|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
PLEASE NOTE: HOLIDAYS REQUIRE 3 NIGHT MINIMUMS. THIS INCLUDES COLUMBUS DAY, THANKSGIVING, CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR'S WEEK.
This is a 2 level A-frame located 1.5 miles from Bryce Resort.
There is something to do in every season! We have compiled a list of things to do! Just ask us for it! Just read our reviews! I hope I covered everything below. Find us on facebook “Bryce Bungalow” for vacation discounts, up to date events, videos and more!
Everything is almost brand new... It is clean & cozy.. We’ve added lots of extra amenities to the house such as: toys, books, dvd's, vhs, games, PS3 and more! Everyone will have something to stay buys!
The living room has a woodburning stove, TV with Roku, dvd, vhs player. No cable, sorry. There are TONS (approx 200-300 movies) for your pleasure. The loft has a flat screen with a PS3 where you can stream from Amazon & Netflix, watch movies, or browse the internet.
The kitchen is stocked for the basics.. Coffee pot, keurig, crockpot, pancake griddle, toaster, microwave, oven and dishes. We’ve just added an ice cream maker! Bring the ingredients!
The deck has a hammock, picnic table and propane grill. We generally have the $3 propane tanks handy for your use. If not, the local store sells them.
The master bedroom has a queen bed and a few books (take a book, leave a book system.)
The spare bedroom has a full bed.
The loft has two twin beds, a 32" TV with PS3, games and toys, books for the younger ones
All new bed linens and pillows in 2015. We have a high chair and a pack n play (like new)
In the winter months, there is heat in every room. In the warmer months there is air conditioning in the loft and a standing unit in the main area. There is an extra fan or two. The house also has a high chair, ironing board, and hair dryer for your use.
Outside there is a firepit! We have 4 camp chairs in the main closet. Bring your own wood. The fire pit must be used in the driveway as the deck is too narrow and too close to the very wooden house.
You will love it here. It's a gentle escape from the 9-to-5 life. Peace and quiet are included. Light pours into the house. Its relaxing and soothing. You will feel comfortable and at home immediately. Everything is clean and well kept.. I put in a lot of heart, sweat and tears getting this house ready for rent. There is a binder in the house which includes a local map and tons of ideas for things to do! Or ask us for it before you go!
Also, we have a few babysitter contacts! In case you want to go to skiing without the kids, to the lake, local vineyard and more! (Use at your own risk). Ask us for their info when you book!
The house will have one roll of toilet paper, one roll of paper towels, some trash bags, dish soap to get your started, but you may need to buy more. We also should have a backup propane tank for the grill.
We suggest you also bring:
a) Sheets and towels for all. (queen, full and two twins.) Don’t forget a hand towel
b) Firewood. We have some firewood on site, but it is not seasoned yet!
d) Paper plates, napkins & utensils if you dont want to do too many dishes.
e) Ice... but there are ice trays.
f) Hand soap
Closest convenience store: 1 mile
Closest gas station: 1 mile
Resort: 1.5 miles
Closest bar / grill / full service restaurant: 1.5 miles
Closest hike: 1 mile
Closest lake: 1.5 miles
Closest grocery store: 11 miles
Driveway suits 4 cars
Guests have access to the entire house minus one owner’s closet which is locked.
Interaction with Guests
I live about 1.5 hours away but always available to talk or chat. I can be there in a jiffy in case of emergency.
Bryce is a 4 season resort. There are homes around, but rarely occupied. I have never seen anyone occupy the house closest to mine. The street is SO quiet and peaceful and awesome to take walks on in the morning or at sun down!
You will need a car to get around. Consider this a rural area.
Other Things to Note
The house does not have a dishwasher, clothes washer and dryer. The heat is baseboard heating (one thermostat per room.) There is no cable TV, but you can stream through Roku. There is a woodburning stove in case the power or heat goes out. There are 2 AC units that can be used. The driveway is akward at first, but one of the lesser steep ones on the mountain! In the winter you will NEED to drive a 4WD or AWD to get up the mountain or driveway if snow has fallen. You will need to bring some basics: linens (towels /sheets), paper towels, garbage bags, dish soap, and hand towels.
