Enjoy the beautiful and tranquil suite and relax in the lush private garden patio. Very centrally located! Your own private entrance and En Suite Bath. Queen size hotel quality bed with high thread count sheets & Duvet cover. New En suite bathroom. Located in quiet safe neighborhood with easy free parking, walking distance to restaurants, gym studios and shops. WiFi, 32" Smart HDTV. Easy-Going and Eco-Friendly home. LGBT Welcome!
With Free WIFI all around the house, this very light and airy room has a separate private entrance; not through the main house. Empty hanging closet with shelves. Double French doors open to lush garden and patio. Framed art, bedside table and lamp, rugs, desk and office chair. Lush cotton sheets and bedspread, 4 pillows, extra blanket and portable fan. Halogen recessed lighting throughout the bedroom, window blinds, curtains and hair dryer. Iron and ironing board are located in the closet.
There is a new mini fridge & new Hamilton Beach single serve coffee pod maker (which replaced the large maker with glass carafe shown in some photos). Cups, glasses, plates, utensils and complementary 2 bottles of water. The main house and kitchen area are not part of the shared facilities. These amenities and dishware are available upon request.
Plenty of fresh towels all laundered with hypoallergenic eco-friendly detergent. Basic toiletries like hand-soap, toilet paper and facial tissues are in the room. Other toiletries can be provided on request.
Please note that after the professional photos were taken, we decided to add a small table to hold the microwave and coffee maker which are shown in some of the photos. Under the table is the mini-fridge which is in one of the photos as well. They all sit neatly in the corner of the room near the French doors. Due to this, only one of the French doors will open fully. At your request, we can easily move the items around or remove any of them from the room including the table. Just let us know what you prefer. To view the new table and appliances, please scroll to the last couple of photos.
In June 2016 we added two lounge chairs for the patio. Scroll through the photos to see the beautiful new chairs!
In July 2016 we installed a new Frigidaire Room Air Conditioner. The room is still connected to the central air conditioning for the whole house. Now you will have more control over the room temperature. Scroll through the photos to see the new window AC unit.
- Spanish House Built in 1930
- Spanish Tiled Roof
- Newly Renovated
- Private Side Entrance
- En Suite Bath includes shower, sink and toilet.
- Hair Dryer & Sundry Travel Products
- Recessed Halogen Lighting all on Dimmers
- Crown Moldings
- Solid Oak Hardwood Floors
- Travertine Natural Stone Bathroom and Shower
- French Doors to Lush Garden Patio
- Top-Down Blinds for French doors
- Fresh clean Towels and Linens
- West Elm Queen Sized Bed
- Soft Microfiber Freshly Washed Sheets
- Temperature Regulating & Hypo-Allergenic Pillows & Blankets
- Zippered Breathable Pillow Protectors
- Liquid Cotton Blanket – 100% Natural
- New 32” Flat Screen Smart Rocu HDTV plus Satellite TV
- High Speed WiFi – AT&T U-verse Fiber Optic
- SMART HD Fiber Optic Cable with hundreds of channels and internet
- Hamilton Beach Coffee Pod Maker (replaced large maker w/ glass carafe)
- Complementary Tea & Coffee Pods
- Complementary 2 Bottles of Water
- Complementary bottle of red wine
- Plates, Cups and Utensils Available Upon Request.
- Small (1.7 cu. ft ) Stainless Steel fridge to keep things fresh
- Small Stainless Steel Microwave
- 12” 3-speed fan
- Outdoor table with Four Chairs
- Hampton Bay Patio Lounge Chairs with Small Table
- Lemon Tree – Pick Fresh Lemons When Available
- Comprehensive Guidebooks with area info
- FREE parking on street in front of house
- Walkable Neighborhood to The Grove, Movie Theaters, Restaurants, Bars and shops on Melrose and Beverly
The private lush garden patio is mostly private for our guests. We do access the garage through the side entrance which is attached on one side of the patio. The patio is furnished with comfortable table, chairs and succulent potted plants. All areas of the house and garden are well lit with Malibu Lights during the night.
