this spectacular just remodeled offers 4 bedrooms and 4 baths, perfect setting
- English, Spanish
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
4 nights we’ll never forget
Our trip to Casa Sol was nothing short of amazing. The house has plenty of room and all of the amenities were as listed. Casa Cenote is literally across the street about 100 meters away so if you don’t feel like swimming in the already pristine clean pool at the house you can go take a dip in the Cenotè. Ana and Antonio live on the property and brought us fresh coconuts! They were very attentive to all of our needs. They don’t speak English so make sure you polish up on your Spanish. The beds are firm but very comfortable. We loved being able to drive to to town in 10 minutes! Make sure you rent a car as it is very easy to get around. Must rent this place. Bargain in my opinion.
The week at Casa Sol was a disaster. Our worst HomeAway destination experience ever.
A series of misleading representations, unkept commitments, Casa Sol property problems, security and service issues.
1) Misleading representations: The property is in the midst of a construction site, with a Hotel being constructed next door. None of the photos on the website show this, nor is there a mention of this; which is highly misleading.
2) Unkept Commitments: The Property Manager, after visiting the Casa Sol Property, found the situation unacceptable, offering and commiting to return our funds for the 2nd and 3rd week of our reservation (reducing the stay to 1 week). We were not refunded. Also, the Property Manager offered to provide a Security Officer in the late afternoons / evenings during our week on the property. He never did this.
3) Casa Sol Property Issues: power outages as the construction workers cut electricity to the house, with no air conditioning in 88+ degree heat 2) significant noise pollution from 6am to 8pm daily, such that we could not sleep, 3) the garage was full of dirt (1.5 meters high) such that we could park our car (the adjacent construction site used the property to dump the excavated dirt) 4) industrial equipment being used that shakes the northern wall, 5) an open pit full of stagnant water in the back yard.
4) Casa Sol Security Issues: a) construction workers came onto the beach side of the house, consuming alcohol, b) construction workers took Casa Sol Kanoes off the property and used them in the sea, c) two ground floor windows that do not completely close nor lock (kitchen and bathroom), both of which are large enough for a man to pass through
5) Casa Sol Service Issues: The Property Keeper was gone both the first weekend and the final Saturdy of our stay. During three of the five week days the Property Keeper was incapacitated due to illness. Hence the cleaning and property upkeep services were not performed.
Bachelorette Trip Sucess
I booked Casa Sol for my Bachelorette party and the house was GREAT! I'll list the pros and cons for you to make this easy. Overall this house was wonderful and Santos and Seyde were super helpful during our stay. They stay on the grounds to help you with cooking, cleaning, etc. Santos even picked us fresh coconuts one day! For the price, this house was a winner!
Most important, we felt safe!
Clean house, plenty of space, big kitchen(we ate almost all meals out)
Great pool area! Wish there were more lounge chairs for sun bathing
Cenoete walking distance from the house - it's called Casa Cenoete.
Yes, the mattresses were extremely hard, but we didn't really care. Ha!
The back guest house room did smell a little weird
10-15 taxi ride to resorts, bars, restaurant. BUT taxis are easy to get.
Great place. Great staff - Santos and Seyde! Grounds neatly tended. Anything malfunction or problem
Cheerfully and promptly addressed. Handy to casa cenote beach bar and cenote . Great house, great times. Dream stove/griddle. Casita had some challenges but all eventually set right.
Beautiful home and location but beds are basically concrete
I’ll start off by giving complements to the staff. The housekeeper and groundskeeper were great. Santos made us two delicious meals while we were there and even climbed a coconut tree and brought us fresh coconut milk while relaxing by the pool. The house was cleaned daily, so it was nice not to have to worry with that.
There are some things about the house that just don’t meet our home away expectations the way others have in the past. The beds are absolutely awful. It was basically like lying on concrete with a sheet over it. We emailed Ana to see if there was a foam topper or something they could add to our bed...no such luck. My husband went and got the cushions from the pool lounge furniture and put them under the sheet to help a little. By the time we left, we were so sore and stiff. Not our idea of a vacation. In one of the emails, it mentioned there would be bottled water provided because the water is not drinkable. The only thing provided is a big jug of water sitting on a wooden side table with no dispenser and a cup on top to keep the bugs out. The sewer smell was pretty bad at times, the kitchen sink/stove just seem gross and not practical. The doors to the bedrooms and bathrooms are metal and don’t fit properly. The shades seem cheap and don’t fit properly. There were a few DVDs but no DVD player. I would recommend maybe some games and cards since all the tv stations are in Spanish just for night time entertainment. The house has been updated with glass railings/panels at the top of the stairs. Although aesthetically pleasing they are very loose and very much a liability. I would not recommend leaving children unsupervised upstairs. We would love to revisit this location, but this house needs work to get it up to the “home away” experiences we’ve had in the past.
We just got back from Casa Sol and had a wonderful time. All of the information about the house and the photos are spot on and the housekeepers made our stay very comfortable. Property is right on the beach with its own private area which is a bonus with sun shade and hammocks. The area is a little secluded but if you are looking on just relaxing and do not have car to get to Tulum (10-15 minutes away ) then there is a couple of local restaurants on the beach that won’t disappoint. Great place to stay highly recommend taking a look at this property Ana the owner was very helpful with questions/information prior to our arrival. One of the best VRBO properties we have visited.