Waterfront home on Lake Ontario, Upstate New York, Town of Carlton/Kent, Point Breeze, Oak Orchard River area, Kendall schools. Year-round ranch. Newly rebuilt home in 2016! Brand-new breakwall renovations and 'stepping' boulders down to lake! Conveniently at the NYS Lake Ontario Parkway Lakeshore Road exit. Approximately 30 mins to Greece/Rochester I-390. 60 mins to Buffalo/Niagara Falls US viewing area (passport needed to enter Canada). Quiet family neighborhood on 80 feet of lakefront to north (overlooks our empty, wooded lot across street to south). 2 bedrooms (master with queen bed overlooking lake, twin beds in second bedroom), extra fold-out full-size mattress in closet. Bath with large walk-in shower and 2 vanities. Custom kitchen, full appliances, dishwasher, microwave, ceramic stovetop/oven, full fridge/freezer. Bamboo breakfast bar under sunny skylight with 4 stools overlooks living room, dining area, and lake! The dining table has additional seating for 6. Stacked washer/dryer. Through-wall air conditioner/AC unit for summer comfort. Ceiling fans in living room and each bedroom. State-of-the-art zoned electric baseboard heat in each room. FREE internet and Wi-Fi. Flat-screen Smart Roku TV in living room. Outside, enjoy the fire pit ring. Sit back and watch the boats and wildlife, sunsets and stars. At our lakefront there is a newly renovated concrete breakwall with boulder 'steps' leading down to water for lake access/swimming, kayak launch. Bring your bicycles (or borrow ours) and enjoy riding along the scenic Lake Ontario State Parkway. 1 mile west to Point Breeze and Oak Orchard River mouth at Lake Ontario (voted 2013 World Fishing Network Ultimate Fishing Town), fishing pier, lighthouse, waterfront restaurant/bar, 2 diners (one diner is right on the river), marine park with shelters, playground, 6 Tuesday night outdoor concerts in summer, fishing charter rentals, pontoon and kayak rental, etc. Fly fishing on the banks of Oak Orchard River during salmon season! Free boat launch for your boat in Point Breeze next to Black North Inn. Many wineries in area. Antiquing on route 104/Ridge Road.
RATES: $130/night Mon through Thu, $140/night Fri through Sun, 3-night minimum stay, $850/full week, $3,000/full month, plus 4% Orleans County bed tax if LESS than 1-month stay. LOWER WINTER RATES AND LONG-TERM RATES available; contact us for details. A $150 damage/property security/excess cleaning fee is held/returned by Homeaway within 7 days if house has no damages and is left clean. $60 cleaning fee is charged. Renter and guests agree that they read the rules/no liability document below and will fill it out ahead of time as stated, print out/photograph and email or text return of same. Minimum age 21 to rent unless accompanied by parent. Home is also for sale $162,900 in the coveted KENDALL school district (all existing rental requests must be respected). Try it before you buy it! Come and enjoy all that Orleans County has to offer! We live year-round nearby so are available for questions, information, help during your stay.
INCLUDED: A few of the amenities include: Bed linens/pillow and bath towel/washcloth per person (bring your own outside towels please), gel foam memory bed topper on queen and twin beds, full flip-out extra mattress, all cookware, furnishings including comfy 62" couch, writing desk with padded chair, free Spectrum free internet WIFI and an ethernet plug, Lazyboy leather recliner, swivel chair, padded rocking chair, dining table with 6 chairs, breakfast bar with 4 stools, 10-cup drip coffee pot, 1-cup Keurig coffee pod maker, toaster, sandwich maker. Washer/dryer in laundry room. Flat screen Roku smart TV in living room. Wall air conditioning unit in living area keeps entire house cool, along with ceiling fans in each room. Full-size ceramic cooktop stove, microwave, full fridge/freezer, campfire ring, new breakwall boulders, outdoor chairs and picnic table, 1 gas propane grill, 1 small charcoal grill (bring your own charcoal/fluid), books/games/magazines and more! This is a beautiful, newly renovated, year-round, open, clean and bright ranch home (not a rustic cabin). The entire family will love staying here. Owner's 2 adult-size kayaks, 1 smaller child kayak, paddles, and life vests can be used when lake is calm. Thank you for looking!
