My primary interest in life is understanding the world that we live in. I'm constantly absorbing ideas and images about the situations that are presented in my live. Using my intuition to process this information, help me to be usually extremely quick and accurate in my ability to size up a situation. I'm a deeper understanding of my environment therefore acting as a team with others the difficulties could be faced so we can achievement the goals.
Owner/Manager purchased this Apartment in 2016
Why Owner/Manager chose Parque
Was a very good deal considering the area. The property offer to our micro business vision a lot of opportunities not only in Short Term Rentals.
What makes this Apartment unique
Its so centered inside and between the most tourists areas in San Juan.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
The apartment was in a very safe gated community. The only issue was the air conditioner in the front bedroom leaked water the entire time. We placed a pot under it to catch the water.
Great location, close to beach and activities. Cool neighborhood!
Cute house, nice patio, great AC. Host was very accommodating. It would have been nice to have small supplies; salt, pepper, can opener. And floor needed a good scrub, but we had a wonderful time!
Needs some upgrades to be great
Here are my thoughts in bullet point:
1. Location is great for walking to restaurants and a Walgreens (we creatively got two lunches and dinners from the meager grocery section at Walgreens).
2. A/Cs work great.
3. Security in the neighborhood is great. There is a night watchman who drives around the neighborhood at night.
4. The beach is a short 5 minute walk away.
5. Several of the windows don't close all the way. It wasn't a huge deal as we were there in November but I imagine in the summer it will be a problem.
6. The key situation was a little goofy. I never got the keys to the main part of the house to work. So I had to let everyone out, then lock the door from the inside and then walk around and lock the back door on my way out.
7. WiFi didn't work but that was a function of Hurricane Maria not the house. AT&T cell phone reception was awesome and we used our hotspots on our phones.
8. There was a serious bedding shortage. It could technically sleep 9 as described but there was a drastic shortage of blankets and pillows.
9. The laundry facilities, although shared and outside in a shed area, worked great.
10. The owners were very accommodating with early check-in.
11. The mattresses were not the best quality, and while sufficient for some, with my mildly bad back, I was forced to sleep on the couch after about 4 hours in the bed.
Overall, we probably wouldn't stay here again as we've had several better experiences. However, for those looking for a slightly under priced (higher value?) VRBO for the area, this would probably be sufficient.
We had a great time! This location was super convenient!! The beach was beautiful and we had enough space for all 9 of us. Thanks!!!
amazing hammocks, on site laundry!
Thank you! This place exceeded all my expectations. The hammocks on the patio were extremely comfortable. They're perfect for people hanging out on after a day at the beach. The inside of the house is amazing. Two bedrooms are spacious. There's plenty of couch sleeping for everyone else. We really appreciated the two full kitchens, though we weren't totally sure what to do with the second. The on-side laundry proved useful during the middle of our vacation when we could wash our clothes at home while waiting in a hammock. Excellent place. Will stay again.
Great place to stay in San Juan before a cruise
We had 2 families looking for accommodations before our cruise out of San Juan. We wanted to spend a couple days in San Juan to tour around. All we needed was enough place for our kids and some adults. This place was perfect. It is a little tucked away from everything not far from anything. We were about a block away from the beach which we really enjoyed. The unit was about we expected. It was not high end luxury by any means but it was clean and spacious.
The pictures do not do it justice as to how big this place is. We maxed it out with 9 people and never felt crowded or cramped. There was plenty of room. It has 4 sleeping areas with 2 full bedrooms, 2 trundle beds, and a futon. Again, for our little kids it was perfect and everyone slept comfortably. I think for the price, you are not going to get a better deal.
I rated it 4 stars due to a few items:
- no paper towels in either kitchen or napkins of any kind
- No enough pillows in the bedrooms and pillows present were very flat
- Somewhat confusing nature of the parking
- Lighting - poorly lit in some areas and harsh lighting.
The above list can be considered picky but I didn't quite feel it was 5 stars.
The entire place was furnished with separate AC units in each room. They worked well and brought down the temperature tremendously from when we first opened the door - it was hot! The light switches are hard to find so be prepared to dedicate some time to figuring that out. The were not where we would expect to find some of them.
All in all, a great place to stay. I would definitely consider staying here next time especially for the price.
Juan was the gentleman we dealt with from beginning to end on the booking process and throughout our stay. He was very responsive to any questions we had and very accommodating to what we needed. In fairness to him, we never bothered him with the issues I listed above. I am not sure what he could have done to help but I wanted to list them here.
The inviting, turquoise waters of the San Juan strip of beach known as Ocean Park are located between the tourist hubs of Condado and Isla Verde. Although the San Juan coast features many beaches and beautiful sights, many visitors and locals alike still favor the area young people simply call “Ocean.” Its appeal is immediately evident: Ocean Park is a semi-secluded area in the otherwise busy capital, where beachgoers can enjoy both the active scene and the calmer waves while scanning the beautiful Atlantic horizon.