Enjoy the best of traditional Yucatecan living with a cool twist— clean, modern lines and industrial finishes next to local must-haves like high ceilings, tropical plantings, and a plunge pool. The perfect base for up to 6 guests to have an authentic experience living in Merida and exploring nearby ruins, cenotes, and wildlife parks.
This calming modern escape filled with cheery yellow sunlight is the perfect landing pad after a day exploring the Yucatan’s capital city.
The whole gang can share their stories in the home’s remarkable communal space, where a sleek modern kitchen, granite-topped breakfast bar, dining area, and comfortable and arty lounge all flow together. Slide open the doors to the courtyard and let the fragrant scents of garden greenery float in on gentle breezes.
After a cooling dip in the courtyard’s plunge pool, it’s time to turn fresh produce and just-caught seafood from nearby markets into a memorable meal. As the stars come out, retire to the terrace for cocktails and drink a toast to lovely Amarilla. The home’s two bedrooms boast hotel-quality mattresses and linens for a serene night’s sleep.
L.Barragan, a Mexican architect, in his 1980 acceptance speech of the Pritzker Award spoke of pyramids and his wish to convey “serenity and joy.” The use of stairs in many of Barragan’s homes which he called “retreats” is a tribute to his work in the yellow house on Calle 53, Dowtown Merida. The designer of the yellow house is a visual artist who first paid tribute to the master in a 2005 painting exhibit called “Barragan’s Windows” that depicted what the architect saw thru the windows of his México City study. The Pritzker -Yellow-House is a retreat we hope guests and Barragan will remember with joy.
WHY STAY WITH REMIXTO?
Your stay is professionally managed by Remixto. As our guest, you’re in great hands and will receive our Remixto star treatment, including:
- a friendly in-person welcome to get you settled in
- dedicated hotel-like concierge services at your fingertips, including airport pickups, in-house chefs services, private driving tours, and more.
- a treasure trove of recommendations for places to eat, sights to see and local characters to meet. We don’t recommend it unless we go there ourselves!
- hotel-quality soaps and shampoos because everyone deserves to feel special
We are Remixto, Merida’s premiere vacation home specialist. Our storied homes are thoughtfully well-appointed and hand-selected for their unique character and comforts.
1. The home is available for check in after 3pm. Check out is before 11am. Depending on availability of the home, we are happy to accommodate an early check-in.
2.- Reservations may be booked up until 11:00am local time on the day of check in. Reservations received after 11:00am local time may be subject to cancellation if they cannot be accommodated. The house will be ready up to six hours after a reservation confirmation has been received.
3. At check in, you will be required to provide a valid photo ID and sign our renters agreement outlining our terms and conditions. A copy of this will be forwarded to you upon request.
4. Guests are responsible for the electricity they consume. Electricity is metered per kWh and the meter will be read at check-in and check-out to determine usage. The cost per kWh is based on the rate assessed on the prior bill and is subject to change. For current rate info, please ask. For tenancies longer than 3 months, gas usage will also be payable by guest.
5. A credit card authorization using a valid Visa or MasterCard is required at check in. Charges will be made to the credit card unless payment is processed through another form.
6. For stays longer than one month, additional security deposit will be required. For stays longer than three months, the last month of rent will also be due at check in.
7. Complimentary maid service is included for reservations over 7 nights (1 maid service per week). Additional services are available upon request.
8. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the home.
9. An additional refundable pet deposit of $300 USD will be collected at the time of booking.