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Diane Marletto (“Homeowner”) and (“Guest”) as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
Check in time: 3pm
Check out time: 11am
UNLESS OTHERWISE ARRANGED
1. Property. The property in Basye VA. The property is furnished.
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and the persons listed on the initial reservation.
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 6 persons. No additional guests allowed. No exceptions. This is due to the septic system.
4. Minimum Stay: This property requires a 2 night minimum stay. 3 nights or more are required during holiday periods.
5. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
6. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
7. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the rent will be refunded as follows:
100 % if cancelled 30 days prior to the Check-in Date
50 % if cancelled <30 days prior to the Check-in Date
However, if property is re-rented, then only a $50 surcharge applies and the full amount will be refunded 😊
8. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.
9. Payment: Acceptable payment methods are [personal check or paypal] If you wish to send payment via paypal, send to: shuckshanker@ yahoo dot com
1. Smoking is NOT allowed in the house. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The house is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. PARKING – Parking is limited to 4 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in the driveway only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. Bring your own linens.
No refunds will be given for storms. [Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.]
10. Security Deposit: The security deposit of $300 is refundable after the stay, as long as there is no damage or repairs needed to the property. When you check in, it is IMPORTANT that you report any damages or repairs before the damage and repairs are taken from your security deposit. The security deposit will be returned within 1 weeks after check out, if not sooner.
10. Risk : Guest acknowledges that the stay is at-your-own-risk and will not sue the owner for damages of any kind. This includes anything regarding the use of the Wood Stove. The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement. Signatures are not required. Agreement is accepted based on:
a) Payment by the tenant
b) Acceptance by the owner
I'm a single mom trying to create memories for my 6 year old son! I enjoy getting away on the weekends to the mountains! I like to share my love of our home with others, we hope you love it as much as us.
Diane purchased this house in 2015
Peace, quiet, serenity. No traffic sounds.. Just nature! Its fully stocked, you'll feel at home!
The home is stocked with entertainment! Unlike other rentals, there's tons to do for all ages!! It is a beautiful A-frame style with open windows in the main area. Its nestled in the woods, just a short drive to some activities and conveniences. You'll fall in love. Just read our reviews!
Arrival procedure was simple. House was neat and clean. Sufficient amenities for comfort. Would rent again in a heartbeat. Thank you, Diana!
Once you get the parking figured out , no problem ! Nice place. The place has everything you would want. Ideal for a golf foursome. R.W. Simons
Really quaint and picturesque setting! Comfortable accommodations! Clean, well kept and convenient for my weekend of golf for me and my three grown sons! Would definitely return! Thanks!
The cabin fit our needs perfectly. The loft was perfect for our 4 and 7 year old. All they wanted to do was play with all the toys the whole time! Overall, it was a great place to stay.
As soon as we stepped into the Bryce Bungalow we knew we had made the right choice. This home is well appointed and designed for comfort and relaxation! We enjoyed hanging out in the living area and watching movies with the Roku. Making breakfast is easy with everything you will need to prepare a meal. The bedrooms are pretty and comfortable. With the great central location, we took day trips to Luray, Seneca Rocks, Woodstock and Harrisonburg. Thank you for thinking of everything we would need and having your guests in mind!
We absolutely loved our stay. The home was very comfortable and the atmosphere relaxing. She has thought of everything including a comprehensive list of how to's for the home and what to do, where to go, eat etc in the area. We were a party of five with plenty of space. Will definitely stay again.
Here's my list of things to do in the area:
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
13 Jan 2017 - 16 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
17 Feb 2017 - 20 Feb 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£246|
2 night minimum EXCEPT holidays which there is a 3 night minimum due to high demand. Thank you
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.