Evolve Vacation Rental Network
- English, French, German, Spanish
Great cozy cabin!
My family and I enjoyed our stay! Jim was very helpful and accommodating. Our dog, 3 kids and husband and I all had plenty of space. The kids loved sledding on the driveway, a perfect sled hill! The house was stocked with plenty of sheets and towels for us all. We loved the Arnold area and will definitely return!
Wonderful Arnold Cabin
This cabin was perfect for our family of four. The kitchen was very nice and had all accommodations we needed for a weekend in the mountains. The wood burning fire place was perfect to warm the cabin. Rooms are spacious. The property around the house was perfect for playing in the snow. The owners were extremely friendly and contacted me before our stay to welcome and and give me tips about the area. The only thing I would change is to have a larger couch in the living room for family relaxation.
Middle of forest feel + great amenities in home
This house is located in a beautiful neighborhood that is far (but not too far) off of Highway 4. It's quiet, and while there are neighbors nearby, it feels quite private. The main comfort amenities of the house worked well and strong- wood fireplace (wood supply out back); hot water; water pressure; kitchen amenities; baseboard heaters; internet service; Roku/Netflix + more access- it was all easily accessible and without issues. The location was wonderful. We didn't use the outdoor area since it was cold but it would be great in warmer months, plus a nice barbecue that is not pictured. Small touches such as sensor nightlights in rooms, a large spice rack, cooking oil, marshmallows, ready ice cubes just added positively to the experience. The house was very clean and clearly well-cared for so I highly recommend it.
Peaceful place in the woods
That's a very cozy cabin in the woods. My family and I had a great time there! Jim, the owner, was a great host and provided good recommendations.
I highly recommend it!
Peace and Quiet! Cute place.
We loved this place! Our family (2 adults, 2 kids under 4 years old, and a dog) had a perfect amount of space for our 4-night stay. The proximity of the cabin was down the road from Calaveras Big Trees State Park, the river, lake in Arnold, and the market. It was a great way to unplug from the busy Silicon Valley lifestyle that we've been living with.
A few notes:
- We were there in the summer heatwave and had smoke from the Redding and Yosemite fires, so we wish there was another box fan or two in addition to the one that was there. There are ceiling fans in each room.
- The BBQ needs a little work since one of the ignition switches is out, but lighting it with a match was easy enough (and there are matches there).
- Bear-proofing the trash can would be helpful, since we picked-up garbage 2 of the nights after a visit from the residential bear (harmless, and fun to see!).
- Kitchen amenities are adequate and Dollar General and the Big Trees Market had the 2 items that we wanted and purchased, and then we left for the next renters.
- We brought most of our groceries, and ate at the Mexican food restaurant in town one night, and grabbed a shake at the burger joint across the street.
- Close to the house, our maps took us to a road that was closed for repair, so it was 20 minutes of back-tracking to the alternate route, so check with the owner to see what route to take in.
Overall, it's a great place to stay and we'll stay again! It was perfect for our getaway, and we loved the peace and quiet.
Perfect quiet getaway
Lovely little cabin in the woods! Would highly recommend if you are seeking quiet and solitude. Remodeled nicely and very neat and tidy.