|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
The property is located in Sardinia eastern coast, in one of its most spectacular areas, literally in front of Tavolara and Molara islands, which are parts of a gorgeous national park.
This two floor semi-detached villa is located 100mt from Porto Taverna beach. It is surrounded by a private garden with BBQ and a big terrace. The sea view is truly fantastic since there are no buildings in front of the property. To enjoy the stunning view, while having dinner or relaxing outdoors, the terrace is equipped with dinner table with chairs and sofas.
The property features 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms with shower, bright dining/living room, kitchen, two panoramic terraces, a big private garden and private parking spot.
The villa in Porto Taverna is second to none. It is perfectly situated only 100 metres from the beautiful beach with crystal clear waters. The villa is very clean and the owner Sara was very helpful before and during our stay. We tended to eat at the villa in the evenings, sat outside in the balmy heat of the evening. There are only a couple of beach restaurants within walking distance, but a lot more if you want to drive. It is only about 20 minutes drive from the airport which made our transfer time ideal. We hired a car which I would recommend for the duration.
A fantastic holiday and we would all definitely go back in a heartbeat..
Lovely villa in the quiet town of Porto Taverna. Everything we needed for a family of five. The beach was so close and perfect for the kids. Crisp white sand, lovely warm sheltered swimming with an amazing view. Owners were very friendly and made us feel very welcome.
We had a wonderful stay at Porto Taverna! Despite being two families with small children, we had no problem "fitting in". The house, the location and the facilities were perfect, and the view absolutely stunning (the pictures don't lie). The beach is every bit as good as the more famous ones nearby, and there are two bars/restaurants right on the beach. The Corda family provided excellent customer service throughout, so all in all: Perfect!
This is a house diveded into two "units" side-by-side. Each fronting east towards the ocean. Our unit was the southern half of the house. On the ground level there is two bedroms, one bathroom with shower, kitchen and living room.
On the upper level there is a bed room and a bathroom, also with a shower. There are some low sections where people above 180 cm needs to be a little aware not to bump the head in the ceiling, but otherwise a nice and practical house. Most things needed for cooking can be found in the kithchen, and outside there is a BBQ place we also used a couple of times. Everything was clean and nice, with bedclothes and towels incuded.
We used to enjoy the evening outside, looking out over the beach and into ocean.
The place is quite close to a nice, sandy beach with clear water.
We arrived 29th of September and the beach bar / cafees was closing that day or the days just after.
The area is quit calm, with a couple of kilometres to the closest village where we found some shops and restaurants.
There is no night life close to this area, which we think is an advantage.
This is a place that fitted just right for our family; two adults with three kids age 6 to 16, and if we go back to Sardinia, we would be happy to rent this house once more.
Nicht so gut: Keine Gartenliegen vorhanden, nur 2 bequeme, rückenverstellbare Gartenstühle ohne Kissen - Keine Sicherheitsschlösser an den rückseitigen Türen
Gut: Das Haus ist gepflegt, sehr sauber und gut und geschmackvoll eingerichtet und ausgestattet.
Sehr gut: Die Lage des Hauses ist traumhaft. Zur einen Seite der Blick auf das Meer und die Insel Tavolara, zur anderen Seite auf die Lagune und die Berge. In der Mitte ist ein Parkplatz, aber es fällt nicht schwer, diesen zu "übersehen".
Die Bucht ist klein, mit feinem Sandstrand, einer sehr gemütlichen kleinen Bar ohne Musik"bedröhnung", das Meer glasklar (bei ruhiger See). Der Strand ist sehr belebt. Wir sind immer nur zum Schwimmen heruntergegangen (ca. 100m) und haben dann die Ruhe und herrliche Aussicht auf unserem Grundstück genossen.
Die Landschaften in der Umgebung sind einmalig schön, die Costa Smeralda Richtung Norden, aber auch das Inland. Wir haben einige weitere berühmte Strände Richtung Süden (bis Budoni) besucht, die herrlich für lange Spaziergänge sind. Das Baden ist dort aber oft nicht möglich wegen des starken Windes und entsprechendem Seegang. Wir waren glücklich über die Lage unseres Hauses an einer kleinen Bucht. Der Seegang ist hier nicht so stark und der Meeresgrund ohne Steine, so dass wir immer Baden konnten.
