2 Story Classic Cottage with 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Amazing Bay & Sunset Views
We love Fair Harbor and love to travel the world! My wife and I enjoy the laid-back, Fire Island beach lifestyle. We find homes with beautiful bay and sunset views spiritual and inspiring. We take pride in helping our guests create fond vacation memories. As we like connecting with our hosts and experiencing the local culture and way of life when we travel, we offer many suggestions to our guests on where to go, what to do & how to enjoy Fire Island and its relaxed, bohemian beach-life vibe. We live on Long Island, NY just 7 miles across the bay, but feel thousands of miles away when in Fair Harbor.
Roberto purchased this Cottage in 2010
Why Roberto chose Fair Harbor
ASK OUR GUESTS - PLEASE READ OUR 5 STAR GUEST REVIEWS FOR OVER 7 YEARS! Please read and you will see why our guests' experiences are wonderful and their stay creates fond family and friend memories. Fair Harbor is one of the most beautiful beach locations in the world. The Fair Harbor community has a casual, laid back vibe, with interesting, creative and friendly people.
What makes this Cottage unique
SEE WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY - SEE OUR 5 STAR GUEST REVIEWS. Please read and you will see why our guests' stays have been wonderful and their experiences created fond family/Friend memories. The spectacular bay and sunset views; the very convenient location; and the perfect, private setting to relax and embrace the natural beauty of one of the best beaches in the world! You will absorb the chill, laid-back vibe of Fair Harbor, where you can meet and socialize with interesting, creative, and friendly people from Europe, NYC, Fire Island and around the world.
Pets allowed - There is a $50 pet fee for your stayThere is a $50 pet fee for your stay
Max guests: 11
Minimum age of primary renter: 25
100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date.
QUAINT BEACH HOUSE WITH AMAZING VIEWS AND SUNSETS
We celebrated our triplet daughter's Sweet 16 and had an amazing week in Fair Harbor. The owner, Roberto, was so easy to work with and very attentive to our needs.
The house is STEPS away from the beach on the bayside of Fire Island and a short walk to the ocean. We used the bikes, wagon, grill, beach chairs, umbrellas, and board games provided by the owner...all were in working order. The house has a very rustic beach vibe, which added to its charm. There were plenty of bath and beach towels for all 10 of us. Towels were all large, clean, and in good shape. The house was clean, as were the sheets and blankets provided. We ate on the back deck that had plenty of seating for all of us. One evening we had a wonderful dinner at LeDock restaurant in Fair Harbor for our celebratory dinner with our daughters and several of their friends. The house is very close to the dock, which made it easy to get our food delivery order from Shoprite in Bay Shore. (very easy and convenient and cost effective way to feed 10 people for a week) Our daughters and their friends walked around the corner from the house every evening to get ice cream or acai bowls at Unfriendly's Ice Cream Shop. There is a market steps away from the house to purchase anything you need. It can be expensive to purchase food/water on Fire Island, but the market was a really nice convenience to have when we ran out of a few things.
We took a short boat ride to Ocean Beach one afternoon. We did not use the Water Taxi, but saw it running back and forth regularly. Our daughters and their friends actually walked back to Fair Harbor and said it was a fun walk.
I can't say enough nice things about our stay at Roberto's beach house in Fair Harbor. He was very quick about answering our questions and giving great advice about how to manage our stay on Fire Island. It was so important to us to make this trip memorable for our daughters. The house and charm of Fair Harbor left all of us with memories of a lifetime!
I would definitely rent again from Roberto!!
Thank you, Mike, for your wonderful review, for being communicative and for taking great care of our cottage. Mike, family and friends were great guests. You all are welcome back any time!
Wonderful bungalow on the bay
Roberto is truly the most accommodating host first and foremost. Every question answered. Every issue addressed. The house is perfect for 2 parents downstairs and teens upstairs. We had 11 people all week, comfortably. Although the inside first floor is a bit narrow, there is a big screened in porch and back deck that we used all the time. But really it’s the bay view in the front that kept us captive all week. Why would we ever be inside? We had coffee watching the sunrise at our doorstep. Kayaking at sunset was dreamy (thanks for the boats Roberto). The grill worked great. The outdoor shower was fantastic (11 people and no hot water issues). And a crazy amount of towels. Some bikes were not working but Roberto fixed them when we asked. We had a glorious week in this bungalow on the bay. We are coming back in 2020!
Always happy to have guests like Julianne and family - they embrace the Fair Harbor vibe, appreciate the cottage location and charm, and enjoy the beautiful, natural, laid-back bay and ocean beach scene.
Amazing location but house needs work.
The location was fantastic, right next to the dock, market, bay and playground. The views of the sunsets from the house were unforgettable. Roberto did a great job communicating up front. He was a lovely person during check in and let us check in early. So it pains us to leave this review but as frequent vrbo users, we want to make sure others are aware or know what questions to ask. Perhaps this year represents a dip in house care for the owners as past reviews were so positive!
The house comes well loved - we knew it would be rustic (we are long time fire island people) but the unsafe and unsanitary condition was over the top and made for an uncomfortable stay. Many things were broken or close to being broken - busted wagon, almost all bikes are broken, shredded towels, sheets with holes in them, etc. And dirty - very old used food was left behind (mayo dated 2016!), floor of outdoor shower is covered in a green mold, bbq not cleaned off before we arrived. And areas were unsafe for kids - one side of the house was covered in construction and hazardous materials, nails stuck out of walls, very steep staircase.
