16 sleeps, beautifully tended garden, well furnished, pool open all year round
Nina Schuttert / Giulia Tiriticco / Kirsten Eijkelenboom / Giulia Lattanzio
- English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Greek
About Nina Schuttert / Giulia Tiriticco / Kirsten Eijkelenboom / Giulia Lattanzio
We have been with Homeaway since 2006, proposing houses that are able to unfold Sicily's colours and charm at best. Houses with quality furnishing in unique locations, with incredible views or with a pool, always accurately selected in order to satisfy our main wish: to see you falling in love with Sicily just like we did. We provide you with transparent information and true pictures. What you see is exactly what you get. We will advise you as much as we can about travel info, transfers and car rental. Dinners in villas and other extra services can also be arranged. Finally, our prices are final rates! There are no hidden additional costs. We are flexible with your arrivals and departures and if you need a late check-in this is usually possible.
Pool / Spa
Max guests: 16
100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
This house was so bad we had to check out 2 days early
This house was very disappointing and looks and sounds much better in the photos than in reality. The one star is for the pool, which is the only nice feature - although they filled in the jacuzzi part of the pool with cement, which cheapens it.
- Towels and linens were disgusting. They also only provide ONE bath towel and hand towel per person. They were old, torn up, worn out. They even told us if we wanted towels for the pool, we must pay extra for them (??!!).
- Mattresses were terrible and old.
- Lighting: it was so dark inside it was hard to see - even during the day - because the lighting is terrible and there are not many windows.
- Pool table was super old and worn out and the pool sticks were so worn out they did not work properly.
- There is no central place to hang out in the house - the rooms are oddly situated and to be all together you had to sit around the dining table.
- Kitchen and supplies were old. The oven did not work.
- Home booked for 8 ppl and they left us TWO rolls of toilet paper. Ridiculously cheap to not have more so we had to go to store to get some.
- Bathroom showers were disgusting - old, grimey, small (I am 5/7 and 135 lbs and could barely fit inside the "master" bathroom shower. The other showers were equally disgusting.
- Location is horrible - its so hard to get in and out of, very far from any place you'd want to eat at or hang out at. They only provide one gate key to the property so you can't have two people go in two different places without coordinating for the person with the key to get home first.
- It rained and water came in under doors.
There are very basic things one can do to make a stay more pleasant - and this house had none of them. I am an avid renter of Villas through airbnb and homeaway, and I own a vacation home myself, and I have to say this is the absolute WORST experience I have had with something in this price-range
I don't know how any one could stay in this house for any length of time. After I checked in with my whole famliy and it was so uncomfortable, dirty, old and creepy that I immediately had to start looking for another accomodation in Sisily last minute. And its not like the place is cheap. I paid so much per night (after fees and taxes) and expected at least a bare minimum of comfort and cleanliness. If you expert to "camp" and "rough it", this is your place. If you want to be comfortable and feel somewhat at a nice place, this is NOT for you.
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay and it is a pity you did not inform us of your disappointment before. We would have liked to help you. We do not agree with the description you gave of the villa, but we will make sure to use your feedback in a constructive way in order to always improve our property.
Beautiful views of Etna
The house is well equipped and the garden is enormous (Massive barbecue area as well!) The pool was fabulous. The three upstairs bedrooms have aircon, but there isn't any downstairs, which made for some very stuffy nights. Communication with our host was good. The area is quite run down, but you are secure in a gated area, and we drove most places so it wasn't a problem.
Had a lovely family holiday
The villa was nice and also the amenities
A large comfortable property, good location, views of Etna and a large pool
We stayed here during August 2017 and had a fabulous time. The villa has a lovely garden with a BBQ area and a large pool which is a must in the middle of the summer. The villa is large, comfortable and well equipped - perfect for a large family group (there were 11 of us). You do need a car as it is quite remote but the nearest supermarket is only a 5 minute drive. We were met by Massimo and the translators, Chiara and Giada who couldn't have been more helpful. They organised a meal which was cooked for us by their chef in our kitchen which was excellent.
Catania is a short drive away and I would recommend a trip up Mount Etna. Stunning views. We will definitely be going back at some point in the future.
Lovely, spacious villa
A group of 9 adults, we really enjoyed our stay at Villa Alemà. The villa is well-equipped and has plenty of room. We especially enjoyed the large pool and pretty garden area, which has a lovely view of Mount Etna, and is great for evening meals. Acireale is a short drive away, and the villa is well-located to explore the East coast, with Catania (<30 mins) and Taormina (<40 mins). Thanks to Giada and Massimo, who were very welcoming, helpful and responsive, and provided useful tips of places to visit. We had a fun holiday and would definitely recommend this villa!
Villa Alemà is an excellent base from which to explore eastern Sicily. The villa lies almost halfway between Catania and Taormina and just five kilometres from Acireale (a pretty little city, built on a plateau of lava, that is known for its Baroque churches). Gardini Naxos, a seaside resort with a sandy beach, is just 35 kilometres away. Just a little further you'll find Taormina ‘the pearl of the Mediterranean’ and the most exclusive seaside resorts in Sicily. Its ancient Greek theatre is world famous for its extraordinary panoramic view. Santa Maria la Scala, AciTrezza, and Santa Tecla are pleasant seaside villages near Villa Alemà where you can find delicious granite and very good restaurants.
The 18 hole Golf course Il Picciolo is an easy drive (45 minutes).
Other Activities: Excursions to Mount Etna, the biggest volcano of Europa