|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Anticipate the pleasure of staying in the recently remodeled A- FRAME 'EDELWEISS CHALET' charmingly rustic and cozy with soaring 2 story ceilings, log walls, typical rustic decor as log style furnishings, antler chandeliers, Swiss Cowbells...dear antlers, original Swiss art...
Located in 'UPPER Moonridge' few minutes from beautiful Big Bear Lake, and the popular village shops and restaurants, ski slopes Bear Mountain and Snow Summit and golf courses.
* PET FRIENDLY....Large 3/4 Wrap-Around Deck securely gated for your Puppy to hang out!!
*Free NETFLIX Provided...unlimited Movies!!!
* A-frame woodsy Cabin with 2 story ceilings and loft, wall of glass with stunning views
* Large deck with Barbecue and log style Table with benches seating 6 people.
* partial log walls
* log furnishings with typical mountain decor
* Impressive STONE Fireplace (wood burning) in living room
* secured FAST SPEED wireless throughout the house
* New SAMSUNG SMART 42' flat screen TV with free NETFLIX access in living-room (unlimited streaming movie nights) and Cable DVR.
* new 30' flat screen TV with Cable DVR in downstairs Bed room with new Queen log style bed-frame
* Open REMODELED Kitchen with bar & new stainless steel appliances
* NEW Hardwood-floors in living room
* large loft master bed room with balcony (sun exposure) and new King log style bed frame and NEW 1/4 BATH and additional Twin bed.
* New Central Heating system... super-efficient ;)
Originally from Switzerland I have always wanted to own a cabin in the mountains reminding me of my homeland.
Finally I found the right house which I turned into a typical Swiss chalet with American Log style characters.Currently living in Los Angeles and enjoying the amazing state of California I enjoy the setting and location of Big Bear Lake with its many possibilities as skiing, hiking, water sports, fishing ...and specially the stunning weather of California.
Nadia de Winter purchased this chalet in 2012
I have been looking to find a cabin for several years and was looking for A - Frame style with tall ceilings and lots of character and an open floor plan...and there it was!!!
The wall of glass in the 2 story living room embraces the outside and pulls in nature to the fullest...
The deciding factor was the architecture of the A - Frame style log home with its 2 story living room, a large deck and views and specially the central location of 'UPPER Moonridge' with its close proximity to the ski slopes, the lake and several hiking trails.
We had an amazing visit. Chalet Edelweiss was everything and more for our Big Bear vacation. Perfect location, close to everything, beautiful neighborhood. Highly recommend for anyone looking to getaway to Big Bear.
Incredible home, fantastic location, serene setting. Nadia was a joy to work with and we cannot wait to come back!!!
We rented the Chalet Edelweiss for a weekend getaway. It was perfect. Most of the reviews have used the word cozy and that is the truth. The attention to detail is ever present. Everything was as expected and more. I loved the loft for my grandson. The beds were comfortable and the cabin was clean and inviting. It was a real plus having a 1/4 bathroom upstairs. We loved it. Thanks
A very quiet two nights in a very cozy cabin... everything I needed was there... and the downstairs bed was sooo comfortable... Next time I'll bring along my cast iron grill to use on that awesome oblong stovetop burner and make pancakes 😊
We really enjoyed our stay at this beautifully renovated cabin which had all the luxury's and high quality finishes you could want. It had a rustic feel with original art and furnishings that the whole family could enjoy. The beds were super comfy with great pillows, and bedding. My favorite was the view out the A- frame windows especially the morning we woke up to 6 inches of snow. Location was a great close to Bear Mountain and town. Our family is looking forward to going back to Chalet Edelweiss.
We spent Easter weekend at Chalet Edelweiss and loved it. The cabin was super cozy and had everything we needed. New appliances, great fireplace, big tvs, and cozy bedding. It was wonderful to have our dog with us too. Perfect mini-vacation. We'll be back!
Best Location in the 'UPPER Monnridge' area in the Hills a peaceful and quiet Get Away but still close to 'Bear Mountain and Snow Summit' ski slopes (about 5 minutes) , close to the village (10 min), Golf course and Zoo and specially stunning Big Bear Lake (5min).
|Cleaning fee||£93 + Tax|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£203|
|Pet Fee||£41 + Tax|
Christmas Eve and Christmas evening are $449 per night with a 3 night minimum.New years night is $449 per night.
Rates are subject to change until the reservation has been confirmed.
Very PET FRIENDLY...Safe Gated Wrap-Around Deck... perfect for DOGS!Pet fee $50 (additional per pet fee $35).
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.