Overlooking the horse barns and paddocks, the Stone House was built around 1880 and was totally renovated in 2015. Set between the towns of Middleburg and The Plains, the two-story stone cottage is decorated in a farm house style and consists of an eat-in kitchen and living room on the first floor and a bedroom, sitting room, and bathroom on the second floor.
* The kitchen features vintage appliances and furniture, including a Chambers range, porcelain farm sink with integrated drainboard, farm table and chairs and GE refrigerator with icebox.
* The cozy living room has a Jotul wood stove, an exposed stone wall and original wood beams.
* The upstairs bedroom has a comfortable queen bed set against an exposed stone wall.
* The bathroom is completely new, with radiant floor heat, a large shower with glass door and vintage pedestal sink.
* The sitting room offers an additional twin bed and desk.
*There is a wonderful covered porch across the front of the house with a deep porch swing with mattress, rocking chair and an outdoor dining table and chairs.
There are miles of riding, hiking and biking trails out the front door. The cottage is set near the horse barns, where horseback riding is available for a separate fee. You can also bring your rod and fish in one of two ponds for blue gill or the occasional bass.
You can also explore the nearby towns of The Plains, Upperville and Middleburg. There are fantastic antique stores, restaurants and shops. Be sure to try some of the homemade cookies and baked goods at the Upper Crust in Middleburg. There are many special events in the area too, such as steeplechase races, polo, the famous Middleburg Christmas parade, a film festival and lots more. Its the perfect place to come to relax and get away from the stress of the city.