Talcomb is an ideal base for couples or families wishing to explore the Lake District. The cottage has 2 bedrooms and sleeps 4. Talcomb is a cosy cottage in a peaceful location with a lovely babbling beck running close by.Keswick, Cockermouth and Carlisle are all within 20 minutes drive of Seldom Seen. Keswick is a bustling market town laying host to many visitor attractions including the Theatre by the Lake, the Pencil Museum, parks, galleries and museums. It is the ideal place for summer picnics on the banks of Derwentwater or to take in the spectacular views from the top of Skiddaw, Latrigg and Helvellyn. Cockermouth is a quaint town famous for its connection with the poet William Wordsworth and the brewing of Jennings Real Ale. The capital of Cumbria, Carlisle is well worth a visit, centrally located bordering Scotland and Northumbria, it provides numerous attractions from the hustle and bustle of shopping and city life, to its historic Castle and Carlisle Cathedral.
Talcomb is one of six cottages converted from a water driven saw mill built circa 1740. It is situated at the foot of Seldom Seen Ravine in the quiet and aptly named hamlet of Seldom Seen, on the outskirts of Thornthwaite Village. Talcomb nestles beside the beck overlooking a sparkling waterfall with views out towards Coomb Beck and Winlatter Forest. Braithwaite village is only one mile away where you can visit one of the country pubs or dine in one of the hotels or bars. Keswick is only three miles away and provides numerous shops, pubs and restaurants.
This cottage has economy 7 heating and comprises:
* Lounge/diner with freeview TV, DVD player, CD player and open fire.
* Kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge and washer/dryer.
* Bathroom with shower, hand basin and WC.
* First floor: Double bedroom. ( Please note this bedroom is small)
* Twin bedroom with views over the woods.
* All electric and bed linen included.
* Private parking for one car and
* Space outside the cottage for patio furniture which is provided.
* Cot and highchair available