|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
This chalet of 400 Sqm (4,300 Sq ft) is located on the alpine hills of Evian, in a quiet and safe area surrounded by a +5,000 Sqm (+50,000 Sq ft) garden, and with exceptional views on the Lake Geneva and the Alps. The villa has 8 spacious bedrooms, 5 bathrooms (inc. 5 WCs) and showcases a modern architecture labeled “20th Century Heritage” and world-famous designer furniture. The villa itself is surrounded by a large balcony, has two large living-rooms facing the lake and has a beautiful patio. The garden also includes a completely renovated traditional alpine chalet.
* 400 m: 3 luxury hotels, Evian Horse-Riding Center, Evian Tennis Club
* 800 m: Lake Geneva, Golf, Thermal Baths, Buddha Bar Spa, Casino, Olympic pool
* SKI: Bernex & Thollon (110 km of ski-runs), 'Portes du Soleil' (Avoriaz)
* Around the Lake: Lausanne, Geneva, Montreux, Yvoire, Chablais wineries, or Verbier
SKI – Multiple resorts. The villa is near two traditional family Alpine ski resorts - Bernex and Thollon Les Memises - on the Dent D'Oche, a mountain of 2222 m elevation which you see from the villa’s kitchen. The resorts are located 15 minutes by car from the villa. Those are traditional alpine villages with views of Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc. When aggregated, the two resorts have 110 km of ski-runs (36 runs). Expert skiers have also enjoyed Morzine-Avoriaz in Les Portes du Soleil, with 650 km of ski-runs.
SPA - Thermal Centers: (1) State-of-the-art “Espace Thermal” devoted to thermal care and health (2) 'Institut de Mieux Vivre' (in Royal Hotel) was elected #1 Spa in Europe by the European Spa Exhibition in Monaco. (3) Eastern-themed 'Buddha-bar Spa' feating pools, saunas, exercise studios, scrubbing rooms and a hammam overlooking Lake of Geneva.
EVENTS – Avoriaz “Rock The Pistes” music festival (March), Evian “Escales Musicales” (May), Lausanne “Festival de la Cité” (Jul), world-class Montreux Jazz Festival (Jul), Verbier Classical Musical Festival (Jul), Geneva “Fetes” (Aug), The Evian Golf Major (Sep), “Cirque du Soleil” in Geneva (December), Gianadda Foundation, etc.
"A Pelo Ben" is a family house, owned by several members who live in France and English-speaking countries (bilingual). The family roots are in Evian and the house was the original project of a family member interested in modern architecture. We rent the place only to maintain the house - as per the original idea. We love to come back to the Lake Geneva area. In the winter, we enjoy skiing in the alpine resorts nearby (Thollon, Bernex, Avoriaz). In the spring, we practice tennis, golf, swimming and horse riding. Summer is active with a long list of music festivals and celebrations. Fall offers scenic foliage in the Alps and a great time to warm up these cheese fondues.
It was a very much a privilege to stay in “A Pelo Ben”. Everyone was hugely impressed by the design of the house, space and general ambiance. It worked very well for us as an "off-site" location. We had a software "hackathon" on the upper floor, whilst the lower floor was where we discussed strategy and worked on some customer specific projects. Everyone had a lot of space, and I think really appreciated the large living areas and the number of bedrooms which meant that everyone was well accommodated.
We hired the Chef for a brunch on Sunday (for employees and their families), and also for a 3-course dinner on Sunday evening. The Chef let us know the pricing beforehand by email and everything was as expected. This worked well, as the portions were so large it kept us going until Tuesday and the cost was also fine, especially given the quantity and quality of food.
All in all it went very well, and was certainly very much liked by my colleagues - although our next off site will probably be in San Francisco, we will probably be back for a repeat booking towards the end of next year, and I will also be pleased to post a recommendation on the web forum of EPFL (Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne) Innovation Park, where we are based. I'm sure you could get quite a lot of interest from companies on this side of the Lake – it’s a hugely convenient and impressive location.
Your home worked out really well for us, we enjoyed Evian very much and the local information you had sent to me was very helpful to us and other friends who were staying at The Hilton Hotel in town. Also the 2 meals that the chef prepared for us were great, he is a very nice man and it was good to have him to help. It has been good dealing with you, if we are back in the area and need a home again, we will be in contact.