BRING: "Water shoes" to wear in water as it is a rock base in the lake and can be slippery (for safety always wear footwear in the yard). Bring extra towels to be used in the yard/swimming as we have limited guest bath towels. Bring charcoal/fluid/lighter if using charcoal grill or fire pit ring. We usually have wood left at the property for campfires, or you can scavenge wood across street in our wooded lot.
NOTE that this property abuts a concrete breakwall and boulders, not a level sand beach. Might NOT be appropriate for small children. Renovations to breakwall just finished!
Please, no vacationing pets or visiting pets. No hosted parties. We can find a local venue for your party.
AGREEMENT TO BE SIGNED:
JONES BEACH RENTAL HOUSE AGREEMENT (Please print out, fill in, and return as soon as possible. Once booked, you will see our home address, text/phone number and email listed to mail it back ahead of time.) Thank you.
WE WANT YOU TO HAVE A FUN AND SAFE STAY ON LAKE ONTARIO
*Booking guest name:
*Address/phone number/alternate phone number to be reached during rental:
*Guest names: (including all who will be visiting property)
*Driver's license # and State issued:
*Date of arrival: Date of departure:
* Additional mandatory 4% bed tax fee for Orleans County added if less than 1-month stay. (We rebate this tax back to you via check if you book for a month or longer as Homeaway site does not rebate automatically and will collect tax for all bookings.)
*Nonrefundable house cleaning fee of $60 for each total stay is added through Homeaway site and is NOT taxed.
*Security deposit (will be refunded automatically to your credit card by Homeaway within 7 days if unit found to be undamaged, no items missing, no excessive cleaning needed): $150.00
ALL guests/visitors must read, understand and agree to all of the following:
Homeaway collects all deposits/makes cancellation refund/automatically refunds damage/security deposit 7 days after stay if owner does not report damages or excess cleaning needed.
1. Please do not clean caught fish on property. There is no garbage disposal. On the river at marina and in the park next door to marina are places to clean fish. During salmon season, there is a place on the river to professionally clean and pack your catch for you should you wish.
2. Owner of accommodation rented shall not be liable for damage or injury to guests or other person or to any property on the premises or any part thereof including but not limited to any Lake Ontario injuries. Guest agrees to hold owner harmless for any claims for property damage or personal injury/death no matter how caused. Owner not responsible for theft, vandalism or other damage to guests' personal property. Because property is located on a very active lake with a breakwall drop and boulders down to water, children must be watched at ALL times by an adult. Property might NOT be suitable for young children. Renting and visiting pets are NOT allowed.
3. Departure: Guest to empty all trash/recycling in outside bins provided. Wash dishes or load and start dishwasher. Lock all windows and doors. Leave home in good condition. (Leave keys inside on breakfast bar and lock front door with bottom lock from inside.)
4. Check-in time begins: 3:00 pm EST (later check-in is OK). Home will be ready and unlocked for you. We can TRY for earlier check-in time if requested if available. Check-out time is: 10:30 am EST.
5. Guests must be minimum age 21 to make a reservation or be accompanied by parent.
6. Guests must be respectful of neighbors at all times. "Quiet" time after 9 p.m., please.
7. Rental can be terminated by owner if guest(s) do not abide by all rules.
8. Trash/recycling bins provided under sink and larger cans outside. Town pickup is Monday morning early. Please have outside bins out to the roadside after dark on Sunday night.
9. Waste water is on septic field (incoming water is drinkable town public water supply). PLEASE use provided wastebasket to dispose of all non-toilet paper items. "Wipes," Kleenex, used hygiene products themselves/wrappers, diapers, larger amounts of toilet paper, etc. must go in wastebasket provided and CANNOT be flushed into the septic.
10. Owner has right to mow lawn, upkeep outside, water gardens, etc. at a reasonable time when weather permits to keep area to code. Owner has right to enter/inspect/repair premises any time in case of emergency. Owner may show to prospective buyers/renters with 24 hours advance notice to renter.
11. No smoking inside unit. Please use provided metal container outside lake door for butts.
12. Undersigned renter and guests have read/understand/agree and has a copy of this agreement. (A copy of this is available on premises in the rental information binder.)
By booking this home, ALL guests/visitors of guests certify they CAREFULLY READ ENTIRE agreement and agree to abide by all rules, regulations, and the owner held harmless clause. Renting guest is responsible to make sure ALL renters and visitors are aware of this agreement and will abide by it.
HAVE FUN, ENJOY THE BEAUTY, CALL US FOR ANY QUESTIONS/INFO