We felt mislead with the house description. Largest discrepancy is bedroom layout. Four out of the five bedrooms are railroad style, so for all 4 upstairs bedrooms, you have to walk into one bedroom to get to the next. It’s more like a 3 bedroom with 2 attached sitting rooms. The closets are packed with owners belongings.
We still had a great time but it was a tough stay. House has great potential.
I am appalled and outraged by Sarah’s review, as it is FILLED WITH FALSEHOODS, FALSE AND MISLEADING STATEMENTS!
• I reject Sarah’s false statement that our cottage had unsafe and unsanitary conditions. If it were true, any guest, and especially someone with Sarah’s personality, would have notified me immediately, or at some point during their stay.
• I was certainly misled by the Sarah and her family, as I had several conversations and texts with Sarah and her parents throughout her stay, and I received positive feedback about enjoying their stay. In fact, Sarah emailed me saying, “You are a fabulous host, thank you!!”
• With the exception of the running toilet problem- which we subsequently replaced with a new Toto toilet, Sarah and her family NEVER mentioned a word to me about any of the issues she described during her entire 8 day/7 night stay.
• Sarah’s statement about the house being unsafe is a falsehood. The cottage is safe and child-friendly. Please see past, current and future reviews to confirm that. As I told Sarah and family, and all of my guests, the east side of the house is not accessible and safely locked and blocked off from guest use, as there are construction materials there.
• Sarah made a misleading statement about “dirty, very old used food”. We only leave condiments in the fridge, spices and coffee, as a courtesy & convenience to our guests. So the only “used” foods were spices and condiments like ketchup and mustard.
• Sarah also made a misleading statement when she said, “almost all bikes are broken”. We have between 4 to 8 working bikes available for guests.
• Sarah outright lied about the broken wagon. Her brother told me he broke the wagon wheel, while a child was riding in it (which is due to the excess weight pressure). The amazing thing is I fixed it the next day by replacing the wheel with a spare one!
• Sarah also made a false statement when she wrote: “It’s more like a 3 bedroom with 2 attached sitting rooms”. Our cottage has 5 bedrooms, with pocket doors separating each of the two bedroom layouts on either side of the second floor – 2 bedrooms have two twin beds each, 1 bedroom has a double bed, 1 bedroom has a double and a twin bed, and the downstairs bedroom has a queen bed.
• Finally, Sarah made a false statement when she wrote: “The closets are packed with owners belongings”. The closets have guest towels, house supplies (light bulbs, ironing board, vacuum, etc), first aid kit, etc. for guests’ convenience. We even have a Pack and Play and child gate for young children, which Sarah utilized and loved!!!
In summary, Our cottage is almost 100 years old, so, yes it is rustic with a standard cottage style staircase, which makes it wonderfully charming and casual - in a Tennessee Williams novel kind-of-way. Fair Harbor and I take pride in our town’s and my cottage’s chill, laid-back vibe. If you want pristine, shiny new and immaculate, IT’S BEST TO GO TO THE HAMPTONS.
IN CLOSING, SARAH'S REVIEW IS AN ABERRATION, AN ANOMALY. THIS IS PROVEN BY MY PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE GUEST REVIEWS!
Cozy Beach House
If you are looking for a chill vibe and shabby chic beach house, this is the place for you!
Comfortable and quaint, this house is a perfect spot if you like a bit of Fire Island without all the hustle and bustle of some of the other towns.
Gather at the dock for a sunset party before dinner or day trip to another town if you want more action. Either way, you won’t be disappointed.
Our host Roberto was great and the town has all you need for a relaxing stay. Will be back next summer for sure!
Thank you, Tracy, for taking care of our cottage. I am so pleased that you enjoyed Fair Harbor and our cottage. You ware selcome back any time
Big house right next to Fair Harbor Dock - great host
Roberto was easy to communicate with and great host! House is VERY close to the fair harbor dock - special location. House has lots of charm & personality but also very clean!
David and his friends were great guests. I am happy they enjoyed their stay and celebration.
Lovely and friendly owner
The location of this cottage can't be beat. Especially if you have small kiddo's. It's directly across from the bay and playground. There were plenty of bikes for the grown-ups and plenty of beach stuff. Chairs, umbrellas, toys, boggie boards. and more stuff. We loved hanging out on the back deck. Thank goodness for the window airconditioners. It got crazy hot and humid a few days but we had no problems cooling the bedrooms off with the window units. I would give this 4.5 stars if I could. The only reason I can't give it 5 stars is that the grill was very old and only 3 out of the 4 burners worked. When you are cooking for 8 it's hard not to have a better grill. But the cottage looks just like the pictures and we had a great time. All the other appliances were in good working order including the dishwasher. Life saver. And the out door shower is great.
Katie and her family and friends were great guests. We apologize for the BBQ, as things rust quickly on Fire Island, and we were not aware of the one burner malfunction. We replaced it with a new BBQ burner. Thank you!
Fair Harbor is a charming town on beautiful Fire Island. Called 'The Barefoot Community', it embraces a laid-back, bohemian family atmosphere with an international flare. A short boat ride or beach walk to all of the other beautiful Fire Island towns with their own unique personalities to match your interests.