhead, or on a clear night looking up at the stars.
EATING: A white stone counter top and white glass cabinets conceal an equipped kitchenette that is ideal for picking up food at local markets and at nearby bakeries, cheese, chocolate and wine shops and enjoying in the apartment. The kitchen includes a microwave, cook-top, refrigerator, toaster, espresso and coffee machine, and built-in aeration hood and lighting. A short walk from one of the biggest open-air food markets in Paris at the nearby Bastille, foodies will find themselves in culinary heaven with both internationally lauded haute-cuisine, as well as up and coming restaurants and bistrots surrounding the apartment.
OVERVIEW OF AMENITIES:
• Secure building with coded entry and two copies of your own key.
• NON-SMOKING apartment and amenities.
• Central air-conditioning.
• Elevator (only 1 in 200 buildings in this historic neighborhood has an elevator!).
• Full size Miele clothes washer AND separate Miele clothes dryer (available for stays 7 days or longer).
• An espresso and coffee machine (including a Nespresso coffee supply).
• A supply of delicious Madeleine pastries to complement your morning coffee.
• Unlimited ultra high-speed fiber optic WIFI Internet connection.
• Flat screen HD television with hundreds of cable channels included.
• FREE unlimited phone calls to anywhere in France, to the USA and Canada, as well as unlimited calling to landlines in hundreds of countries including the UK, continental Europe, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Argentina and Brazil, among many others.
• An equipped kitchenette with a microwave, refrigerator, cook-top, toaster, and built-in aeration.
• An excellent bottle of wine awaiting you upon arrival.
• The highest quality mattress and linens ensure very restful nights.
• Spacious rain shower with heated towel rack in the bathroom.
• Detailed guide to the apartment and neighborhood, including restaurant recommendations.
• 200 year-old solid oak flooring.
• Original elegant black marble fireplace.
• High quality hypoallergenic duvets/comforters and pillows, towels and sheets.
• Hair dryer.
• You will be personally greeted upon arrival, shown to the apartment and given a thorough orientation to the apartment and neighborhood.
• Large skylights that flood the apartment with light, with remote controlled shutters that can shut out the light with the touch of a button.
• 3 minutes from the Metro, putting you at the Louvre, Champs Elysées and Arc de Triomphe in minutes (or you can easily walk as well).
• There are no extra charges: cable TV, long distance calling, WIFI, wine, coffee, pastries, utilities and taxes are all included.
I fell in love with this property because of its incredible location in the heart of the city on a beautifully picturesque street, combined with the historic charm of the surrounding Marais neighborhood (with its famous food and fashion boutiques and museums). Add to that the fact that there is an elevator (only 1 in 200 buildings in this historic area have elevators) and that it has sweeping views over the city, this is truly a special place.
Location. Surrounded by museums, incredible food, fashion boutiques, and quintessential old-world charm.
My daughter and I very much enjoyed our stay at Michael's well appointed flat in the middle of a very interesting shopping and dining environment. YOu are steps away from all that Paris has to offer. Michael will look after every detail so that you can have an enjoyable stay in Paris. The flat was very comfortable and authentically French, we would have loved to stay longer. Thank you Michael for all the details and considerations you took for us. Nicola and Emma
It was clearly represented in photos; it made up for being a small space by modern conveniences and appliances. Internet, phone and TV all sans problems, good shower and water, and a kitchen corner. Location is great and very pleasant decor.
This is our second time staying with Michael (last time we stayed in the apartment right next door). He is the consumate host. The apartment was beautifully and tastefully appointed. We plan to continue to stay with Michael on all of our future visits to Paris.
Our stay in Paris was made that much better by the wonderful apartment we stayed in! Great location and just a cosy little place to feel like you're a part of Paris!
My wife and I just returned from spending a week in Paris. Our stay in this penthouse apartment was fantastic. Michael has created a haven within The Marais neighborhood that made our week in Paris so very wonderful. From the Espresso Coffee machine -- fantastic coffee every morning -- to the fully updated bathroom with even warming racks for our towels to the special views outside our windows, our stay could not have been better. Just a few steps away from our front door was the Murciano Bakery, the streets were full of wonderful shops and cafes and two blocks away was the St. Paul Metro Station on Paris Metro Line #1, the line that goes to The Louvre and Champs Elysees. We felt so very fortunate to have found this apartment in such a beautiful and historic neighborhood. We plan to return sometime in the future.
Everything fits so beautifully in this apartment. Michael has thought of everything. The bed is so comfortable and quite large, which is great in Paris. The Marais is such a fantastic area to be in - accessible to everything, and very alive. On Saturday night, walking home from a concert, it was utterly amazing to see how many people were out and about, eating in the fabulous restaurants. I felt so grateful to have found what Michael has created.
The apartment is located in the heart of the city, in the Marais, which is the oldest and best preserved neighborhood in Paris (the street the apartment is on was created in the 1100s and is one of the most beautiful in the city, paved in granite, and lined with 19th century street lamps). The surrounding area is full of restaurants, art galleries, and high-fashion shopping. The apartment is within walking distance of numerous museums and monuments, including the Picasso Museum, the Carnavalet Museum (the museum of the history of Paris), the beautiful place des Vosges, Notre Dame Cathedral, and numerous others. Additionally, it is only a 2 minute walk from the apartment to the St. Paul metro station, which is on the high-speed modern automated Line 1 (the yellow line) that goes right through the heart of the city directly to numerous monuments and sites, such as the Musée du Louvre and Arc de Triomphe.
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£324|
150 Euros cancellation fee up to 90 days before arrival.