|Minimum Stay||6 - 7 nights|
Kastellorizo lies to the south-eastern end of Greece's frontier at the fringes of the Dodecanese complex of islands, 3 nautical miles from the Turkish coast. A small picturesque island with a present population of less than 600 residents, has been inhabited since antiquity and was once a prominent trading port reaching a population of as many as 11000 during Greece’s Ottoman occupation and Italian rule.
Located directly on the waterfront, our home dates back nearly 200 years & is a cherished heirloom to our family & visitors to the island. It is by no means a luxury accommodation, but a chance to stay in one of the islands historical homes for your next holiday. A commanding view of the picturesque harbour & just steps away from a dip in it's turquoise waters.
There are two large bedrooms that accommodate up to 8 persons on the upper floor (2 double beds + 4 single beds) with two balconies overlooking the harbour.
2 large modern bathrooms on the ground floor & a full kitchen and saloon as well. The kitchen is equipped with all basic utensils & utilities - fridge, stove/oven, crockery etc.
The dining area is reserved for the outside patio which also accommodates sun beds for lounging during the day. Apart from the enclosed patio, there is a small open terrace at the entrance with cushioned seating & small tables for relaxing outdoors to enjoy the view.
The house is equipped with air-conditioning units for cooling those hot summer nights.
Additional Rental Notes:
- 1 week minimum stay required for all Bookings
- Only Guest registered to stay on the premises are allowed to reside on the property
- Maximum Guest - 8 persons
- No pets allowed- Smoking not allowed in the apartment
- No parties or receptions allowed on the premises
- Bath Towels are provided for each Guest, however Beach Towels are not provided
- A free cleaning service is offered 1 day per week during your stay. If you require more than 1 day per week, an additional cost of 50 euros per day will be required
- A Baby Cot can be provided upon request
- All Payments in Euros
- All cancellations will be charged any bank charges incurred as a result of the cancellation.
- All bookings require a Refundable Security Deposit of 600 Euros. Any damage above this cost will also be paid by Guest(s).
- The security deposit is refundable at the end of stay or upon any cancellations.
- A discount may be available for long-term rentals (i.e 1 month or longer). Please feel free to contact us to discuss your requirements.
Finally, we would love to welcome you into our home & hope you will enjoy your stay - but please remember that this is also our home away from home and as such, we trust that you would treat it with love & respect as we do. Thank you
Our place is Ideal for families, couples or even the lone traveler needing a quiet retreat. We strive to ensure your holiday is enjoyable!
Five generations later our home still remains in the family and dates back nearly 200 years. The foundations for the construction of the house were first laid in 1820. Over the years it has been occupied by Turkish and Italian Governors, and briefly served as the headquarters for the British military command after the island was taken by the allies in 1944.
During the numerous attempts to maintain and renovate the house, we have done so with great care preserving the traditional features of the house and its original style.
Our home reflects some of the island's historical moments captured in photographs & lays homage to what it once was and what it is today.....
Step out the door & you are right on the water, no long treks to the beach.... & day or night, you have a great view of the port with boats sailing in & out
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
High Season 2017
14 Jun 2017 - 16 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£425|
Licence Number: MHTE 1476K92000433201
This uniquely authentic Greek Island has lots to offer despite its small size. Take a walk up to the Horafia or to Mandraki to relax and enjoy the spectacular view and sunset.
The island has two museums offering a journey in Kastellorizo's incredible history and culture since antiquity. There are also in excess of 20 churches on the island built under varying historical periods and the diverse architecture and style is noteworthy.
For swimming the best spots are Plakes (a short boat ride from the harbour), Faros (the lighthouse situated in the harbour on the opposite end of the house) or indeed right outside the house in the crystal turquoise waters.
Try a boat trip to the cave of Parastas with its beautiful blue waters. Other day trips are also available, including visits to Kas, a fishing and tourist port in Turkey, which is a mere 20 minute boat ride.