|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Enjoy fantastic Gulf, beach and sunset views from your large,private balcony...sunny SW exposure! recently remodeled, stainless appliances in kitchen, large walk-in shower in master bath,upscale furnishings. Sleeps 5- king bed in master, 2 twins in guest bdrm and pull out full sleeper sofa in living room, additional day room for added space.3 flat screen Tv;s Internet wifi in unit. Washer/ Dryer in unit. Full amenity gated beachfront complex, 2 pools, tennis, underground parking, bike storage, lobby.Beach chairs , umbrellas and pool toys provided, onsite BBQ area. Owner lives locally and will assist with keys.
Resident of Marco Island, 10 minutes away from Somerset Complex. Contact owner directly for availability.
Fran purchased this condo in 2012
Excellent beachfront location , upscale rental property. Spacious 2 bdrm 2 bath condo. Extended 8th floor lanai!
Extended balcony, king bed in master, walk-in shower in master bath, new stainless applicances, 2 flat screen tv's,washer and dryer in unit,additional day room, extended balcony with SW exposure, Great view of entire beach!
Great Great Great Island!!! Location of condo was perfect for everything. Took taxi from RSW airport, and never needed car on island. All mostly walking distance, and taxis are very reasonable. Great unit, and really nice owners.
the condo was beautiful, very well maintained and had everything we could need for our 2 week stay. The owners were very gracious and met us personally to deliver the keys. we've stayed on marco island many times, but now won't stay anywhere else! The owners , with all their personal touches, made our vacation that much better!!
- Owners were great to work with and very, very pleasant!
- Kitchen very well stocked-toaster, coffee maker, microwave, stove, oven, plates, cups, pans, pots, utensils & many other misc items
- Washer/Dryer like new
- Bedrooms are great, beds are very comfortable
- Master bedroom has a glass sliding door onto the balcony with a great Ocean front view
- Master bath is gorgeous and roomy but not very user friendly. Shower is full glass with a large entrance but no door, shower controls are not user friendly. Toilet/sinks/closet/makeup are roomy but the area can only be used if the person showering doesn’t mind being naked in front of friends/family
- Stocked with shower towels
- TV’s and cable were great. WiFi worked great
- Balcony was huge and furniture very comfortable
- Pools are plain but comfortable and refreshing
- Unit came with a personal parking space, under a roof to keep car cool during the day
- Place is very secure, has a car entry security guard full time, plus multiple keys and remotes for entry/exit entries on property to/from beach
***If you have more than 2 people over the age of approx. 13 years old, please do yourself a favor and ask for a 3rd gate key. We never thought to ask until the last day and it got really annoying having to shuffle the keys around. Some of us wanted beach, others pool, others the room and you are literally stuck like a prisoner if you don’t have a key! Their security is tighter than Guantanamo! (Gate for car to get in complex, gate from complex to pool area, gate from pool area to beach)
- Make sure you see a few sunsets from the balcony as they are beyond gorgeous
- Walk the beach at night. It’s very safe and the stars are amazing
- There is a section of sharp, crushed shells before you enter the ocean (grin and bear it or wear water shoes)
- Master bath shower faucet needs some fine tuning. We needed to run the water for 5 minutes in order to get it to a good temp
- Sliding glass doors from living room to balcony almost dislocated my husband’s shoulder as you need to push your entire body against it to open it
- Some of the items in the storage/beach locker in lobby need to be replaced as they are rusty, moldy and some are non-working
- Gate/lock between the beach and the pool area is very hard to open and we needed to stick our hand
We chose the Somerset after staying in Marco several times in different condos. On past trips, we noticed an area of the beach that seemed to be less crowded. We walked up the beach to discover the area was right in front of the Somerset. The complex is perfectly spaced just far enough between the public beach access and a large resort to keep the crowds down.
I have rated this unit 5 stars for the location, price, and appearance of the condo itself. It is a comfortable and clean condo. At the time of this review, the owners have recently updated some features of the unit. The beds and other furnishings are comfortable. The appliances are all new, and there is nice tile throughout the living areas. The TVs are new and appropriately sized for every room, with nice large sets in the living room and master bedroom. There are ceiling fans in every room. There are minor blemishes that you can find in any high-traffic condo, but nothing that impacted the enjoyment of our stay.
The complex itself has two pools, two boardwalks to the beach with rinse / shower areas, and lockers for beach gear. The owners have a good supply of chairs, pool noodles, umbrellas, and other beach toys stored in the locker. The complex has underground parking, which is also a plus. The complex is gated from the street and the beach to ensure only the residents and guests have access to the amenities.
The owners were pleasant to deal with. They communicated promptly and addressed any/all questions we had. They were traveling the week we arrived, so they arranged to have another person meet us and make sure everything was OK when we checked in.
The ocean view was beautiful as others have stated! As a frequent traveller, here are the practical things that were important to me. This condo was very clean and had a homey feel to it even though it was a good size. All the beds were very comfortable! (didn't try the sofa). The shower in the master bath was great as well. The kitchen was well stocked with everything you would need to cook quite elaborate meals. Loved the way the dishes matched the dining room decor! There were even spices there left behind by others. I was very happy with the number of tea/dish towels available also. Washer and dryer worked well, although there was a knocking sound during one of the cycles with the washer. (just a heads up to the owner). It was nice to have the beach equipment available as well.
The owner was absolutely wonderful to deal with! I can't say enough! Wonderful communication before we even arrived! We had a bit of difficulty getting wi-fi working and immediately someone was there to help us out. It worked well during our stay there after that. I would not hesitate to return to this building and this condo in particular!
Oceanfront condo (more like a home) on the 8th floor: huge patio with chairs and lounges. Immaculate condition. Two bedrooms: king bed very comfortable and has a great walk in closet, balcony and huge bathroom. Nice living room area and balcony. Wifi available. Second bedroom has two twin beds and the sofa also pulls out for a bed. Full kitchen with alot of extras: coffee/tea/creamer. Washer and dryer off the kitchen with eat in breakfast area. Everything you need is supplied. Wonderful place to stay. Gated community: direct beach front, two outdoor pools, a grill and place to wash your car. Plenty of parking. Beach supplies available from owner. Thanks Fran: had a wonderful stay in your wonderful condo.
We stayed over Christmas. This was a clean, well-maintained condo. It was beautifully furnished and comfortable.
Fran, her husband, and son bent over backwards to acquaint us with the condo and complex and ensure we had what we needed upon arrival. The well-equipped kitchen was clean and more than adequate for preparing full meals.
The view - as others have noted - is spectacular. The white sand beach was ideal for daily strolls...we spotted pelicans daily and the occasional dolphin!
Our stay at this condo and at the Somerset in general was a lovely experience...we would not hesitate to stay in another of Fran's and Ted's properties and would be delighted to return to this one.
condo is directly on the beach close to shops , movie theatre and restraurants...easy walk to HIlton and Marriott resorts
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 May 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
rates may vary for holiday periods and special events.deposit needed to book