Spend the night aboard Sable, a 32 foot Chesapeake Bay Deadrise. Sable has a single V berth forward, toilet, sink and small kitchen dining area. Showers are available at the marina clubhouse. She is moored in a covered boathouse to stay cool on the hot days and dry during rainy days. Sable is equipped with AC and Heat, running water, refrigerator, DVD/CD player, TV, Stereo and a generous selection of books and magazines. Free parking.
We provide towels and kitchen equipment. Linens are not provided, we suggest warm weather sleeping bags
A few notes.....
- Sable isn't a yacht, she is a deadrise that has been converted to a cruising boat. She is clean and comfortable, but not elegant like the boats you see in magazines
- Her V berths are 20 inches wide by 75 inches long and cushions are 3 inches thick, there is a filler cushion to insert between the berths to add some more room
- She doesn't have a shower on board, the marina has a nice bath house with private showers
- We set up a coffee pot for your use (and provide coffee, cream, sugar etc)
- We provide some breakfast snacks (granola bars etc, but can provide other items at your request)
- We provide a Microwave
- Drinking water is provided (bottled)
- The cabin is Air Conditioned
- Internet is intermittent but free, TV reception is not available. A DVD player, Media Player, CD Player, AM/FM radio is provided
- Our marina is one of the best in Deltaville, very quiet at night but, the people who keep their boats there use them so there may be a few boats starting up around 6 am or so. Everyone is very respectful but I just wanted to let you know.
Rental of Sable through Homeaway is for dockside lodging only; If you would like to cruise on her in addition to lodging or stay aboard her somewhere besides Deltaville, please ask.
I own and charter Sable for cruising, fishing and site seeing
Wes purchased this boat in 2014
Sable is a comfortable alternative to motels. Please note - Sable is not a yacht. She is a very clean and comfortable working boat tied up at a fantastic marina.
Very well appointed and maintained dead rise. If beautiful old boats are your thing don't miss this one.
We had a great experience renting the Sable for the night after a wedding in Deltaville. The boat was very clean, and Wes was very helpful in showing us where everything was. In addition, the marina's bathrooms were very clean and spacious. The boat is not particularly big, but it suited us fine, especially having stayed on boats of this size before. It was also a very nice touch for Wes to include complimentary snacks, water, milk, and coffee on the boat. I would stay on the Sable again and recommend it to friends.
As a couple, we selected this boat as our Deltaville stay to enhance our supermoon kayak trip. It offered a comfortable quiet base to change, get some rest before our evening paddle, and unwind a little afterwards before bed. Wes our host offered surprising amenities such as games, magazines, snacks, bottled water, morning coffee, kitchenette supplies, and bath towels. The boat has been meticulously restored with gleaming wood, clean plump cushions, clear well-working windows/screens, and bright shiny paint. The marina is excellently maintained with immaculate modern bathrooms (gloriously warm well-pressured showers!) and very very quiet. It was lovely to sleep to gentle rocking while catching the breeze off the Bay. Of course all is minutes away from charming shops, great restaurants and water galore. We will definitely be back.