100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
This property was incredible! It checked off all of our boxes, and even the boxes we didn't anticipate. I would definitely recommend this property to others, and I would stay there again next time I'm in the area.
Casita was perfect. Everything you need is available. Pernell was great. He kept in touch before and after trip. Fast at responding to e-mails and very helpful. Manager David at Orchard Bay was awesome. Extremely knowledgeable and helpful if you want to go on any excursions. The food at Trade Winds restaurant and bar was delicious. Had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back.
Options for getting to Orchid Bay :
1) Fly to Belize City Int'l airport (BZE) and rent a 4 x 4. (most agencies have them) A car is not recommended. Once you get off the paved Northern Highway, the roads to Orchid Bay are dirt, gravel, bumpy, rough with potholes, may have water patches and be slippery during the rainy season. Definitely can be an experience. There are two options to drive to Orchid Bay. (each takes approx 2 1/2 hrs and we will provide a map)
a) Take the paved Northern Highway to Corozal and then the last 3/4 hr is on a non-paved road as explained above.You will also have to cross two rivers on hand cranked ferries to get to Orchid Bay. The ferries are open 24/7. These are pretty cool as you can ask the gentlemen if it is ok for you to crank and they will gladly oblige. They are quite short to get across (five to ten minutes) This is the best way for your first time to Orchid Bay.
b) The second option is to take the paved Northern Highway to Orange Walk. Then turn to San Estevan, Chunox and then to Orchid Bay.
2) Fly to Belize City and then hire a transfer to drive you to Orchid Bay. (we will recommend one for you)
3) Fly to Belize City and then fly to Corozal. Hire our recommended transfer company to take you to Orchid Bay (approx. US$45) or rent a vehicle from them in Corozal. The cost is approx. $80/day including insurance. Belize has two national airlines : Tropic Air and Maya Island Air.
5) Fly into Cancun and then take Tropic Air to Belize City and then do one of the options above.
6) Fly into Cancun and rent a vehicle. Make sure you ask if the vehicle can be taken across the border to Belize.
7) Fly into Cancun and take ADO bus lines to Corozal, Belize and then get our recommended transfer company to pick you up and bring you to Orchid Bay.