We will be happy to try and take care of any special requests before and during your stay. There are complementary California travel guides and magazines available in the room for your use. We would like you to have a relaxed and inspiring visit at out little oasis in the City of Angeles!
The house is gated, quiet and secure. You will get a key for the front gate and another key for access to your room through your own private entrance - to go in and out as you please. Bathroom is en-suite. You are invited to enjoy the table and chairs outside under the Palm trees and Birds of Paradise. Outdoor areas are mostly private for our guests. During the day, you might hear the family next door as some afternoons their kids can be heard playing for a short time.
While we don't list the kitchen as part of amenities, we will gladly keep larger food items in our refrigerator for you or if possible heat it up for you at your request. Parking is FREE on the street in front of the house.
Interaction with Guests
The only interaction will be with me or my partner Jaime, but we have a separate entrance. We have a Labrador Mix dog named Xena. She is a rescue and is very friendly and loves to play. We occasionally have our dog, Moose, staying at the house who we share with a best friend in the neighborhood. He is a blonde Lab Mix rescue. He is usually pretty quiet until the mail-lady arrives in the afternoon. He is usually here about 1 week of the month. Both dogs stay with us in the main house. You may see us come or go through the garage in the front part of the garden patio from time to time. We live in the main house and rent out the Master Garden Suite. The gardeners come on Wednesdays or Thursdays and have access to the property to clean and trim the grass and trees.
The best restaurants, services, fashion and interior designer shops just 1 to 10 minutes walking distance including The Grove and Farmer’s Market!
$$$ - Animal Restaurant / Jon & Vinnie’s / Petty Cash / Torroni
$$ - LaLa’s Argentine Grill / Blue Jam Restaurant / Fretelli’s Cafe
$ - California Chicken Cafe / Chipotle / Starbucks
The Grove / Farmers Market / Pan Pacific Park / Melrose Trading Post, Sunday Flea Market / Beverly Blvd shops / Nails / Beauty / Massage and Hair Salons / Gyms / Yoga Studios / Auto Shops and Car Rentals / Restaurants / Bars / Galleries / Studios and much more all nearby in this vibrant and trendy part of Los Angeles.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS 5 OR 10 MINUTES DRIVE AWAY!
Hollywood Walk of Fame / Grauman’s Chinese Theatre / Dolby Theatre / Cinerama Dome / Paramount Pictures / Miracle Mile Museums / LACMA / Universal Studios / Dog Hotel / Runyon Canyon Hiking Trail / The Hollywood Bowl / Griffith Park / Pacific Design Center / Sunset Strip / The Beverly Center / West Hollywood / Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive / 101 Freeway.
OTHER ATTRACTIONS 15 OR 30 MINUTES DRIVE AWAY!
Historic Downtown / Staples Center / Dodger Stadium / Disney Concert Hall / Venice Beach / Santa Monica Beach & Pier / 3rd Street Promenade / Marina Del Rey / The Getty Villa & Museum / Universal Studios / Disney Land & California Adventure / Little Tokyo / China Town / Korea Town / Bel Air Hotel / Westfield Century City Mall.
The neighborhood is safe even for walking at night. Free street parking on street in front of house. Public buses, going in all directions are within a 1 minute walk. The bus stop to the beach in Santa Monica is a short walk. Uber, Lift and Taxis arrive very promptly when ordered.
Other Things to Note
For guests with cars, please be aware of street cleaning on Monday and Tuesday from 12n to 3pm. Tickets are $73 and they are very strict.
1. No pets.
2. No smoking on property.
3. Adults 25+ please.
4. No loud music or parties. Please be mindful of owners and neighbors. We are working professionals.
5. Please be sure to keep front entrance gate locked.
6. Plumbing under house is older. Please only put toilet paper down toilet. Nothing foreign down drains.
7. We are very ecologically conscious and do ask that you turn all lights, and appliances off when not using them or when you leave the room.
8. Weather permitting, please try to leave the bathroom window open during the day for ventilation.
9. Please, no visitors without discussing with us in advance. This is for our security and peace of mind, both during and after your stay with us. We would like your stay to be comfortable and enjoyable.
9. Proof of ID when you check in.
10. Relax and enjoy your stay in LA!