ASK ABOUT OUR STAY LONGER, PLAY LONGER DISCOUNT!
Stay for a week and your 7th night is free!
Between hanging out and exploring our 900 acres full of trails, ravines, rest areas, breathtaking vistas and resting areas, and all that Glen Rose has to offer, you will have plenty to do all summer! We are happy to recommend suggested itineraries and even have DIY Nature Camp activities for you!
Have you wished for the kind of day where your biggest decision is, 'Do I sit on the porch and read, watch the birds and see what else wanders by, or go for a walk instead?' That is what our holistically managed ranch, and the Habari guest house is all about. Slow down! Enjoy! Relax, unwind, soak in nature's gifts!
Habari is the original and largest of our ranch’s three guest houses. Habari has had a rich history, starting out as the ranch manager’s quarters, then as overflow rental for Fossil Rim (your host owned and grew Fossil Rim for some 20 years!) and our ranch staff.
Visiting High Hope Ranch has always been a treat, so when we decided to open up for retreats, workshops, and respite for friends, we turned the duplex into an artfully furnished spacious home with bedrooms in three areas. You can fill up the bedrooms with 10 people, with futons and couches for a total of 18-20!
Three living areas flow together so groups can gather in one area, or small groups can spread out. A covered porch runs the entire length of Habari, making it another gathering spot, whether to eat and meet together, or just enjoy the majestic live oaks, pastures, country breezes, birds, deer and surroundings.
Habari is close enough to the county road for quick trips to Fossil Rim’s Overlook and into Glen Rose, but far enough off the road for quiet and solitude.
Habari is a great starting point to explore our ranch's trails and ravines. Habari (“Hello! How are you? You are Welcome Here!” in Swahili) is a “cozy but elegant” (as one guest said!) ranch style house with:
• 26 miles of fossil-laden trails to explore on our organically and sustainably managed Ranch and Sanctuary.
• 2 spacious living rooms separated by a smaller living area with a total of 5 futons
• A fireplace featuring local petrified wood
• Well-equipped, nicely stocked kitchen (you don't have to pack dish soap, salt and pepper or those kinds of basics)
• Covered porch in front and patio in back, a grill and stunning views
• Free wi-fi
• No TV's to distract from the relaxing atmosphere of the ranch.
• Two other smaller guest houses on the ranch (with beds for 5 and 8).
• We welcome well behaved dogs but they must be on a leash at all times, and we have a small pet fee to cover the extra cleaning. Crated dogs get a 50% discount.
But wait, there’s more!
• Central heat/air
• Dishes for 12, gas stove and oven, microwave, Vitamix, (no dishwasher!)
• An outdoor gas grill, propane included
• Fire pit (fire ban permitting)
• Indoor (1) and porch/deck tables (2, one in front, one in back, both patios covered) seat 4-8 people each
• A short walk to see our goats and their guard donkey
• Ranch and nature adventures, tours and experiences are available by pre-arrangement
• Our smaller guest house, Mata’zamo has a 3 stall horse barn, 2 pens and a pasture right out the door, along with miles of trails, but it’s bring your own horse, there is a barn and pastures close to Habari, too!
• Habari’s library reflects our interest in sanctuary, nature and a healthy life and landscape, our CD collection from your Grandma or Great-grandma, board games for family time
• Our ranch has been managed organically for over twenty years, we keep our houses as non-toxic as possible, too.
• We have local naturalists that can help you plan your days, or can even be hired for your own private nature camp experience!
It is easy to get lost at Habari, lost in thought, lost in time, lost from stress and the city life! All of this in our little slice of the Hill Country, just 90 minutes south of the Dallas-Ft Worth area! We invite you to stay at Habari or any of our three guest houses, it’s the best cure we know for nature deficit disorder!!!
Each house is unique enough to provide a very different experience. Habari is great for larger groups, Mata’zamo is our most remote house, our “Bed and Barn”, great for singles, couples or a family, and Casa Kasa is our 2.5-story spa house with an indoor, built in hot tub and infrared sauna.
We welcome you in a way that feels like home away from home, you'll find familiar touches from your own kitchen, including tea, coffee, spices, paper towers, plastic bags - the basics, and maybe new things to try, organic food, composting, recycling, repurposing, reusing and all the comforts of home!
One of our family/team members will meet you at Habari, and help you get oriented to the house and our facilities. If you are bringing your horses, we’ll also match your horses to our trails so you’ll be safe and happy!
We doubt you’ll want to leave, but if you do, we have a nice notebook with a detailed list of local restaurants, we can help you set up tours at Fossil Rim, and have information on other local attractions like Dinosaur Valley State Park, Glen Rose’s new Riverwalk and Big Rocks Park, shopping the Square’s antique stores, galleries, clothing stores, weekend farmer’s market and pie shop (plan ahead and order gluten free!!!).
We also have a caterer who will shop for you or cook for you! You will feel like you have the place to yourself, but we have someone on call and on property while you are here.
Send us an email, give us a call, give yourself something to look forward to, and later talk about, book your stay at Habari! If you are still reading, ask about our Reader's Discount!