It is not easy to find a place like this is Evian! The house was spectacular despite the fact that we had record heat! We have small children and they absolutely loved the playhouse, not to mention playing on the lawn. As for the adults, we basked in the exquisite view and enjoyed ourselves immensely. The owner was wonderful, very receptive in getting our needs met and very helpful giving us all the information we asked for with some great recommendations. Thanks for giving our family such a heavenly vacation! We hope to be back soon!
We had a very nice time in your lovely villa; we will be back with an offer you can’t refuse!
Your agent is a very nice "long arm" from you. She answered on emails and calls all at once.
We like the house very much. Best regards from Stockholm.
We enjoyed the house very much: it is a great design and on an excellent "pitch" as we say in England! The views of the Lake of Geneva are great.
We had small children with us, so we particularly enjoyed the swimming pool in Evian and the alpine lake of “La Beunaz” up in the mountains. The funicular near the Royal Hotel was an unexpected bonus. The art exhibition on in Evian at present at the “Palais Lumiere” (Prince of Lichtenstein's collection) is really wonderful, if you haven't seen it. We used the tennis club near the villa for tennis
Thank you so much for this lovely stay. The villa, garden, rooms, equipment, etc, everything was very good. Also, the garden of the villa and the location were very good for us.
During our stay, we performed the following cycling tours:
Sunday: Evian-Monthey-Bex-Villars-The Ollon-Vouvry-Evian
Wednesday: rest day
Thursday: Evian-Bellevaux-Samoens (Col de Joux Plane)-Morzine-Evian
Friday: Evian-Monthey-Martigny-Chamonix-Cluses-Les Gets-Morzine-Evian
I will recommend the villa to my friends; I like it. We all loved the stay.
This villa is located 300 yards from the Evian Royal Resort (former location of G8 summit), and where the cable car stop leads you to the shore. The Evian Tennis Club, Evian Horse Riding Center, luxury Ermitage and Verniaz hotels are also in the vicinity.
Evian rises in terraces from the Lake of Geneva, at the foot of the Alps. Due to the slope, the villa has a tremendous view on the Geneva Lake.
Evian offers an extensive list of activities:
* LAKE: long promenade, ex gold medalist in the European Floral City contest, Belle Epoque architecture, sailing center, water sports
* SPA: famous for its water, Evian offers high-quality thermal and fitness cures
* SKI: Near two traditional family Alpine ski resorts - Bernex and Thollon Les Memises - on the Dent D'Oche, a mountain of 2222 m elevation which you see from the villa’s kitchen. Expert skiers have also enjoyed Morzine-Avoriaz (more below).
* GOLF: exceptional Evian Masters (fifth Major on the LPGA Tour) and its training Center (more below)
* ALPS (summer): trekking, biking, rafting, paragliding
* ENTERTAINMENTS & ARTS: large Casino, movie theater, museum, musical festivals (see list below)
Other Activities: medieval villages; wineries
*SKI: Close to several ski resorts at less than 15 minutes:
1) Bernex is a traditional and charming family alpine village with 15 lifts, 22 ski-runs that offers skiers 1000 meters of vertical descent, and 20 km (12 miles) of cross country trails.
2) Thollon les Mémises is a pretty village in the most traditional Alpine style, and with stunning views overlooking the beautiful Lake Geneva. The views from Thollon-les-Mémises are so glorious that they are actually mentioned in the Michelin Guide. 50 kilometres of runs served by lifts as well as 6 km of cross country trails.
3) Avoriaz-Morzine for advanced skiers. Located in Les Portes du Soleil (650 km of ski-runs).
* GOLF: The Evian Golf Club is one of Europe's most beautiful courses. It offers exceptional views over Lake Geneva and of the nearest summits of the French Alps. The Evian Masters Golf Club is the venue where the world's best lady golfers meet up annually to compete in the Evian Championship, one of 5 majors on the LPGA Tour.
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Stay typically from Saturday to Sat. 4-night weekends possible during low season.
Location samedi au samedi. Long weekends (4 nuits) possibles en basse saison.
Rent includes Wifi, utilities, heating (standard) / Loyer inclut Wifi, chauffage (standard)
Exit cleaning / Nettoyage sortie: Eur 130
Dry-cleaner Towels & sheets / Serviettes & draps du Pressing: Eur 13 / pers
Deposit / Caution: Eur 1,300
Down-payment: 33% of rental price to secure booking