With breathtaking views, the apartment is part of the Marasusa holiday village, the ideal base for families and couples. Perched on the top of a hill in Paraghelia (3 min. drive to Tropea) overlooking the old town of Tropea you can sit on the balcony of the apartment and witness panoramic views of the Tyrrhenian Sea, the Aeolian Islands and a breathtaking sunset. Many regard Tropea as Italy’s best kept secret, no wonder the Sunday Times named it as its top beach holiday destination. The apartment offers a relaxing oasis of peace set amongst beautiful flowers and plants but you are still only just a few minutes away from the sandy beaches, restaurants, bars and bustling narrow streets of Tropea. Facilities include a beautiful shared infinity swimming pool, jacuzzi, shallow pool area for children, sun beds and showers. The apartment is air conditioned and sleeps up to 4 people.
Things to do: •The Lipari or Aeolian Islands -Several firms offer excursions to the Lipari Islands, also known as the Aeolian Islands, which include the volcanic island of Stromboli.•Diving and snorkelling - Calabria offers one of the best diving areas in the Italian Mediterranean. This is mainly due to the geological characteristics typical of the diving areas south of Tropea. The marina has several diving schools.•Sailing & Windsurfing - Again there are schools in Tropea with courses which include catamaran-sailing and windsurfing for beginners as well as for advanced students.•Fishing - There are numerous companies offering deep sea fishing trips. •History and Culture - Calabria is a region of ancient Mediterranean culture and it is the place from which Italy derives its name. Accordingly there any many historical buildings and sites to visit in the region. Walking Holidays - Calabria is an area of outstanding national beauty and has not only beautiful beaches but beautiful mountains.
Travel: • The airport 'Lamezia Terme is located just 54.9 km (about 45 minutes drive) from the apartment. Cars are available to rent at the airport from all of the major companies and although can be booked on the spot it is cheaper to book in advance. For the best deals use a comparison site.
• Fly to Lamezia Terme Airport - more and more tour operators and ‘low cost airlines’ are including Calabria in their programme every year, meaning the area is always becoming more accessible.
• Ryanair provide direct flights to Lamezia from London, Dusseldorf, Paris, Barcelona, Stockholm, Milian, Piza and Trapani.
• From the UK - Ryanair offers direct flights to Lamezia fom London Stansted, Monarch has direct flights from London Gatwick Airport . A number of Regional airports in the UK fly to Milian, Rome, Pisa, Bologna from where internal flights are available or Tropea can be reached by car/train. This is ideally suited for a two centre holiday (city+beach).
• From Germany - Lamezia can be reached from 17 German airports via Air Berlin. German Wings offers direct flights from Cologne/Bonn and Stuttgart. TuiFly have flights from 9 cities across German. Ryanair have flights from Dusseldorf
• From Italy - Lamezia can be reached by a number of airlines (including Ryan Air and Easyjet) from Milian, Rome, Pisa and Bologna. It is also possible to reach the region by train.
• From Holand & Belgium Transavia offers direct flights from Amsterdam, whilst Jetairfly offers inexpensive direct flights from Brussels (May –Sept).
• From Switzerland -Direct flights from Zurich to Lamezia are operated by Helvetic Airways. and Swiss Air. Air Berlin fly from Zurich and Basel.
• From Canada - there are flights during the peak season from Toronto to Lamezia with sky service airlines and Air Canada
• From Russia - Sky Express fly from Moscow to Lamezia
• From Austria - Air Berlin & German Wings fly from Vienna to Lamezia