A beautiful " all season" cottage close to Lake Simcoe (20 min driving) in 50 acres of private land with picturesque pond is for rent. Great for a relaxing vacation, family reunion or company events. You do not need to spend hours driving, as the cottage is located just 45 min northeast of Toronto. Sitting on Ravenshoe Rd, in the corridor between Georgina and Uxbridge, is a unique and beautiful 2400 sqft Spanish house in a private 50 acres lot with well managed landscaping, giant trees, expansive lawns for activities, and camp fires. The huge private pond with picture perfect gazebo has turtles, lots of fish as well as frogs. A canoe with life jackets, mini-golf course plus many activities are all provided for unlimited fun! A pool table, portable stereo, TV/DVD/CD player, home theatre system (no cable service), chess, poker, many books, and skipping ropes are there to keep you happy and fit.
The house is suitable for holidays, as well as family reunions, team-building activities, or company retreats. The kitchen is renovated with a full line of appliances.
There is a long deck outside of the kitchen, overlooking a beautiful lawn and the pond. Chairs, coffee tables and propane BBQ are provided for you, family and friends to chat, relax and read.
Special event fee of $25 per person per day for wedding or big gathering events.
Overcharge of $25 per person per night over the maximum occupancy of 10.
You are required to take all garbage with you when check out. Or you can contact our property manager Matt for all garbage removal for cost of $70.
1. Sibbald Point Provincial Park: 14KM, 14 min. Offers sandy beaches, swimming, biking and hiking trails, camping, boat launching and fishing.
2. Beaverton Harbour Beach Park: 22KM, 20 min. Offers lake simcoe harbour view, awesome pier extending to the middle of Lake Simcoe, good for fishing all year round. Best place for ice fishing in Toronto region. Nice child and family friendly beach park with splash pad, public washrooms and ample parking. Well urbanized Beaverton downtown boasts unique historic walking trails and restaurants.
3. Geogina ROC: 25KM, 22 min. Recreational Outdoor Campus. In summer it offers zipline, rockclimbing, bike park, splash pad, rope course, pioneer village, walking trail, canteen. In the winter, you can ski, snowboard, go tubing or tobogganing.
4. Uxbridge: 21KM, 19 min. It is the Trail Capital of Canada, with over 220 kilometers of trails. A number of major trail systems run through the township, including the Oak Ridges Trail and the Trans-Canada Trail.
5. Leaskdale Manse National Historic Site of Canada: 10KM, 9min. It is the former Presbyterian manse where Lucy Maud Montgomery lived with her husband and family from 1911-1926. Lucy Maud Montgomery is a famed Canadian author, best known for her Anne of Green Gables.
6. Horseback riding: many locations offer horseback riding.
7. Ravenshoe Forest Mountain Bike Trail: 12KM, 10min. Also called York Regional Forest â?? Brownhill Tract.
8. Casino Rama: 67km, 55 min.
9. Shopping: Walmart and other big stores in Keswick, just 20 min driving.
10. Winter fun: Lake Simcoe is the ice-fishing capital. You can enjoy ice fishing with equipment rental from many companies. In addition, three ski resorts are nearby in the same area: Dagmar Ski Resort, 36 km (29 min), 1220 Lakeridge Rd, Uxbridge; Lakeridge Ski Resort, 36 km (29 min), 790 Chalk Lake Rd, Uxbridge; Skyloft Ski Resort, 36 km (29 min), 722 Chalk Lake Rd, Uxbridge, ON
The property is furnished and includes:
- Full functional kitchen with stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster. There is a big freezer in the garage for extra and bulk meat frozen space. Two queen size beds and 5 bunk beds.
- BBQ with propane. Heating and Air conditioning.
- TV, DVD/CD player (no cable service provided).
- Canoe, oar and life jackets are stored in the barn on the pond side. If you like canoeing very much, our property manager Matt is willing to rent his canoes in his backyard Black river and mud lake.
- Chess, cards, books etc (stored in the conference room).
- Golf game set. Clubs and hole flags are provided. Guest should bring own golf balls.
Renter should prepare:
- Food and drinks.
- Bottled water. The property is on well water which has higher minerals and calcium than city water. Well water quality and taste fluctuates and frequently smells. It's recommended boiling before drinking well water. Bottled water is highly recommended.
- Towels, personal hygiene products, toilet paper and garbage bags.
- Bedding supplies (bed sheets, pillows and blankets). We provide mattress only so you need to bring your own blankets and bed sheets, pillows.
- Warm clothing. Countryside can be colder than city so prepare well for the weather. Thermostat for the central heating and A/C is located in the dining room wall.
- Fire wood for camp fire. Our property manager Matt (cell can supply fire wood in a very competitive price. He lives 2 min away from our property.
Internet, telephone and cable TV are not available at the location.
This reservation has a Flexible cancellation policy - refunds will be issued up to 30 days prior to the check in date.
A 100% refund is provided for travellers cancelling at least 30 days before check-in. A 50% refund is provided for travellers cancelling from 14 to 29 days before check-in. No refunds are provided for travellers cancelling less than 14 days prior to check-in. CanadaStays Booking Fees are non-refundable.
Our house rules: no smoking, no parties or events, no pets.
1. Guest signing up the rental contract must be 25 years or older and responsible for the safety and security of the vacation group as well as the property.
2. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the house. Please dispose of cigarette butts outside the property in a safe manner and in a designated container;
3. The house/cottage is privately owned; the owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. We suggest you bring beach towels, personal hygiene products, pillows, linens and bedding supplies. You need to take garbage with you when check out. Never leave garbage outside of the house so as not to attract unwanted animals.
5. Fireplace: They are not operational during this time of the year. Please DO NOT try to use any fireplace.
6. Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water may have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $5,000.
7. The pond is good for canoeing, fishing and scenic viewing. Life jackets must be used when you use the canoe provided.
8. Leave the property in the same condition of cleanliness in which you check-in the Property.