The Cabin on Crooked Creek is the most beautiful and serene location in the Fort Klamath Basin. Within close driving distance of Crater Lake National Park, The Cabin is the perfect country getaway. Kayaks and Canoes are also available upon request for use for no additional fee.
- Separate WCs0
- Minimum StayNone
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 3
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- 24 Jun 2018
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
The Cabin on Crooked Creek was just what we needed to get away, detach, and explore nature! Close to Crater lake! The cabin had everything we needed!
This place is amazing!
My wife and I showed up early and were greeted by the owners with amazing hospitality! The pictures online do not do this place justice. It is situated with a serene view and a peaceful creek. We had front row seats to one of the most amazing sunsets over the mountains. This was an amazing getaway and are truly grateful to the owners! Thank you so much and we will definitely be returning in the future!
Clean and quiet
Clean and cozy cabin with everything you need! There is no wifi and reception is spotty at best - but it forced us to peel ourselves away from our phones and reconnect with a lengthy game of trivial pursuit. Lots of VHS and DVDs available also. ~30-40 minutes from Crater Lake visitor center. I think we'll need to come back during the summer time to take advantage of the lake in the backyard.
Wonderful get away cabin
We enjoyed the cozy little cabin, perfect for two or three people. There was everything we could need stocked in the kitchen. Everything was clean and comfortable. We had a lovely view of the mountains (albeit a bit smoky with the wildfires) and they had plenty of space to sit outside and enjoy the creek and the sunset. A good sized yard for our pup to enjoy. Close to Crater lake and plenty of other outdoor activities. Wonderful.
Quiet and nice
Convenient to Crater Lake
Fantastic cabin experience just south of Crater Lake!
The Cabin on Crooked Creek was just wonderful, we had a great three nights there. The back yard, view over the creek and the surrounding mountains, all perfect. The cabin is really cute and, for two people, really spacious. A couple of notes for prospective renters:
* It is in a rural area with no really shopping to speak of anywhere nearby, and not much in the way of restaurants (although the local Mexican restaurant is rumored to be quite good.) So stock up on food and drink and cook at the Cabin - the kitchen is very well stocked in terms of kitchen-ware, basic spices, etc. And there is a great dining table outside in the back yard. If you are coming through Bend, as we did, there are lots of great food and wine stores to stock up at. Klamath Falls likely has them as well.
* While there is theoretically a gas grill for outdoor grilling, double check on whether it will be available during fire season - when we were there, the high-risk fires situation meant no grilling was allowed (a wise decision).
* The cabin is on one of the roads that accesses Crater Lake National Park, so there is a bit of traffic noise at "rush hour" towards sunset - nothing terrible, though, and it dies down to almost nothing by dark.
* It is really fun to canoe on crooked creek and they have canoes there. We recommend going upstream rather than downstream. Not too far away, across the valley to the west, there is also great canoing to be done at Rocky Point resort, 9.5 mile canoe trail. Kayaks too.
We could not make the satellite TV work, but never mind, pretty cool collection of retro DVDs and VHS cassette movies, especially if you like thrillers from the 1980s and 1990s.
* There is no AT&T reception at all, and Verizon was really spotty. Also no wifi there. So, unplug for a few days! You can get online up at the park.
*The Park is a beautiful 30 minute drive, plenty close. Make sure to stop and check out the view of The Pinnacles on the way up (and hike the Pinnacles trail in the Park, an easy saunter).
* More energetic people will want to hike down to the lake itself (Cleetwood trail - you can swim at the bottom!) and climb Mt. Scott, the highest point in the Park (great climb, and easy, altitude apart.)
* If you have any aspiration to do the boat trip from the bottom of the Cleetwood trail, book MONTHS in advance. As of mid-August 2017, one of the boats was out of service and they were totally sold out, not taking the usual 24-hours before walk-i
Additional pricing information
The Cabin is only for parties of two or less. In special cases we will allow parties of three but this must be approved .by us. For nights on summer weekends a two night minimum stay is required