Conveniently located private roof boasts panoramic city views and city sunsets
- English, French, Spanish, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, japanese
About Jennifer Smith
My name is Jennifer a Japanese American doing broadcasting in Taiwan. I'm a fun loving traveler that has been all over the world. I have lived everywhere from Hawaii, London, and Africa but decided to move to this little Island of Taiwan that I truly just fell in love with. I love singing, dancing, and meeting new people. Hope you take as much detail to taking care of my house as I did making it a place you will fall in love with.
Jennifer Smith purchased this Apartment in 2014
Why Jennifer Smith chose Taipei
Best Rooftop in the middle of Taipei
What makes this Apartment unique
Right above Shandao MRT station and across the street from one of the most famous breakfast shops in all of Taiwan
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Nice and big apartment. Perfect for families. Great location. And nice and friendly host
This apartment is the best location you will find anywhere! Steps away from the metro, McDonalds, grocery store, pharmacy. We had 5 adults and were very comfortable. Clean, comfy beds. The only down side is it is on a very busy street so it is noisy at night, we used ear buds a night and it was fine. The location is worth the night noise! Great place to stay!
It was a great location and the property was well maintained. David was a pleasure to work with.
We would definitely consider working with David again. Great experience.
Cozy common area, clean room, easy access to the MRT station, but very poor quality customer service
The layout matches all the pictures on the website, and the location is very convenient.
Unfortunately, we did not have the best experience with the host. Interacting with him felt like only a business transaction instead of any kind of customer service experience.
After arriving at the rental, our main issues were in regards to hot water in the suite bathroom and cockroaches in the rooftop area. The hot water situation was that we lacked hot water in the ensuite bathroom. The owner was very prompt in communicating with us about and addressing the hot water issue; however, it felt that he was more interested in preserving his business at that rental for future residents rather than trying to making sure our stay was enjoyable. After two nights of having to call the owner, a plumber was contacted to fix the problem.
The cockroach situation was never resolved during our stay. This prevented us from ever using the rooftop room/space as there were significant numbers of cockroaches each evening after about 9-10 p.m. We contacted the owner the first evening about this, and he agreed to visit the next day to re-trap/spray the rooftop area; however, he insisted that there will simply be cockroaches there and that they will not get into the rooftop room nor inside the building rental. We never spent any time in the rooftop room to confirm whether or not cockroaches would get in that location, but contrarily there was a cockroach found in the building rental the very next morning. During his visit to re-trap/spray the rooftop area, he was clearly irritated in having to come back out about this issue and condescended one of our guests, scolding him in tone and saying that "Taiwan is a tropical island. There will be cockroaches." This reinforced the lack of customer service from this owner, and for those reasons it was our last contact with the owner during our stay. Ironically, it is important to note that the guest he condescended was born and raised in rural Taiwan, and though he had obviously grown up around Taiwanese cockroaches, he had never seen such an infestation. Cockroaches are indeed present in Taiwan, but their swarming presence on the rooftop those evenings made the entire area unlivable. As a result, that guest ended up sleeping on the living room couch for the duration of the visit.
From my experience there, I will not consider this rental or renting from this owner again the next time I visit Taiwan.
Spacious Place with a beautiful roof view!
This is the second place I stayed with my family from the owner, since the other one was already booked.
The place has plenty of space, a huge top roof with a beautiful view with an excellent location (just beside the subway station).
Very clean and well furnished, you don't have to worry with anything.
The owner is very friendly and always willing to help and assist you in any matter.
Kudo and thumb up for david .
The apartment is well kept . Clean and tidy . The living room is so spacious and we spend most of time chat chitting there "We love it ". What i like most is the quiet envoirnment that let us sleep soundly through my 5 days visit
David even went extra mile to gather the information and recommendation of the place we will like to visit .
I will definitly stay over agiain when i visit taipei .
Keep up the good work .
-HELP US PLAN YOUR VACATION:
This means give us your itinerary asap, (give us flight details, estimated time of arrival to apt. Tell us when your estimated departure time is, we need to schedule cleaning service and meet you, inspect place, and get keys from you and show you out.
-Keep in touch during your visit, airport offers affordable sim or phone rentals and money exchange 24 hours a day you can book in advance so they’ll have ready for you when you arrive; your own phone is also fine.
Insured shuttle service to and from airport:
$40usd or 1200nt (1-4 people)* $50usd or 1500nt each way (5-8 people)*
*Drivers are familiar with routes, addresses, and phone numbers. The approximate location of our place is on the map.
We know plans change and that’s not a problem just let us know!
Please call us so we can let you into the premises. We will meet to give you keys and show you around please don’t arrive early without informing us and wonder around. Let us to show and take you around without your luggage. The house is very close to Shandao Temple so it'll be easier to let us speak to your driver directly. If you are taking mass transit we meet at the MRT Shandao Temple Station Exit 6.
Restaurants we recommend
1. Ding tai fung: of course the most famous dumplings in the world with great service, you don't need to go to the original one to get the same quality and service.
2. Hutong, Kanpai, DaWang: Japanese Yakiniku, Hutong & Da Wang are upscale, Kanpai (Dunhua), has more a bar feel, All you can eat places all over (I like the ones in Ximen).
Link: http://www.hutong.com.tw/ ; http://www.kanpaiyakiniku.com.tw/
3. Fuhang Soy Milk: The most famous Yonghe Soy milk in all the world, be prepared to wait in line like Ding Tai Fung, exit 5, 2nd fl. of Huashan market Shandao Temple MRT.
4. There are so many great restaurants dotted along both sides of Civic Boulevard Section 3 to 4, they include Hutong and late night Tripod (Ding Wang) Spicy Hot pot.
5. Addiction Aquatic Development: live, cold, grilled, steamed, well any type of seafood, you have come to the right place. A bit pricey but a great experience.
6. Lehua and Ningxia Night market: Lehua night market is in Yonghe one of the best local best kept secrets, you might be the only tourist there. Ningxia has good food also.
7. Great restaurants in ATT for Fun, Mala Hot pot(Haidilao) get ready to wait 3 hours for a table, (upscale Kanpai), Kpop Korean and Hutong at NEO 19 in the Xinyi District.
8. Other places i like are Kiki's brand restaurants, a bit overpriced since you can get lots of the food they serve cheaper, but overall its good quality and most dishes are good.
9. So many Thai and Korean places which come in various prices, pretty much all the same to me. Andy Thai for budget and VeryThai in NEO 19 or any branch for upscale.
10. Try http://hungryintaipei.blogspot.tw/ with reviews and pictures, for the most part its accurate and introduces lots of places at the very least, some are outdated.
11. I really enjoy places, like Cash City (hotpot), Fast fry places where locals drink beer in small uncomfortable stools and eat yummy flavorful food to wash down the beer.