|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Your booking will be backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee when you complete your reservation online and finalise payment on HomeAway.Learn more
Historic home remodeled with modern upgrades. New locally sourced sustainably harvested wood floors. Feel right at home in a fully equipped kitchen. Claw foot soaking tub and shower in bath. 49 inch HDTV & Internet enabled blue ray player.
Four poster King sized memory foam bed, Full bed with pillow top mattress in additional bedroom. Study with full futon - sleeps six comfortably, 8 if you push it.
Carport and asphalt surfaced parking for 6 vehicles.
Naturally cool and cozy.
I moved to Kanab 20 years ago to escape the frenzy of Los Angeles and have never worked so hard in my life. I traded the not so stressful life of reading screenplays on the beach for the complexity of rural life. After successfully fending off the rapacious legal eagles representing the Mattel Corporation - - I took on the responsibility of running the Little Hollywood Land tourist business. We sell iconic images of the mythic American West. We'll sell you great jewelry or put you in a classic old time photo. Running a business is a lot of work but the beauty of the land keeps it all fun - living here is like looking at the world through an 81 A warming filter.
Tom Forsythe purchased this cottage in 2009
This charming historical home combines history with modern comfort. For the price of a decent hotel room you can enjoy an entire house.
In town location convenient to shops & restaurants and the Highway to all the great sights in Southern Utah.
This house has a modern kitchen with all amenities, a cool saltillo tile floor in kitchen & bath and sustainably harvested locally grown wood floors. It's a very nice with some real personality and room to make yourself at home.
After a long day enjoying the sites you can soak in the claw foot tub, surf the Wi fi or enjoy DVDs from the video library.
Of course there's a washer/dryer and quality linens. The living room has a romantic propane fireplace and comfortable seating. Out back there's a rock patio and outdoor fireplace.
Now that we have hypoallergenic wood floors we can't in good conscience allow pets in this home.
We were traveling to the area to visit friends and see the Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion. We found the house centrally located to all these. The house had all the conveniences we needed for a family of 5. It was great to have a fully stocked kitchen, dishwasher and washer and dryer. House has more of a cottage feel than modern but we found it perfect for the area. Great value for the price!
This was a really wonderful stay. The home was well maintained and lovely. The kitchen, grill, and laundry were all well appreciated by us! The proximity to Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks was great. I would not hesitate to recommend this place.
We spent 3 nights and wish we had been there longer. Great location for the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and surrounding area. The house is very comfortable and Tom pays attention to details. We stay in VRBO properties whenever we travel and generally find a lack of multiple reading lights but Tom has this covered. The kitchen is well equipped. The bed is comfortable with nice linens. The house is very quiet. The flagstone patio and fire pit would be nice on cooler nights than we experienced. Since we aren't big TV watchers we didn't miss cable and the wifi worked well. Tom was kind enough to come by the night we arrived and helped us stream the Presidential debate.
We look forward to returning to Kanab and will certainly stay here again.
We decided to travel to Southern Utah on short Notice during the Labor Day weekend. Since it was short notice, everything Around Kanab was booked with the exception of this house - maybe because of some reviews. But we decided to give it a try since the owner had stated he had addressed the issues (the pictures showed that he had) and the price was very reasonable .
Even though it was a two bedroom one bath room, we found it very spacious and clean . It was perfect for a family of Four. My wife loved the wood floors and counter tops. We encounter zero issues mentioned in previous reviews. This house became our base camp for day trips to Bryce Canyon National Park (1:30 minutes away) and Zion National Park (50 minutes away)
I'm thinking of exploring more of Southern Utah next summer and I would definitely stay here again.
We really enjoyed our stay in Kanab. The house was perfect and suited all of our needs. Location is great to take in Kanab or any of the surrounding National Parks. When we arrived we found the house to be very clean and use of the washer/dryer was a huge plus for us. If passing thru the area again, we would definitely stay here again!
I stayed at this property for a whole month, during the hottest days of summer. I would gladly stay there again. Here is a rundown of the pros and cons as I experienced them:
- the house has thick walls that help keep the temperature cool in summer. It is surrounded by mature trees which give shade and isolate from the street. Although the house sits on a street corner, it is quiet.
- the kitchen is well-appointed, with a full-size fridge, range/oven, dishwasher, and plenty of plates, cups etc.... The hall has a washer/dryer that work well. I hosted a party for 8 friends, and had enough space to do so comfortably.
- I liked the fact that the house was as close to Best Friends as you can get, since I volunteered there most days.
- the beds are comfortable. One room is large, the other two smaller.
- wifi is reliable and very fast.
- although some people will be disappointed that the house no longer accepts pets, that means you do not have to worry about allergies or pests animals could bring in. I once stayed at a property where I woke up covered in flea bites - not a fun experience.
- there is plenty of parking, and the carport is really nice to have - it keeps your car cooler and protects it from hail - yes, we had hail in the middle of summer.
- you are within walking distance of Sego, a fantastic (if pricey) restaurant, and a short drive away from other restaurants and shops.
- Tom Forsythe provides a list of things to do, as well as maps. I would recommend visiting the Kane County Visitors' Bureau in town anyway, as they can give you up-to-the-minute info.
- the yard could be spruced up and made more inviting.
- if you have AT&T, you will have very spotty reception, but that is the case in other places in the area, including Best Friends.
That's all I can think of. As I said, I would stay there again.
Good local grocery stores, restaurants and shopping. 5 miles to Best Friends, 30 miles to Zion, 78 to Bryce, 70 to Lake Powell, 74 to Grand Canyon. It's beautiful in every direction, the land that Hollywood filmed to create the world's image of the iconic American West.
Since I own Little Hollywood Land I highly recommend this free Movie Set Museum, Trading Post and Photo Studio. Seriously it's worth visiting and the staff will help you choose the best activities for your interest and budget. There's lots of free hiking, some of it even guided, and many outfitters willing to beat up their vehicles to get you deep into the back-country. There are guided ATV and horseback tours, scenic flights and zip lines.
We'll clue you in on the attractions beyond the big names, places like Coral Pink Sand Dunes, Peekaboo slot canyon, Bunting Trail or Hog Canyon. How about Cascade Falls - see Navajo Lake shoot out of a hole in the side of a mountain - the headwaters of the Virgin River that carved Zion Canyon. We think the parks are too crowded and I'll make sure you find the places that make Kanab worth visiting over and over again.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Check in at the Little Hollywood Movie Museum, 297 W. Center Street. Look for the rearing white horse at the West end of downtown Kanab.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.