|Space||948 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||60 - 180 nights|
Adults Only. No Children and No Pets. November to May - Minimum 4 month rental. June to October - Minimum 2 month rental @ discounted rate of $950 p/month.
Beautiful 1947 bungalow situated 50 yards from the edge of gorgeous Lake Eustis in Central Florida. Home has been completely renovated and decorated with antiques and comfortable furniture. Two brand new Queen beds, new washer and dryer, refrigerator, and dishwasher. Separate bathroom has new tub with shower, toilet and pedestal sink while there is also a separate vanity area, with sink, and dressing/makeup mirror. Kitchen features a new gas stove, microwave, garbage disposal, and mini office area. Dining area is just off the kitchen/living room. Living room has a comfortable sleeper sofa and 55 inch flat screen satellite TV with DVD player. Large double doors lead to the front screened porch with fantastic views of the Lake. Both bedrooms have their own closets and dressers. Rear yard is completely fenced with two double gates for ease of entry for your boat or RV. A large 26' x 20' carport will offer protection from the elements. Three giant 150 year old Oak trees with hanging Spanish Moss offer shade and a place for the hammock. Home has an ADT alarm system installed.
Do not be concerned about the railroad tracks across the street. No trains have used them in over 20 years.
Mark is retired from the United States Air Force after 23 years as an Aircraft Maintenance Technician/Supervisor. Ruby is retired from being self employed as a real estate investor and house flipper. Both of us have many years of experience in the construction industry.
Mark Schneider purchased this house in 2015
The property had been vacant for several years as a foreclosure and the proximity to the City of Eustis and the Lake were a deciding factor in our purchase.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jun 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
60 night minimum stay
for 60 nights
My Standard Rate
180 night minimum stay
for 180 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£160|
Payments may be in the form of Money Orders, Certified Checks, Personal Checks, PayPal and major Credit Cards. We do not accept American Express and an additional 3% fee will be required to process a credit card. Returned checks will incur a $35.00 fee.
A 30 Day notice of Cancellation is required. Cancellations that are made less than this are subject to ALL MONIES RECEIVED BEING NON-REFUNDABLE.
The City of Eustis, Florida was established in 1883 in the heart of Lake County. When John Angus MacDonald began luring settlers to Central Florida in the 1870’s, the eastern shoreline along Lake Eustis was a perfect site for development. Beautiful views, pristine environments and flawless weather made Eustis ideally suited for tourism and the citrus industry. Men with historic names like Ferran, Gottsche, Pendry, Clifford and Lane were but a few who could envision the area’s potential.
Today, Eustis is a friendly hometown covering approximately 11.4 square miles, a community for families, and a destination for arts and culture – reflecting its motto of Culture, Opportunity, and Vitality. Eustis has a thriving downtown, a beautiful waterfront, and quality neighborhoods. It is an ideal home for small businesses. Residents enjoy the natural resources, beauty, opportunities for an active life style, and easy movement within the City and to the region.
Eustis is one of several towns in Lake County dating to the 1870s, a post Civil War era when settlers moved southward from other states into the Florida frontier. Eustis is named after Colonel Abraham Eustis who served in the U.S. Army in Florida during the early nineteenth century. Settlement at Eustis began in late 1875, with the arrival of several homesteaders including A.S. Pendry, who became the postmaster of the Pendryville post office in 1877. In 1879, Pendry platted 80 acres of his homestead as Pendryville; the name was soon changed to Lake Eustis, and then to simply Eustis. Before railroads reached central Florida, long distance travel and shipping relied on steamboats and early settlements were concentrated along navigable waterways. Steamboats along the St. Johns River connected Eustis with Mellonville (today Sanford) and Jacksonville. In Eustis, a boat landing on the lake at the foot of Macdonald Avenue was the primary shipping point, and established that street as a commercial corridor.
In the late 1870s, seven homesteaders came to Eustis – G.D. Clifford, C.T. Smith, P.P. Morin, Augustus Gottschee, E.F. King, Mr. Level, and Mr. Conway – accompanied by John A. Macdonald of the United States’ land office in Jacksonville. Macdonald helped settlers choose a homestead site, and then recorded their claims with the federal government. Macdonald actively promoted settlement in the Eustis area.
With the arrival of the St. Johns and Lake Eustis Railway in 1880, replacing steamboats as prevalent mode of transportation and shipping, the frontier settlement of Eustis grew into a small city, with churches, stores, schools, a bank, and a newspaper. Residents voted to incorporate Eustis in 1886.
Citrus growing was a major industry in Eustis. The Big Freeze of 1894-95 and 1898-99 devastated the citrus crop in Eustis and the surrounding areas. Despite this setback and subsequent freezes, the citrus industry continued to flourish and Eustis became known as the “Orange Capital of the World.” The United States Department of Agriculture had even established a research station and laboratory in Eustis used to study plant diseases and later “became involved in pioneer research of hybridization of citrus.
In addition to the fruit and vegetables grown by local farmers, the town’s economy included tourism. Hotels (the largest being the Ocklawaha Hotel), boating, parks, and clubs attracted visitors during the temperate winter months.
The efficiency of the railroad over steamboat and horse and carriage travel made travel more desirable and the number of people traveling to Eustis increased. Tourist coming to Eustis by train would arrive at the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Depot which formerly stood at the southwest corner of Magnolia Avenue and Bay Street. Later, in the 1910s, the Dixie Highway and paved roads brought automotive tourists to Eustis.
One of the popular past times on Lake Eustis was motor boating. It was written in newspapers that this sport could not be matched in any other section of the state. Boating on Lake Eustis has remained a great attraction for tourists and residents.
Ferran Park was the City’s first public park. It is named after Eustis pioneer and local businessman Edgar L. Ferran. The park began with the purchase of land between Clifford Avenue and Orange Avenue in 1913. A bulkhead (a concrete retaining wall) was constructed 250 feet out into Lake Eustis and extended approximately 950 feet along the shoreline. Once, the bulkhead was complete it was filled with sand from the bottom of Lake Eustis to create the park that we have today.
Seeing an opportunity to serve the tourist, Frank D. Waterman, of the Waterman Fountain Pen Company, built the Fountain Inn, a first-rate hotel in downtown Eustis. The hotel opened in 1923 and operated up until 1936 when the impacts of the Great Depression could not be endured any further. In 1937 Mr. Waterman turned the hotel over to a group of local doctors for use as a hospital, still in use today.