Sehr interessant und einmalig fanden wir die bronzezeitlichen Stätten der Nuraghenkultur.
Restaurants können wir nicht empfehlen, wir haben nur selbst gekocht. In den 2 Supermärkten von Porto San Paolo kann man das Nötigste einkaufen. Eine Riesenauswahl hat das Einkaufszentrum am Ortseingang von Olbia.
Die BesitzerInnen des Hauses, Herr und Frau Corda und die Töchter Sara und Giovanna, sind sehr sympathisch und hilfsbereit. Auftretende Probleme wurden sofort gelöst, Wünsche sofort erfüllt. Der Verständigung in Englisch waren wir gewachsen, beim Italienischen wurde es schwieriger. Mit Geduld, Humor, Phantasie und einem Wörterbuch haben wir aber immer alles klären können.
Wir haben uns sehr wohlgefühlt!
- The house is indeed very close to the beach. One has a lovely view over the sea; dining on the terrace is so nice that one does not really want to go to any of the restaurants in walking distance ... (see below) - The 100m distance from the beach mentioned in the advert and one photo are slightly misleading, though: You do have to cross a
- little, not busy! - road to get to another very small road to get to the beach ... We cannot really understand though how one can just go for a swim and then stay for the rest of the day at the house, as it is suggested in somebody else's comment.
- Sara wants you to pay both portions of the renting costs via bank transfer. We really appreciated this because it means that the inland revenue actually can see the money earnt. So many times we handed over the largest portion of the renting costs cash to the (Italian landlord) at the arrival, and the money was put in a pocket and very probably not ever mentioned in any tax claim.
- House and garden are clean and well-maintained. The bathrooms could do with some love, but they serve their purpose.
- Plates, glasses etc. are there obviously, but really just five of each. Apart from the basic things there is the usual junk you find in most holiday apartments. We didn't care about this, but if you do ...
- The house has some corners with a really low ceiling, where one constantly bangs one's head if one is taller than 1,70m and not used to these spots. Unfortunately the kitchen cupboards are at the same inconvenient height. Might sound like a banality, but if you have banged your head for the umpteenth time, you do get a little annoyed.
- The two restaurants at both ends of the beach are expensive and disappointing. We spent many holidays in Italy and were therefore surprised by how much effort is put in both places in presenting - rather mediocre - food in some unnecessarily exaggerated way. - Obviously, this comment has nothing to do with the house, but it means that you have to drive somewhere else in order to get a good meal for a reasonable price.
- We were informed quite rudely by the neighbouring landlady about the complicated way of rubbish collection (and how we had done it wrong, not having been informed thoroughly enough by our own landlady). She complained bitterly about having to discard of a number of empty wine bottles by the family who had rented her house. If you rent Sara's house - stay away from her.
4 stars, with no doubt! But not 5.
Porto Taverna is one of the most beautiful places in the area: with white sand, an incredibly transparent water of marvelous colors, in one of the most charming little bays of Sardinia, near the islands of Tavolara and Molara. Not far away are also located the wonderful beaches of Capo Coda Cavallo, Cala Brandinchi, Impostu, La Cinta; Costa Coralina, Porto Istana, Capo Ceraso, Li Cuncheddi.
Within a couple of hours, you can visit so many extraordinary places: Tiscali, Su Goruppu, the deepest gorge of Europe, Cala Luna, Bosa, the Phoenician towns of Nora and Tharros, the Nuragic villages of Barrumini and Sant Antine, the sand dunes of Piscinas and many, many more. There are endless opportunities for sight-seeing, shopping, trekking in the spectacular Sardinian hinterland and for discovering the fascinating and mysterious archaeological monuments dating back many millenniums.
|Gas/water/elect per pers||£13|
|Linens/towels per person||£13|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£303|
Price does not include:
gas, water and electricity, euro 10 per person weekly.
Linen and towels, euro 15 per person weekly.
Final cleaning, euro 80/100.
Security deposit, euro 350 to be paid cash upon arrival