|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Newly remodeled, spacious, and convenient 2 bed/1 bath 1st floor apartment in 12 unit building just steps away from S Lake Ave. 2-blocks to Colorado and Caltech; 1mi to Old Town & Rose Bowl. Monthly rentals preferred.
The two bedroom both have very luxurious,
king-sized, memory foam beds for amazing comfort. Features include updated kitchen, bathroom, closet space, new hardwood floors, and extra sheets/towels.
Gate parking space is included. Laundry room is available in the back of the building.
In the past, we also hosted on Airbnb. You can find some of our reviews here:
I am an entrepreneur and real estate investor who has lived in the Los Angeles area for over 40 years. I enjoy meeting new people, traveling, interior decoration, and spending time with friends and family. I speak English, Mandarin Chinese, and Taiwanese.
We stayed here for a little more than two months from November 2016 – to early January 2017. The apartment has pluses and minuses. First the positives:
1. It is well located. Shopping of all kind within a block of the apartment, and a short walk to Cal Tech. Pasadena is a nice little city with lots of restaurants and entertainment of all sorts.
2. It is recently renovated and is a large beautiful space. Nice looking kitchen & living room, comfortable memory foam beds. Nice outdoor patio for evening dining. Large space.
3. The owner (Glendy) and her husband are very nice to work with in-person.
4. It is very quiet - well off the street and quiet neighbors.
5. The underground parking is very convenient.
There were, however, some drawbacks which is why we did not give 5 stars. Most could be fixed easily; if they are fixed and if we could reliably reach the owner, then we would definitely recommend this apartment.
1. The internet is very poor. We never got a strong signal, but frequently it stopped entirely. The router is not located in the apartment so we could not reboot it. On one occasion, the internet was out for hours, and owner did not respond to email or text so we had to go elsewhere for internet services that day.
2. The apartment is sparsely provided with furniture and needed household items - fewer than are found in most VRBO or Homeaway apartments. We asked for additional items, including a lamp, toaster & broom, and the owner provided some things, but did not want to provide all of them. We purchased additional lamps, a desk, rugs, kitchen utensils and dishes - some which we left behind. Note that there is no oven (the website description is incorrect), just a cook-top. If you need a rice cooker, there is none and the owner does not want to provide one.
3. The central furnace does not work, & there were no instructions to heat the apartment. Despite repeated emails & texts the owner never responded concerning this problem. We were able to heat the apartment barely using the air conditioners run in a heating mode (look for the red button on the window unit in each room). It was always rather uncomfortably cold & too loud to sleep, so we turned off the heaters at night & bought a fan to circulate the air.
In sum, we might look harder for different apartment next time. There are many others near this apartment, however it might be hard to find one that is furnished and allows a short term leas
We spent three weeks in California for vacation during the summer. The apartment is well mantained, it very well located and the owner is kind and responsive. We highly recommend this property for short stays.
A very nice two bedroom apartment clean and so comfortable. Really a great location.
We spent 3 days in Pasadena at Glendy's apartment and it was great. Glendy is very responsive through emails or text, and the apartment is gigantic, it could easily fit 5 persons. Apartment was clean and well located in the heart of Pasadena, close to many shops and restaurants, as well as Caltech. We will definitively use this apartment again next time in Pasadena, five stars!
We really enjoyed our stay and will return. The apartment was everything we needed. It was clean and well maintained. The beds were so relaxing and we always had a great nights' sleep! We had no problem with water pressure and the shower had really hot water that never went cold. That was definitely a bonus. The overall layout of the apartment was simple and appreciated. The kitchen was well equipped, but did not have an oven, coffee pot or corkscrew. We had to buy a coffee pot at Rite Aid down the road. The apartment was conveniently located with a Starbucks around the corner and Panda Express across the way. We were right off the Rose Parade route as well. We really enjoyed having Netflix; however, it did need to buffer frequently. We were able to watch Netflix without interruption late at night.
I was in the middle of relocating for job. I found this great apartment, 2 bedrooms 1 bath. I stayed 33 days. The owners were very kind and understanding. The apartment is very quite, near the college, shopping and amazing restaurants.
The only downside, if you are a cook, there is no oven.
Highly recommend for short or long term stay.
We are centrally located in Pasadena; with just about all you can imagine a few blocks in each direction. Conveniences include, but are not limited to:
- 1 block from shopping and restaurant areas on South Lake Ave
- 2 blocks from Colorado Blvd.
- Top restaurants within 4 blocks include: Mediterranean Cafe, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Abricott, The Counter, Lemonade, Malbec, Green Street Restaurant, Bistro 45, Cafe Verde, and New Delhi Palace.
- 2 blocks from California Institute of Technology (Caltech).
- 3 blocks from Pasadena City College (PCC).
- 1.4 miles (7 minutes by car; 15 minutes by bus) to Old Town, with many hip bars, cafes, galleries, boutiques and performance venues. Top restaurants include: Ración, Cheval Bistro, Vertical Wine Bistro, Sushi Roku, Aroma Cafe, Osawa, The Melting Pot, and Scarlet Tea Room.
- 2 miles (7 minutes by car) to The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens.
- 4 miles (12 minutes by car) to Rose Bowl Stadium.
- 12 miles (20 minutes by car) to downtown Los Angeles and STAPLES Center.
Pasadena is very green and lush and as the city people like to say, "We are blessed with a TREE-mendous canopy of leaves over our city," there are tons of shaded areas perfect for leisurely strolls. The neighborhood is very safe and is ideal for families.
As the ninth-largest city in Los Angeles County, Pasadena is famous for the annual Rose Bowl football game, the Tournament of Roses Parade, California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Fuller Theological Seminary, Art Center College of Design, the Pasadena Playhouse, the Norton Simon Museum of Art, and the Pacific Asia Museum.
- Huntington Hospital - 1.8 mile, 7 minutes drive
- San Gabriel Valley Medical Center - 4.7 miles, 11 minutes drive
- Alhambra Hospital Medical Center - 4.9 miles, 14 minutes drive
- City of Hope Medical Group - 2.4 miles, 10 minutes drive
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£318|
Due to recent incidents of credit card fraud and thefts, for your security, please send us a copy of your driver's license/passport/official photo ID prior to check in. Thank you for your cooperation.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.