Have the Vermont retreat of a lifetime with this historic 6-bedroom, 5-bath 'Craftsbury Farmhouse,' tucked away on seven peaceful acres in the Black River Valley. You'll absolutely adore the warmth and beauty of this old farmhouse, which boasts extensive renovations, modern amenities, and accommodations for 12. Attached to the farmhouse is the new Whetstone Wellness Center, which offers massage, reiki, facials, biofield tuning, yoga, and intuitive and clinical counseling.
Master Bedroom (Apple Blossom Room): Queen Bed | Bedroom 2 (Front Room): Queen Bed | Bedroom 3 (Antiquity Room): 2 Twin Beds | Bedroom 4 (Laura Ashley Room): Queen Bed | Bedroom 5 (Bramble Room): Queen Bed | Bedroom 6 (Maple Suite): Queen Bed
A New England Cape-style home built in 1826, The Craftsbury Farmhouse has been in the Wilson family for seven generations. Tucked away on 7 acres of tranquil perennial gardens, rolling pastures and mowed walking trails, this historic farmhouse offers privacy, peace, and relaxation to those who visit.
Inside, the home features over 3,300 square feet of extensively remodeled living space and welcoming country-inspired furnishings, making this the ideal lodging choice for multiple families or several couples traveling together. The spacious layout of the home and expansive property make it ideal for girl's getaways, bachelor and bachelorette parties, family reunions, birthdays, weddings, and more.
The fully-equipped kitchen is the perfect place to prepare tasty home cooked meals to enjoy with your loved ones in the spacious dining room.
All six bedrooms are lovingly decorated and offer incredible space and privacy for guests. You'll absolutely love the 1,000 square foot Maple Suite Annex on the second floor, which has a private en-suite bathroom, entertainment area, a gorgeous mural by Jessie Upson and beautifully detailed wood art by the famous Hugo Mesa.
After your meal, step outside the back door to relax in the stunning natural beauty of Vermont's fabled Northeast Kingdom, watching as the bluebirds, hummingbirds, and cardinals flit from tree to tree. Soak your cares away in the 4-person hot tub, or kick back with your travel companions in the 16x16 screened-in porch, which offers stunning vistas of the rolling fields, glorious sugar maples and 100-year-old pines towering above the gorgeous perennial gardens.
Fire up the gas grill to dine al fresco in this fully-furnished outdoor space, featuring a selection of patio furniture, couches, and benches. In your downtime, look forward to sipping a refreshing cold brew on the deck overlooking magical Whetstone Brook, soothing your sore muscles in the far-infrared sauna, or strolling along the grounds to catch a glimpse of the local wildlife known to frequent the area.
This property is also handicap accessible with front steps that are wide and deep enough for a walker, a downstairs bedroom with a handicap accessible tub, and two bedrooms and two bathrooms on the bottom floor.
Although the farmhouse offers everything necessary for the ultimate Northeastern escape, you won't want to miss out on exploring the fantastic attractions surrounding the property!
Attached to the farmhouse is Whetstone Wellness, where you can stroll just across the front lawn to access an impressive variety of self-care options. Pop into yoga to start your day, book an appointment after a long day on the mountain, or even create your very own retreat!
Just two minutes up the road you will find all the essentials stocked at The Craftsbury General Store and C Village Store as well as the popular Pete's Greens Organic Farm Stand, known for harvesting delicious organic vegetables and produce.
Be sure to check out the Olympic training facilities at The Craftsbury Outdoor Center, or spend the afternoon sampling tasty local microbrews and spirits at The Hill Farmstead Brewery and Caledonia Spirits.
Outdoor enthusiasts will also love the farmhouse's proximity to Stowe, Jay Peak, and Burke Mountain, which offer some of the best hiking, biking, and skiing in the entire state!
Additionally, you will find numerous pristine lakes located nearby with fantastic opportunities for swimming, kayaking, canoeing, and fishing.
Regardless of how you choose to spend your time in Vermont, the 'Craftsbury Farmhouse' will quickly become a place you wish to return to year after year.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, 7 acres of perennial gardens and mowed walking trails, 4-person hot tub, deck overlooking Whetstone Brook, 16x16 outdoor/screened-in dining room, large private yard, free WiFi, handicap accessible walk-in tub/shower, handicap accessibility, fire pit, gas grill, 2 flat-screen HD TVs, in-unit laundry machines and much more!
- Visit www.whetstonewellness.com to learn all about Whetstone Wellness!
- Beautiful, scenic Craftsbury location close to The Craftsbury Outdoor Center, Hill Farmstead Brewery, The Craftsbury General Store, Positive Pie Restaurant, The Scale House Restaurant, Pete's Greens Organic Farmstand, Caledonia Spirits, Stowe, Jay Peak, and Burke Mountain
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Burlington International Airport - 1200 Airport Dr, South Burlington, VT 05403, (~59 miles away)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed. If evidence of pets is found anywhere on the property, a post-stay fee will be charged. We appreciate your cooperation
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Events, parties and large gatherings allowed with an additional fee, pending homeowner approval. Please reach out to Evolve for further information
- Additional fees and taxes may apply