|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
With a luscious tropical garden of 4000 sq mts, and with sea and mountain views, this property is a hidden paradise at walking distance from the beach and historic centre of Marbella. It has 4 bungalows totalling 7 bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom, that can accommodate up to 16 people. The garden has 2 large swimming pools, a pool house with bar, kitchen and BBQ area as well as a semi-opened living room area with a balinese roof that hosts a gym, table tennis, TV room, etc.
Estuvimos una semana en la casa de Cristina porque amigos ya conocían el lugar. Impresionante, la casa es una gozada y la finca una verdadera joya de la naturaleza. Un entorno perfecto donde su dueña te facilita unas vacaciones inolvidables. GRACIAS CRISTINA!!!!!
We were 6 couples, booked this property for our vacation, for a week, and had a fantastic time! None of us wanted to leave! The place is even more beautiful in person, than it is in the pictures! The bedrooms and bathrooms were spacious and comfortable. There was plenty of space, and privacy. We never felt as though we were invading each other's space. We had plenty of parking to accommodate all of our vehicles. The kitchen and bar area by the pool were perfect gathering places, and there was also plenty of room for us all to enjoy an awesome meal together as well. The tropical gardens are beautiful, inviting and well-groomed. We had a relaxing, yet fun time! We are definitely looking forward to staying here again!
This property was an excellent choice. It was our first time in Marbella and the location couldn't have been more perfect. While we could have walked everywhere, taxis were so inexpensive, that we did not bother. We really enjoyed the magnificent views over the mountains while soaking in the pool. There is a huge supermarket nearby and the kitchen by the pool is fully equipped if you want to cook.
The marina of Puerto Banus is a short ride away and at walking distance, in the historic center of Marbella, we could find all kind of great restaurants and plenty of bars.
It was a very relaxing vacation. A lot to do, but at a slower pace. The owner was great to deal with and she is a wealth of information about the area. If you are looking for a place that is a home away from home and in a great location then this is it. Enjoy!
This was the perfect house and location for our family vacation.
The rooms were all really clean and had all the details to make you feel at home.
We were an extended family of 12 with members of all ages and everybody could find their space and ways to amuse themselves. From hanging out in the large kitchen/dining/deck area watching and helping each other cook while keeping an eye on the kids swimming at the pool to retiring to a quite spot to take an afternoon nap, this property offers anything you dream of in your vacation.
The location is great: we were able to walk to the old city centre and the beach, although we enjoyed so much the space that we hardly ever went out.
We will definitely stay here again and I am already recommending it to everyone I know!
We only have positive things to say about our wonderful stay at this home. The check-in/check-out went really smooth, even though it was a last minute booking and the owners were available for any of our needs. We were 3 families with children of different ages and this property was everything we could ask for. It is spacious and private. The rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable.The way they are laid out couldn't be more perfect, as each family had their own bungalow and therefore privacy was guaranteed. However, our favourite part was the outdoor kitchen/dinning/deck area. It had comfy sitting, cool lighting and an outdoor fireplace. We spent most of our time there as we were able to grill and all be together. The pool is massive and the garden is spectacular. The location is central but quiet, and was a great base for excursions in the region. We would certainly come back.
We spent a week in Villa Alborana, although the details we were sent were for a Finca San Francisco, during the last week in July. It was a family holiday with family from Australia and England gathering in Spain. There were six adults, four children and a baby.
The positive things about the villa are:
- Proximity. Walking distance to an excellent shopping centre.
- Layout. We liked that we were all together and central but not all cooped up in one spot.
The first thing to note is that this is not a private villa. The owners of the villa live on the property, and roam freely over the area, not respecting the privacy of our extended family, for example there were other people staying in the gardner’s quarters right where we were above the kitchen.
This property would have been spectacular once but it is in real need of major maintenance.
The outside kitchen – the main kitchen, as it is referred to by the owners – had many faults:
• For the first three days there was no hot water. This was reluctantly addressed by the owners on our fourth day.
• When the hot water was “fixed” there was a leak on the kitchen floor, dangerously close to power outlets.
• The dishwasher is not in the kitchen, but is situated in the main bedroom area, up two flight of steps!
• There is a dangerous step into the kitchen, which most of us tripped over multiple times.
• The utensils and plastic glasses in the kitchen were sadly inadequate.
• The lower kitchen cupboards were empty of anything except rubbish.
In addition to the inadequacies of the kitchen, other disappointments related to:
• Two pools were advertised, but the owners claimed the sunnier pool was for their family use.
• Wifi worked in one sweet spot only, and was off on a regular basis.
• Quite a number of lights were not working.
• No air conditioning, and noisy unsatisfactory fans.
• The decking has not been oiled for so long, splinters were a regular problem – particularly for the children.
• There are some photos on the site advertising areas we were not allowed in or were not working - the second pool, the table and chairs upstairs where one of us was asked to move away from, and the gym
Other villas we have stayed at using Mijas Villa have been better maintained, problem free holidays, without an always present, on site owners' negative attitude towards paying guests.
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£605|